“Great food, better service!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Alabama
“Great food, better service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

While on vacation, we ate at Mike's twice this week. Once for dinner and once for lunch. The dinner for a family of 4 was great, My Drunken ribeye ($24) was not quite as good as I remembered. It was a little over seasoned and since their cooking ratings are different with medium being Hot with red center. I ordered it medium to medium well. It came out a little over done for me with only the faintest pink. My wife loved her crab sandwich ($16) and the white chocolate bread pudding was very good. We were seated quickly with call ahead service necessary for any dinner ( the place stays packed)! Our second visit was for lunch and while we were seated right away, we found by noon the place was full again. Service was probably the best ever seen with every waiter not just ours that passed by checking on us. I had the grilled pork chop with mashed cauliflower ($15) and it was all excellent. I was surprised they asked how I wanted my pork cooked.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“yum ozzie balls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Three stars for the food. An extra half star for the great service. Service here is usually on-point. I mean I wasn't even done with my raspberry ice tea and there was another on the table for me. The server was nice and we felt taken cared of the whole entire night. I should have remembered his name but I'm terrible with names....Anyhoo!

Food was okay. Used to love this place but I think I've really broaden my tastes and with that I've also raised my standards. In high school, I considered this restaurant upscale but I would say this place is about $20-40 and about average priced.

I ate the Flat Iron Steak Salad which included blue cheese, sun dried cranberries, dates, potatoes, onions, pine nuts, and greens" It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.
The steak was not warm enough, the meat tasted like it just cut and then cooked. It would have made for a better salad had the meat been marinated or at least had some pepper and salt on it!

The most expensive item on the menu was the Drunken Ribeye steak. This steak is on the more flavorful side and sweetly burnt on the outside with what I assume to be bourbon but really it was their beer. It just really dry for a medium cooked steak. You would think an American restaurant would get steak right but I guess to get steak right, you gotta go to a real steak house. I wouldn't really even suggest this for anyone to try but if you got 26 bucks to spend then you can judge for yourself!

On several occasions, I've tried the jambalaya pasta, hickory smoked ribs (typical bbq, nothing special), Salmon salad and was never highly impressed. I was disappointed in my sour tasting Grilled Portabello & Warm Goat Cheese over angel hair dish last time I was here.

Please try to ozzie rolls if you have never been to any of the Great American chain restaurants. They are the absolute BEST rolls ever! The sweet butter melts on top after you spread it on and it's like heaven in your mouth!

The best dessert to try is the Warm White Choc O Late Bread Pudding
With vanilla ice cream & caramel" This is an amazing bread pudding that just makes you want to fight others and eat your own.

Visited January 2013
Dumfries, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here for the first time last week and was pleased with the overall visit. I expected the food to be good since I had looked the place up on tripadvisor to read reviews prior to the visit and I was not disappointed, the atmosphere is nice, perfect for a date night. Parking is limited in their lot but there are shopping plazas nearby/across the street.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, OH, USA
“I loved this restaurant 20 years ago and I still love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm showing my age here, but my girlfriend (now my wife) and I used to come here on dates when we lived in this area many years ago. I finally had a chance to return to Mike's while on a business trip and, I'm pleased to say, it was just as good as I remembered it. The food was excellent, the service was good, and the prices were quite reasonable (very similar to the "roadhouse" type restaurants). I just wish my wife could have been there to enjoy it with me.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Dreadfully Long waits but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The catch with mike's is that it's almost always very busy which is a good sign however sometimes even on a Tuesday night and a party of 3 you can wait close to 2 hours which is honestly unacceptable especially when they give you a 40 minute estimate. I've been here enough to say it simply is not worth the wait. Yes the food is great but there are many other places serving food just as good with less of a wait if any at all.Sometimes the service is slow and the waiters/waitresses forget things but no one is perfect.

The bartenders at the bar though are really nice and there is usually room there to hang out so overall this place is good but I'm not a fan of the waiting. I've NEVER been here no matter what time of day and what day (weekend or weekday) where there wasn't a long wait.

• Visited December 2012