“Perfect Stopover On The Way To OBX” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6721 Commerce Street, Springfield, VA 22150-2507   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Cleveland, United States
“Perfect Stopover On The Way To OBX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This property is right off I-95, first exit south of I-495 which is exactly where we wanted to stay on our drive from Cleveland to OBX. Arrived around 8PM and the friendly desk clerk upgraded us to a King Suite on the 5th floor. Got a good night's sleep, had a decent breakfast-I LIKED MINE MORE THAN MY WIFE LIKED HERS. Around 9AM hit the road south at high rates of speed. Only defect to the property was the pool was green with oily scum on the surface.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Bob E,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is unfortunate that you were here while we were in the process of closing our outdoor pool for the season. We look forward to you staying again with us.

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The BestWestern in Springfield, Virginia is sort of a corporate or business type hotel close to the I-95 and I-495 junctures in Alexandria; it's definately convenient to Washington D.C.,. We stayed there to attend a party at the adjoining Waterford Event complex; for anyone going to the Waterford this a great choice.

The rooms were average sized with a hanging clothes rack, no closet. The bathroom is small and the sink is in the room area, not the bathroom. Its a sterotypic mid range hotel room.

THE GOOD
Clean Rooms - espically the bathrooms, spotless

Breakfast was pretty good in a very nice dining area. Coffee maker, refigerator, 32inch flat screen T.V. with good cable choices were all there.

Service was above average, younger clerks that were on the ball
Nice Pool - large too.

The location is close to a lost of good resturant choices and the BestWestern provides a Van Service.

Reasonably priced for the area

THE BAD
The property is dated, the furninture is beat up and the fixtures are old, I love the Bestwestern Hotel Guide and Road Atlas and I always took one when I stayed in the old days. I found a 2009 edition in my bedside table drawer which saddens me because that probly means they don't publish them anymore. This also show that this place has not been renovated in quite a while.

The building and the seperate lobby / breakfast building do not have much personality, sort of like a really nice college dorm building

The computer in the lobby is Jacked Up slow and outdated; this is not good for a corparate type hotel that has a lot of business type customers.

The back of the building is kissing close to an Interstate Highway Ramp, there is parking underneath the ramp itself. The noise for rooms facing the back has to be bad; fortunately we had a room on the 3rd fllor facing the front and it was quiet enough.

FINAL VERDICT
All in All - good choice because of the price but not a fabulous choice for anyone looking for a relaxing place to spend time. This is D.C. after all so most people are not there for the hotel but a quiet place to sleep at a reasonable price; this place makes it a good choice. The pricing makes this place a good choice but not what I would classify as a "no brainer." A 4 out of 5 but not a runaway wonder!

Enjoy D.C., its a marvelous place

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side and don't miss the breakfast
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear okguy2937,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip to the Washington DC area and that we could be apart of that trip. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here with us. It is feedback like yours that helps us make improvements for you and other guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Springfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we first moved in, I have noticed the WiFi signal is unavailable. Since we were tired and was at the edge of the floor, I did not bother to report the problem. At 12:30AM, we were waken up from sound sleep by the front desk telling us that he had assigned a "wrong" room to us. Minutes later, a couple were trying to open our room door. I called the FrontDesk and was told taht the couple would be assigned to another room. Right before I was checking out, I asked the front desk what was wrong with my room assignment. She checked the computer and apologized stated that it was hotel's own fault. Up to now, I still do not know what "wrong" room I was assigned. Was it the reason why my room had no WiFi signals?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Fong-ZhouZ,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Springfield for your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about the service you received at the property and would like to speak with you in order to follow up with the problems you had in more detail. I can be reached directly at 703-647-6860. I look forward to hearing from you.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Best Western Hotel with address being 6721 Commerce St Springfield, VA VA 22150 (703) 922-6100 is the worst hotel in this century because they pride themselves of making checking-in take more than 45 minutes while there is a queue of guest waiting to check-in. Even MCDONALDS understands the concept of customer service.

They have the worst customer service, even the woman who sells rotten tomatoes at Malata knows a thing or two about customer service that she can impart to even their general manager. Besides their horrible customer service that is even beneath the street seller of Africa they want to give me a hard time after they billed me twice for a stay.

Dear Adwoa P,
Thank you for your candid review of our property. I am truly sorry that you did not receive the service we strive to give all our guest. We have taken your evaluation of our customer service and are working with all our staff to make our service exceptional for all you and all our guest. I would personally like to assist you with any further attention you may need. I can be reached at 703-647-6860. Thank you again.

Angela H
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in august 2013.
First the pros:
The hotel is easy to find and we could find restaurants, pharmacies, groceries only a couple minutes away (by car) some by foot.
Everything is very clean.
Beds are comfortable.
You have everything for your stay, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, etc.
Easy drive to Washington, about 20 minutes, we parked at Union Station.
Price is OK.
The cons:
The hotel is situated practically under a interstate ramp so there's car noise and it's not a beautiful view if your room has a view to that.
The pool is nice but it's located on the parking in front of the main street and the fence hides nothing, so for intimacy, forget it.
The air conditioner works great but it's very noisy.
The lobby (and the breakfast room) is in a separated building linked by a covered walkway, so in summer it's OK, but I would not like this in cold winter days!
The internet in our room was terribly slow, I had to go to the lobby to make my things.
So, in conclusion, if you want a place to sleep to visit DC it's OK if the noise doesn't keep you from sleeping and you don't mind going to the lobby for internet access.
We we're looking for a cheap, clean location near DC, and we don't mind the noise, so it was OK for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in front, the interstate is in the rear parking, so it's noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Michel_Bernier,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the honest feedback on both the good and the challenging things about our property. Your review lets us know how we can make your future stay and the future stays of all our guest exceptional. I hope we will see you back again soon.

Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on Hotels.com and paid less then $100 a night. We were a little nervous about the quality of the hotel, but went ahead and stayed there. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel ! The shuttle was very convenient and took us to and from the metro everyday without a problem. They also provided shuttle service to any restaurant or establishment within three miles too. The room itself was old, but clean. Having a fridge and microwave was a plus. Although we didn't swim in the pool in looked well maintained and I was very impressed that there was a lifeguard on duty every day. The continental breakfast had a variety of options and was always stocked. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite.

The only negative thing I would say about the hotel was the air conditioning in the room. It gave the room a bit of a musty smell and the fan would blow some air in from outside, making the room a bit humid at times. For the price we paid, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jessica B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Best Western Springfield. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us . We are working on replacing our AC units in all of our rooms. We hope to see you back again soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This stay was phenomenal! It was just what our family needed. A local hotel to relax in that had a pool w/ excellent hours and an attentive lifeguard. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and beautiful the room was, since I knew it was an older hotel. The staff had the most amazing disposition and most graciously honored my request for late check-out the next day. To top it off, the complimentary breakfast actually included an assortment of hot items as well as cold items.

Room Tip: If you want the best wi-fi coverage, choose a room in the middle of any of the floors. I stayed on...
Dear TranquilB,
Thank you so very much for your great comments about your stay with us. We are so happy that your family enjoyed their stay. I am sorry there were challenges with the WiFi. We are upgrading our WiFi on property so that all of our guest will have a better connection. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Sales Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Springfield? Share your experiences!