“First visit to Washington DC with Family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Buffalo, United States
“First visit to Washington DC with Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This Best Western provided shuttle service to Metro which we took into Washington to visit the Smithsonian. Front desk was helpful in explaining how to get Metro rail tickets.Room was clean. Free breakfast GREAT. I would definitely stay again. If you're looking for a clean place to crash while visiting DC, this is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have stayed here at least four times since they have shuttle service to the nearest Metro station and this hotel is convenient for me for the Amtrak Auto train to return home to Florida. Historic Mt Vernon and historic homes and churches in N. Va are close by. They have an especially good breakfast. This is a popular place for international visitors. Very good pool with an attendant (lifeguard) whenever it is open.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lagrange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I called ahead and spoke to Mike. He was courteous and helpful. He answered all my questions and assured me they were ready to see to it that all my concerns were met. I had an appointment in DC the following day but needed to secure my luggage and he offered to secure it until my return even though I was no longer a guest by then.

When I checked in Alex was, if anything, even more helpful. He greeted us warmly reaffirmed the promise to secure our luggage and made us feel welcome and among friends. When I asked about local restaurants, Alex suggested Mike's American, which was fantastic. Thanks for the great tip!

The hotel amenities were excellent. The room was clean and the bed large and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was good, plentiful and complimentary. Three of my favorite things in a breakfast. I was especially pleased with the free shuttle for guests. The driver was friendly and courteous and took us right to the restaurant and of course back.

I was so impressed with the staff that I stopped in and spoke to the manager Hae-In Jung, who is a sweet, lovely lady and a joy to speak to. I am due back in DC in a couple of months and I WILL be staying here again. I've stayed in much more expensive hotels and resorts where the staff was nowhere near as personable or professional.

Special thanks to Alex. He REALLY went out of his way to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
State College, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here as a group booking for a wedding with several other family members. For the crazy low price that we paid, the room was pretty decent. It was definitely no frills, but it was fairly clean and very comfortable. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. Included in our room rate was free hot breakfast for everyone every morning. The food was plentiful, filling, and the area was clean. Again, the food was no frills, but it was really good for free food. All in all, our stay was a super bargain. We have paid more for just breakfast out when we have travelled than what I paid for the hotel room with 2 double beds and breakfast for everyone! If you want a super sleek and modern hotel, this isn't for you. If you are looking to stay somewhere moderately clean and want a great value, this hotel may be for you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Patchogue, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here last year and I have to say this place wasn't anything special, but at the same time the fact that it is so unremarkable may be a good thing. Like others have said, it is not very close to DC and there is a shuttle service to the Metro, but it adds up in time and money when you're taking WMATA every single day - you may want to pay that premium to be a bit closer to the city. Then again, that premium might have you paying for valet (which can be upwards of 40 dollars!), which is not an issue at this property, as parking is free, and so is the shuttle. However it took about 40 minutes from the Springfield station to get to the Smithsonian station. Also, you have to coordinate your schedule around the shuttle, so that means you need to get back to the station by 9:30 or you'll have to find another means of transportation. This became frustrating because we really didn't get to see DC's nightlife, nor see the iconic sights at night. The hotel is located right off the highway which is convenient since you can hop on it to get somewhere local quickly. Panera is only a 10 minute drive, and a Target is 3 minutes away. If you have the time, you should check out Old Town Alexandria, which is only 15 minutes away which is so quaint and adorable.

The room isn't too bad, two double beds were decent although one morning I did wake up with a sore back. Bathroom was fine, a little small but we were traveling with 3 people so maybe it was just that it was easy to feel cramped when people are coming in and out. There is supposed to be wifi, but the bandwidth was all used up when most people were awake, making it agonizingly slow. I was able to get fast wifi only when I woke up earlier than the general population (say, 5 AM).

Breakfast was good, and I was happy to have some options that were filling (like scrambled eggs) and some lighter options (yogurt, fruit) if you didn't want anything heavy spending a long day in the city. The other travelers we met there were extremely friendly and it was a nice start to our morning.

The pool got crowded very quickly on those warmer days and that was a bit frustrating, so if you want to take a legitimate swim there, forget about it. Also, it's not much of a view from the pool out to the parking lot and concrete jungle around the hotel itself, so it's pretty unappealing.

The staff was friendly, from the front desk to the breakfast area, nothing to complain about there. Overall I think our stay was exactly average - it certainly didn't "wow" me and it also didn't leave me with a sour taste in my mouth. However, I would be hesitant to come back here again due to the location and the curfew of the shuttle. If you are looking for a place to stay close to DC's city center, this may not be it...but if it's the best value you can find, then I'd suggest driving into the city and find parking there if you actually want to have a nice dinner and check out the DC sights at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Saegertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days while visiting our daughter who attends graduate school in the area. The room was nice enough, quiet and the bed comfortable. There were just several little things that make you wonder if they pay enough attention to detail. When we entered the room each night the musty smell was overwhelming. The iron was missing from the room and on the second night around 9 pm there was no hot water for about an hour. There was a coffee maker in the room, but packets of coffee were not left for use the second day. I will say that the breakfast selection was very good and the room where it was served had ample space.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandpoint, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Room was clean. Beds were doubles that sank in the middle. Did not get replacement towels on one of the days we stayed there. Free shuttle will transport you to and from Metro and within 3 mile radius of hotel any time from morning to about 9:30 (but not super early or to airport). Quite a ways from DC sights but Metro is convenient. Breakfast was OK, eggs, potatoes, sausages, yogurt, toast, cereal, juice, etc. Pool has lifeguard and was nice. Hotel is surrounded on all sides by roads or highway so not the greatest environment, but we got what we paid for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family