“Can't say enough good things about this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Bonduel, Wisconsin
“Can't say enough good things about this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Excellent staff, clean hotel. Good sized pool with lifeguard and plenty of pool towels. Great breakfast with a lot of choices. Shuttle was timely and the drivers informative. Short ride to metro and the shuttle would take you anywhere you wanted within 3 miles, including restaurants, laundrymat, etc. Metro ride into the city was not as time consuming as expected. Free parking. Definitely a GREAT value for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Schererville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I chose this hotel because of shuttle service to and from the Franconia/Springfield Metro station. That was super convenient; I never had to wait for more than a few minutes for the van to arrive. The breakfast offered a lot of choices - eggs, potatoes, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, and more. (However, sometimes the breakfast room was overcrowded, but I attribute that to the many boy scouts in the hotel.) The heat was overwhelming when I was there, but I was given bottles of water each day which was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and comfortable and moderately priced. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone touring DC.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Great value, free breakfast.

Use of lounge area for eating takeaway in the evening.

free shuttle bus to train station, direct to Washington for $9. Free Shuttle to any restaurant.

Great staff, good rooms and great value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel for business purposes or a quality stay. And as other reviews are favorable, I felt obligated to give this one.

My husband was there for an extensive business project, I was there to see relatives. My commute one way was approximately 1 1/2 hours, so 3 hours per day.

I can honestly say the maid service, including the Head Housekeeper's performance was poor. The 'Do Not Disturb' sign was up for two days. In the morning on both those days I was awakened by an audible uncomplimentary discussion directly outside the room door about the sign being up and the customers inside. I ignored the insults and the situation.

On my last and only day to sleep in, the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was up and I was again awakened by another uncomplimentary conversation outside the door about the situation. Despite the sign and although it was apparent that I was in the room, (the rooms have no soundproofing from the hallways), the Housekeeper knocked on the door and wanted to come in.

Also on the last day of our stay, my husband's business activities changed so that he needed to stay at work until 2 pm. That meant I would have to wait in the lobby for 2 hours for him to return as checkout was at noon. We requested a late checkout. We were told that 1:00 pm was the best that they could do or else there would be an additional charge for a 1/2 day.

I started packing the car at 12:20pm. I was on the fifth (club) floor. When I returned to the building to go to the room to get the rest of my luggage, I was locked out. My card had been deactivated.

I went to the lobby and when I explained the situation, one of the staff (ostensibly the manager) turned around and looked up at the clock on the back wall and then nodded to a staff member. The card was then reactivated. Since the 'manager' was wearing a watch, I can only assume that there was a message in the gesture.

I did call the Best Western Phoenix Headquarters Customer Service Representative about the situation. The representative was thorough and pleasant. I am certain that she passed along the information to the appropriate department. She offered me a callback or email. I requested a telephone call. To date, I have received neither.

I hope this information is helpful especially for business travelers.

My husband and I travel frequently. This was our first stay at a Best Western in awhile. It will also be our last.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is a great place to stay, room rate is reasonable, two hotel vans will pickup/drop off from Metro or any other locations in 3 mi radius (the van drivers are very helpful). Although they do not have a "Business Center" I was able to get everything done (printing, faxing, etc) much easier and faster. The hotel staff is great, the breakfast is excellent. We enjoyed our stay and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this place to others.

Maquoketa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while we were visiting D.C. I thought we had very good service. When we asked for an extra pillow and a toothbrush they gave them to us. I also felt the breakfast was very good. I would recomend staying here.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We picked this hotel because, when visiting D.C., we know our way around Northern Virginia as opposed to Maryland, it had good reviews on trip advisor, and because, although it is 13 miles from DC, it is near metro, and includes a shuttle to same.
I can't say enough about the amenities, value, and service at this location. The included breakfast was great, including eggs, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, waffles, pastries, hot and cold cereals etc. Breakfast time lasted from 6:30 to 10:30 EVERY day, not just weekends. Guests could also obtain milk, juice, yogurt and coffee 24 hours a day. There were two business computers available for guests' use, although they were in very public areas. Every single staff member, including housekeepers, and maintenence workers, were unfailingly polite to guests. There is plenty of free parking, including three areas around the hotel for handicapped parking. Each area of parking was near an elevator. Doors were opened for guests upon entering and/or leaving the hotel lobby. I could go on and on about this hotel, but the bottom line is, we were REALLY impressed--our best experience to date when visiting qn area with grandchildren.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Springfield? Share your experiences!