“Not the Embassy Suites I remember!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Not the Embassy Suites I remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It had been many years since I stayed in an Embassy Suites-- this hotel was brand new and much nicer than I remembered! The lobby was very attractive, staff were pleasant and room was spacious and well appointed. The Manager's happy hour included very good beers on tap and passable wine. The location was great- easy to get to many Northern VA places. Got a good manicure across the street. When making your reservation, check the type of suite. Some are larger than others and prices may be the same. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014
Jason H, Manager at Embassy Suites Springfield, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Springfield. We love to hear guest feedback on our new design. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our local beer selections at our Evening Reception. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Embassy Suites Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Norfolk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is by far the best Embassy Suites that I've stay at. My son and I were happy with everything about the place. The staff was professional and friendly. The breakfast was great and the chefs excellent. We are going back. No respect of person at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brad W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Springfield, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Charles Y

We enjoyed having you as a recent guest at our new Embassy Suites Springfield. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff and breakfast offerings. We look forward to having you back soon. Please let us know how we can be of further service!
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel was close to D.C. Was very clean with only a few minor issues. The staff failed to clean the bathroom mirror. Kind of grose with other peoples toothpaste spit on it. Other than that , the only other issue was the staff entering my suite with the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging on the outside of the door. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brad W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Springfield, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Elizabeth F,

Thank you for sharing your observations regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Springfield. Your review has been shared with our entire housekeeping team and has been the source of some retraining of our staff to ensure we provide the cleanest accommodations and the highest levels of service. We sincerely hope you will give us another try and see the changes that have been implemented as a result of your constructive review. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. and look forward to having you back with us again soon!
Lorton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Needed a place close by for visiting family. Hotel was very close and new. Great staff and facilities. Room was very nice. Pull out sofa bed was not very comfortable but ok. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with fresh and well prepared items. The presence of a chef to cook to omelets and eggs to order was especially nice. Hotel had a open feeling, clean, and welcoming.

Dear Douglas B

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your family's recent stay with us here at the new Embassy Suites Springfield. We are very happy that everyone enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast! This is one of the major pillars that the Embassy brand was founded on and one we take very seriously.

I'm sorry that the pull out sofa bed was not comfortable. We will have our engineering team inspect the mechanism to ensure it is working properly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to serving you and your family members again soon!
Fishkill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

First time in an Embassy Suite. Food was great. Staff was amazing. Really loved the outside fire pit. Bartender was really helpful. The pillows were way to soft for me. They felt empty or under filled. Sleep quality takes a hit on my review only because I could not sleep with that pillow. I didn't even ask if they had other pillows or maybe more so that is my fault.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ann V, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Springfield, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Theodore T-
We're so happy you enjoyed the overall guest stay experience at Embassy Suites Springfield! We are really proud of our great team and beautiful Hotel. The Embassy Brand offers such great value. I hope we've made you a fan of our Brand for life! I am so sorry about the pillows. Believe me...I know the sleep experience can make or break a hotel stay. We do indeed have different pillow types available. If you would reach out to me, it would be an easy thing to update your preference, which would not only ensure we have firmer pillows waiting for you on your next stay at Embassy Suites Springfield, but would also note this preference when you stay at any of Hilton's Family of Hotel Brands. You can reach me at the Hotel via 703-337-4283 direct or ann.vandehey@hilton.com. I'll look forward to hearing from you!
AnnV
Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Beautiful facility, great value if they keep the rates where they have been the first 3 months of opening. Fitness room is well equipped, breakfast is excellent and the evening happy hour makes a long business trip comfortable. Most of the staff is professional and friendly. Beds where comfortable, rooms where clean and the soaps and shampoo worked well with the public water. I would highly recommend staying here. The one thing that would make it better is access to the Metro.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shawn S-
We really appreciate both your comments on our facilities and your service experience as well as understanding where we can improve here at the Embassy Suites Springfield. I wasn't sure from your review whether you attempted to use our complimentary shuttle to the Franconia/Springfield station. Understanding where we have opportunity to better communicate would ensure better service for a future stay here yourself, as well as for our other guests using the efficient Metro system to get around. I would welcome your call or email at 703-337-4283 or ann.vandehey@hilton.com. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us! We'll look forward to having you back soon! AnnV
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hotel is located off of I-95 and only minutes away from Ft Belvoir. The check in and check out was great, housekeeping was awesome, the rooms were superior, even though my room overlooked I-95 I didn't hear any traffic at all! The morning breakfast was superb. The bartender, Richard, at the manager's reception was the BEST! The drinks flowed and the music was awesome. I wish all Embassy Suites were like this. The TV had regular cable and a TV guide that was accessible on screen. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, this is the very best Hilton property that I have ever stayed in and I am looking forward to going back. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the area. this hotel is very new with modern furniture and features. it is like a home away from home.

During the manager's reception the price of food on their menu was 1/2 price. Make sure you place order and get enough to take up to your room for a late night snack!!!

CONS:

The only thing negative was one waitress at the Crossroads Bar & Grill. I sat at the bar and she literally ignored me for several minutes. then she eventually asked if I wanted something so I placed my order. I informed her that I had a 10% off coupon and she looked at me like I was talking a foreign language. she took my coupon but did not apply the discount to my order. The food was good but her customer service and attitude sucked and it reflected in her tip $0.00. Other than that my experience was awesome and I avoided her for the rest of my stay. I have a feeling that she will not be around very long. she definitely did not represent this hotel!!!

Room Tip: I had a room with a kitchen, full size refrigerator and dishwasher!!!