“Nice atmosphere, Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 153 restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dumfries, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here for the first time last week and was pleased with the overall visit. I expected the food to be good since I had looked the place up on tripadvisor to read reviews prior to the visit and I was not disappointed, the atmosphere is nice, perfect for a date night. Parking is limited in their lot but there are shopping plazas nearby/across the street.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Cincinnati, OH, USA
“I loved this restaurant 20 years ago and I still love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm showing my age here, but my girlfriend (now my wife) and I used to come here on dates when we lived in this area many years ago. I finally had a chance to return to Mike's while on a business trip and, I'm pleased to say, it was just as good as I remembered it. The food was excellent, the service was good, and the prices were quite reasonable (very similar to the "roadhouse" type restaurants). I just wish my wife could have been there to enjoy it with me.

• Visited January 2013
Virginia
“Dreadfully Long waits but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The catch with mike's is that it's almost always very busy which is a good sign however sometimes even on a Tuesday night and a party of 3 you can wait close to 2 hours which is honestly unacceptable especially when they give you a 40 minute estimate. I've been here enough to say it simply is not worth the wait. Yes the food is great but there are many other places serving food just as good with less of a wait if any at all.Sometimes the service is slow and the waiters/waitresses forget things but no one is perfect.

The bartenders at the bar though are really nice and there is usually room there to hang out so overall this place is good but I'm not a fan of the waiting. I've NEVER been here no matter what time of day and what day (weekend or weekday) where there wasn't a long wait.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax , Virgina
“Our "go to" place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Mikes is our "go to" place for birthdays, anniversaries or when family visits from out of town. We have never had a bad meal. The food is delicious, the wait staff is friendly and attentive. We talk about going other places, but usually end up at Mikes!

• Visited December 2012
Williamsburg
“GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food in a casual atmosphere that seems upscale! Service has always been top notch and the food delicious. Unique bread basket and the basil mashed potatoes is a taste like none other. We will continue to return here on our trips to Northern Virginia.

• Visited November 2012