“Perfect Place to Stay to See Washington D.C.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Springfield
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Perfect Place to Stay to See Washington D.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while visiting the sites around Washington D.C. This Best Western hit a grand slam with me. First I was upgraded to the top floor and received a free happy hour and breakfast every morning. The hotel has shuttles that take you straight to the Metro. We just got a weel long pass and used the MEtro to go everywhere around Washington D.C. Took about 30-40 mins to in and out of the city using the Metro. All the employess were super friendly. Rooms are enclosed and we felt very safe. To tell you the truth we are use to staying at very high end hotels and I came away from this Best Western very pleased. They did the little stuff like giving you snacks, papers and waters on a daily basis. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Over all a very great experience. Great hotel for the budget traveler. Saved a boat load of moneyy eating their free breakfast and nightly appetizers. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
BWSpringfield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Best Western Springfield. It is most gratifying to see that our efforts to provide great customer service with outstanding value is recognized. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. Once again we thank you for your support as we continue to strive to maintain our "Culture of Service".

At your service!

Management & staff

Best Western Springfield, VA

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This is a really great place to stay where everyone tries really hard to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.
Ok - the downside - the view we had was of a freeway, but on the other hand it is convenient for a quick getaway! And the rooms are well sound insulated.
Everything else about this place is great - we were impressed.
We popped into DC and found we'd just missed the courtesy bus to the train station, so we traevlled the mile-and-half in our own vehicle and that was simple. No parking charge at Springfield/Franconia station on the weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
East Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I'd recommend the Best Western Springfield without hesitation. We were upgraded to Club Level and found our room to be immaculately clean, well appointed, and even included an ipod docking station. Every member of the staff we encountered, from the front desk to shuttle drivers, were friendly and helpful. We never had more than a 5-10 minute wait for the shuttle to and from the metro station and restaurants in the area. The staff left goody bags in our room every day of our stay and the complimentary breakfast on the 6th floor included omelettes, two types of breakfast sausages, hash browns and bacon among the usual breakfast offerings. This hotel is working hard to provide added benefit and exceptional customer service and it shows. Its efforts definitely contributed to our having a great few days in DC!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bonduel, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Excellent staff, clean hotel. Good sized pool with lifeguard and plenty of pool towels. Great breakfast with a lot of choices. Shuttle was timely and the drivers informative. Short ride to metro and the shuttle would take you anywhere you wanted within 3 miles, including restaurants, laundrymat, etc. Metro ride into the city was not as time consuming as expected. Free parking. Definitely a GREAT value for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I chose this hotel because of shuttle service to and from the Franconia/Springfield Metro station. That was super convenient; I never had to wait for more than a few minutes for the van to arrive. The breakfast offered a lot of choices - eggs, potatoes, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, and more. (However, sometimes the breakfast room was overcrowded, but I attribute that to the many boy scouts in the hotel.) The heat was overwhelming when I was there, but I was given bottles of water each day which was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and comfortable and moderately priced. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone touring DC.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Great value, free breakfast.

Use of lounge area for eating takeaway in the evening.

free shuttle bus to train station, direct to Washington for $9. Free Shuttle to any restaurant.

Great staff, good rooms and great value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel for business purposes or a quality stay. And as other reviews are favorable, I felt obligated to give this one.

My husband was there for an extensive business project, I was there to see relatives. My commute one way was approximately 1 1/2 hours, so 3 hours per day.

I can honestly say the maid service, including the Head Housekeeper's performance was poor. The 'Do Not Disturb' sign was up for two days. In the morning on both those days I was awakened by an audible uncomplimentary discussion directly outside the room door about the sign being up and the customers inside. I ignored the insults and the situation.

On my last and only day to sleep in, the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was up and I was again awakened by another uncomplimentary conversation outside the door about the situation. Despite the sign and although it was apparent that I was in the room, (the rooms have no soundproofing from the hallways), the Housekeeper knocked on the door and wanted to come in.

Also on the last day of our stay, my husband's business activities changed so that he needed to stay at work until 2 pm. That meant I would have to wait in the lobby for 2 hours for him to return as checkout was at noon. We requested a late checkout. We were told that 1:00 pm was the best that they could do or else there would be an additional charge for a 1/2 day.

I started packing the car at 12:20pm. I was on the fifth (club) floor. When I returned to the building to go to the room to get the rest of my luggage, I was locked out. My card had been deactivated.

I went to the lobby and when I explained the situation, one of the staff (ostensibly the manager) turned around and looked up at the clock on the back wall and then nodded to a staff member. The card was then reactivated. Since the 'manager' was wearing a watch, I can only assume that there was a message in the gesture.

I did call the Best Western Phoenix Headquarters Customer Service Representative about the situation. The representative was thorough and pleasant. I am certain that she passed along the information to the appropriate department. She offered me a callback or email. I requested a telephone call. To date, I have received neither.

I hope this information is helpful especially for business travelers.

My husband and I travel frequently. This was our first stay at a Best Western in awhile. It will also be our last.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Springfield? Share your experiences!