“Conveniently located off I-95 and near Springfield Metro” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Jupiter, Florida
“Conveniently located off I-95 and near Springfield Metro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here overnight on December 14, 2012.

Very average hotel in terms of cleanliness and amenities. I would have expected a bit more from a hotel in a metropolitan area. The room was adequately clean but was in need of renovation/upgrading. I chose this hotel as we were on teh way to Florida and wanted a day in D.C., and it was only a mile from the Metro station.

The lady who checked us in was friendly and helpful, considering we arrived at 1:00 am! I wish I could say the same for the man working the desk the next morning. There was a sign in the bathroom saying that if we'd forgotten basic toiletry items, that the front desk would be happy to provide some. Well, I had stupidly left my hairbrush in my bathroom back in the UK, so needed a comb desperately. The man looked at me as if I'd had five heads when I asked him for one. He said that they didn't provide such items. I kindly informed him that the sign in the bathroom said the contrary. He couldn't have been less helpful!

The breakfast was typical for hotels in the U.S. - at least we could make a strong cup of coffee! I paid $72 with the tax. Would have expected slightly more for that price, as I often pay less elsewhere for a nicer stay!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor facing the Interstate (west). No noise eminating from the road.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear jsdixie,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am sorry that your experience with our customer service was underwhelming. Please know that the customer service experience is very important to us and we have taken your comments back to the staff to make improvements for you and all our future guest. If you are back in the area, I hope we can have you back.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cincinnati, OH, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about a half-dozen times over the past year. I have stayed there two more times since my last review (November 2012 and January 2013). I keep coming back, so that has to tell you something. My last two stays have been uneventful, which is exactly the way I like a hotel stay to be. Since you can read my other two reviews of this property for more details, I will simply summarize what I like and dislike about the property.

What I like:
1) The executive levels (floors 5 & 6) are quiet and well worth the extra $10 or so per night. I strongly recommend staying on those floors. The side of the hotel facing away from I-95 is much more peaceful.
2) The hotel is a good value for the price. The rooms are not huge, but they are clean and the bed is comfortable.
3) They sandwich the blanket between two sheets and use protective mattress covers. I appreciate both of those.
4) The breakfast is very good for the DC area. The selection doesn't change, but that's OK with me.

What could be better:

1) There have been a few annoying maintenance issues (alarm clock broken, door lock not working, mangled lamp shades, etc.) that detract from the overall experience. A little more attention to the property would make it better.
2) The cable TV lineup is a little weak compared to other properties.

Bottom line: Like other hotels in the area, this is an older building. If you want a sparkling new building, look elsewhere and be prepared to pay more. If you need a comfortable bed and a good breakfast at a reasonable price, get a room on the executive level and use the extra $50-60 you save each day to visit Mike's American Grill or another local restaurant.

Room Tip: Get an executive level room away from I-95 if possible (even numbered rooms on fifth or sixth floors...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear OH_Tom,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. We are pleased that you continue to return to our property. We value both the positive comments and the items that we can improve on. They help us make the future stays for you and all our guest a better experience. I hope we see you back again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stay somewhere else if you can. Appears the owner of this franchise location is cutting costs: The shuttle is running half-time now (8am-12pm, 5pm-9pm), the breakfast is old and stale everyday, the maintenance man is unqualified (and roams the hall nights talking on his cell), the pipes rattle, and the furniture is old and outdated, including the mattresses. On the plus side, a few of the front desk employees were kind and the room is equipped with small microwave and noisy fridge, but all this could hardly compensate for the hotel's many flaws.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a top floor room. Better yet, go somewhere else, like the Holiday Inn may...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AlotLessTraveled,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am dismayed that you found your stay so unsatisfactory. Your comments are valued and help us make improvements for your next stay. We have our shuttle available from 7am to 10pm daily and have made improvements to the breakfast. We would definitely ask for you to come back again and see the improvements we have made. You can contact me directly at 703-647-6860 to make arrangements. Thank you again for your time.

Clarksville, Tennessee, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nothing really negative to say about the BW. This hotel in particular wasn't great but i wasn't on vacation either some I didn't take time to notice anything special about the hotel. My only complaints are that the wireless was slow and no hardline connnection. There were two refridgerators in the room an neither of them worked properly. One made a knocking sound and the other one wasn't cold enough. Funny because I paid extra for a room with a refridgerator. The staff was helpful and friendly. I travel alot and stay at a number of different hotels for leisure and work. This BW is for if you want to save money and control your expenses. Like I said nothing special and you could do worst in the DC area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear TERRANCE B,
I want to thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We value your feedback and take your comments as tools to improve the property for you and all our guest. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet and have fixed/replaced any refrigerators that are not working. We look forward to you coming back to the area and hope you will stay with us again.

Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The bed in room 615 was so comfortable. Felt like sleeping on a cloud. Room has everything you could need for a night stay. And the breakfasts are great too. Front desk will provide basic items if you forget anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear RAYMOND H,
Thank you very much for your comments on your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that we will see you back again soon.

Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the most reasonably priced for my travel dates, of those in the area. It looks dated; the room was fairly clean, but there were stains, etc. from use. It's not awful, but for just a few dollars more per night at other nearby hotels, the quality jumps considerably,

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Tallulah13,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your candid review. Please know that we are continuously working to make our property a better stay for all our guest. I hope we will see you back again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in October 2011. We're from the UK and we wanted an inexpensive base for exploring Washington DC. Our stay threw up a mixture of good and bad points. First, the good: this hotel is extremely good value in comparison with other hotels around the DC area. It's a short shuttle-bus ride from the Metro station and the reception staff are good at organising drop-offs and pick-ups from the station. It's particularly well located for the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery. We also found our room to be large, clean, quiet and comfortable.
Now for the not-quite-so-good: I was disappointed to find that not only was the breakfast buffet *entirely* self-service, but that the crockery was polystyrene and the cutlery plastic. Perhaps this was more misplaced expectation on my part (we were lucky to get breakfast at all for the price we paid) but this was a new experience in a hotel for me. I also wasn't so keen on the taste of the sterilised milk. My second negative point is to do with a specific customer service incident. On our first morning, we were disturbed at 6am by an automated telephone alarm call. I called reception to explain that we hadn't ordered an alarm call and suggested that perhaps another room had requested it instead. The staff on duty didn't seem at all interested in this information. On the second morning when it happened again at 6am, my husband phoned reception to tell them to stop the automated alarm calls. The person on duty confirmed that we wouldn't get another wake-up call but unhelpfully suggested that we could "always just ignore it". The same thing happened on the third morning. This time we didn't call reception but we did mention it to the manager as we were checking out later on that morning. To her credit, the manager seemed to take the complaint seriously and appeared to be actively looking into the problem as we left.
I don't believe that the inappropriate wake-up calls are a common occurrence at the Best Western Springfield, but it does perhaps illustrate some issues with customer service that could be addressed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AnotherSarah,
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate any feedback that will allow us to make improvements to our property and service for our guest. I am so very sorry about the lack of customer service you received. That is not typical of our staff and we have taken your comments back to the staff to improve our service. If you make it back here to the DC area, we would love to have you back.

Sales Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Springfield? Share your experiences!