“Best Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
“Best Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place is great! I will be in here for three months due to a military assignment and have been here a month so far. My room is comfortable. I got the one bedroom king suite and it is pretty much a one bedroom apartment. It has a ful size refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, DISHWASHER, and plenty of pots, pans, dishware, and utensils. When I'm not in the mood to cook (which is often), they serve a free buffet style dinner Mon-Thurs and breakfast everyday. Now this buffet is not in any way grand. It only serves one entrée, two sides, and a salad bar. The food is sometimes hit or miss (avoid it when Chinese is on the menu), but when its FREE there is not much room to complain. I have eaten sveral meals that were actually pretty good and definitely can save you some extra cash instead of eating out. My room also came with coupons for two free drinks (wine or beer) at the bar during the dinner hours. Very nice way to unwind in the lobby seating area after a long day.The hotel is in a pretty good location. There is a plaza right across the street (five min walk) with Chipotle, Subway, Panda Express, a sandwich/noodle restaurant similar to Panera, CVS, a grocery store, small café, Chinese food restaurant, Kmart, and a few other random shops. So far I have been able to buy anything I needed in that plaza and have not had to travel anywhere. The fitness room and the pool look pretty nice even though I have not tried them yet. The equipment is modern and in good repair. The hotel has a pretty large, multi level parking garage with easy access to the hotel. The housekeeping staff is awesome. They keep my room very clean. The will pick up behind me (even though I don't leave things out on purpose) and even did my dishes for me when I left and didn't have time! The bed is extra comfy and has soft and firm pillows so you can use whatever you prefer. There is pleanty of storage space in the closet and dressers. This is definitely good if you will have to live here for a while like I am. The internet access is free and it is great. There is a hardwire connection if you do not have a wifi enabled device. The internet is super fast and is able to carry a heavy load. I Skype with my family every night and have had little problems with the bandwith. The only down side to the internet is that it will kick you off every twenty four hours and you have to log back in. That's not too bad, but it is pretty annoying when you are in the middle of something and your 24 hours is up and you get kicked off. There are two TVs, one in each room, and has a pretty good channel listing. I think the only con I can come up with is that the walls are somewhat thin. I had a really noisy neaighbor for a couple of days and I could hear him and his loud friends like they were standing right in my room! This was only a minor issue as this place is usually pretty quiet. Laundry facility is $1 for a wash (pretty small washers, I have to do two separate loads most times) and a dry so make sure you have plenty of money if you need to wash often or find an off site facility. It is only 10 minutes from Ft. Belvoir and about 30 from the Pentagon area. Close enough to get to what you need, but away from the busy traffic areas. This hotel has definitely become my new staple for my long business trips.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sixth floor are quiet. Mostly business people. Not many young people or kids.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Nikki S,

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! I’m thrilled to know you enjoy our fully equipped room, ample breakfast and nice location. We appreciate you choosing us and we are pleased to have you stay with us the next few months. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team as they work hard to make our guests feel at home.

Chris Tyner, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

traveling with toddler, 6 year old, their mother and myself{grandma]. Had a very rough and tiring drive. Hotel was friendly, check-in immediate and brief. Easy to park car,unload and get to BED,,Extremely comfortable beds and very quiet. Everbody slept well. Rooms large enough to have space from one another. Breakfast easy for whole group, Family able to enjoy pool and relax before starting next leg of out trip.

Dear Janet M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our associates make sincere hospitality their priority and we appreciate you recognizing our efficient service, comfortable beds and relaxing atmosphere. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our entire team. We hope to see you on a return visit.

North Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Beautiful, well managed hotel with nice amenities and friendly, helpful staff. Stayed three nights. Would love to stay again. Excellent value for the area. Complimentary dinner and drinks during weeknights was convenient and appreciated. Good buffet breakfast as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Cliffton F,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again.

Chris Tyner
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great place to stay! You get a complimentary breakfast, a hot "dinner" complimentary and two complimentary drinks during reception (5-7) time. Clean rooms. Comfy beds. Nice kitchenette with a dishwasher, fridge, stove top, microwave sink/garbage disposal. Will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our well-appointed rooms and ample breakfast. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when in the Springfield area.

Kind Regards,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel. Service is prompt and courteous, workers respond to problems pronto and fix things quickly. Free breakfast and dinner and two free alcoholic drinks at dinner. If you are coming from the south you have to go around the block to onto Old Keene Mill Road, which is a pain in the neck, but the parking is covered and free.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Homewood suites was a fairly decent accommodation for the price. Coffee in the room was replenished - housekeeping service was good. Room was clean. Would recommend the facility for families with children.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway -
Dear Cheryl E,

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean room and service. I’m glad you found us a good value and I look forward to your return visit.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at this Homewood Suites for almost 3 months with our 2 sons. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean and spacious. The free breakfast and dinner options were great. The amenities - pool and fitness room were well-maintained and nice.

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our amenities. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks.

Chris Tyner, GM

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA? Share your experiences!