“A Diamond in the Rough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Perrysburg, Ohio
“A Diamond in the Rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on Hotels.com and paid less then $100 a night. We were a little nervous about the quality of the hotel, but went ahead and stayed there. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel ! The shuttle was very convenient and took us to and from the metro everyday without a problem. They also provided shuttle service to any restaurant or establishment within three miles too. The room itself was old, but clean. Having a fridge and microwave was a plus. Although we didn't swim in the pool in looked well maintained and I was very impressed that there was a lifeguard on duty every day. The continental breakfast had a variety of options and was always stocked. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite.

The only negative thing I would say about the hotel was the air conditioning in the room. It gave the room a bit of a musty smell and the fan would blow some air in from outside, making the room a bit humid at times. For the price we paid, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jessica B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Best Western Springfield. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us . We are working on replacing our AC units in all of our rooms. We hope to see you back again soon.

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This stay was phenomenal! It was just what our family needed. A local hotel to relax in that had a pool w/ excellent hours and an attentive lifeguard. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and beautiful the room was, since I knew it was an older hotel. The staff had the most amazing disposition and most graciously honored my request for late check-out the next day. To top it off, the complimentary breakfast actually included an assortment of hot items as well as cold items.

Room Tip: If you want the best wi-fi coverage, choose a room in the middle of any of the floors. I stayed on...
Dear TranquilB,
Thank you so very much for your great comments about your stay with us. We are so happy that your family enjoyed their stay. I am sorry there were challenges with the WiFi. We are upgrading our WiFi on property so that all of our guest will have a better connection. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Would not stay at this motel again. The rooms, hallways and lobby stunk. We had a room on the first floor next to the pool. We never could get Internet service that was offered. When we called to ask about it we were told it we was because we chose the room closest to the pool and the service was poor on that end of the motel. The pool doesn't open until 10:00 am. There's not much time for a morning swim. On the plus side, the breakfast was wonderful! Great selection.

• Stayed August 2013
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Kimr3boys,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the comments. We have just completed the project of providing more reliable internet service to all of our guest rooms. We continually work on maintenance and sanitation to improve the appearance and freshness of our property. Your comments are important to us and help us to continually make improvements for you and all our guests. I would like to invite you back to the property during your next visit so that you can experience some of the changes we are making. You can contact me directly at 703-647-6860.

Springfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here because I work in Springfield and I was making up hours for work. I did not feel like driving all the way back home because it would take two hours. I decided to get a hotel because I had to come back to work early in the morning. I contacted Best Western and a lovely lady assisted. Now, she was great. Very friendly and Helpful. I was not sure I was going to stay until I talked to her. However, when I got there, I was confronted by some ghetto unprofessional bammer. In the morning, two bammers assisted me again. I was all confused as where the lady went. Or maybe she sits in the back hidden and only answering phones. The rooms are very small.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jennifer W,
I wanted to write and offer my sincerest apology for the incredibly poor customer service you received during your stay with us. This is not the customer service experience that it typical of our staff. All interaction with our staff should be as friendly and helpful as the first you received on the phone. Your comments are shared with the staff and management and have definitely been incorporated in the training to make every guest experience better. I would like to personally invite you to contact me personally and to have you give the property another try and see where we have made improvements. You can contact me at 703-647-6860.

Thank you for your comments.

mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Good to stay goos in subway taxi and good brackfast unlimited carry with some for your trip. for kids loving and caring. the staff driver very good understanding. First we have to good and respect others then get same are ==. I got full of my money back more then what I gave for stay

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear RamS,
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I like to take the Auto Train from Lorton, VA to my home in Sanford, FL and always stay at this Best Western. The location is excellent and I find the shuttle service to the Metro very convenient for my sightseeing for a couple of days before returning home. This BW is very clean and in a safe area, with restaurants convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear DLEWIS1,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward so seeing you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is no Four Seasons hotel, the exterior is pretty ugly. The location is very convenient for travelling further into Virginia or catching the metro into DC. Accommodation was perfectly adequate and clean and we were upgraded to a room with a fridge and a microwave (also iron/ironing board and hair dryer). There is ample parking space. However what made the stay wonderful is that the staff is special. Every one gave that little bit extra. They go out of their way to be helpful, well beyond the call of duty. We mentioned that we were interested in visiting some vineyards and before we knew it, the manager had printed out details of where we could go and how to get there. The shuttle drivers were always at our disposal and again very helpful and thoughtful. We were regularly taken and picked up from the metro, restaurants and shops. This free service for someone visiting from the UK was a real treat, so easy and convenient. The pool was very clean and had an attentive life guard on duty for all the opening hours (10am-10pm). Breakfast was plentiful and I enjoyed making my own waffles daily. They have coffee, tea and crisp red apples available all day in the lobby.Value for money the place is excellent. It is not a luxury hotel or one to spend all day in, but as a base for travelling it is ideal. We met a few of the guests there, some even staying as long as 2 months, others who are regulars. I have no doubt that it is the quality of the staff that has people stay and return.

Room Tip: We stayed twice and both rooms were fine, on 5th floor. If you need fast W-Fi ask to be placed near...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashoop,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Best Western Springfield. We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope you make it back to the area again and that we can assist you.

Sales Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Springfield? Share your experiences!