“A Huge Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A Huge Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our stay began with a 15 minute wait to be checked in...no one was at the desk and it required a call to find someone. The NO SMOKING room smelled like an ash tray and had none of the dishes we had expected to see. We had to carry up a plastic container of dishes, pot and pans. We made two separate trips to the front desk for a coffee maker which had dried up coffee in the bottom of the pot, and a toaster that overheated and was arcing. The towels could have been used for sandpaper, and after three days we had to request clean towels at the front desk. I was politely told they were in the dryer and they would bring them to our room soon...we never got clean towels! For more than a day one of the rubber mats at the entrance to the lobby was twisted and overturned making it difficult to even open one of the doors. It had to be visible to the staff, but was never fixed. Finally my husband straightened it out. Unfortunately, we had a non-refundable reservation; otherwise we would have been out of there within a day. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Recently booked this hotel through Priceline. The initial assigned room ended up being on the smoking floor. The entire floor and especially the room were disgusting. We called the front desk and were immediately reassigned to a different floor - in a king suite. The room was fresh, bed was comfy and was overall great. The kitchen area was nice and not nearly as dated as other places we stayed. The location is very convenient to metro, mall, restaurants, etc. Recommended

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and fully equipped kitchens. We appreciate you letting us know that about the initial issues during check-in. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a room to your liking and an overall positive stay. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been in this hotel for six months on a job in DC. Julia the manager has been nothing short of amazing at her job and very helpful on my stay here. The whole staff is always friendly with a smile Juliana, Patrick, Madu are all great.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us and that we provided you with great customer service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a reasonably priced extended stay hotel. The rooms are clean and the bed which felt hard was surprisingly comfortable and I slept well on it. There's not a lot of extra amenities in order to keep the price down, but for what you pay, it's well worth it. The manager Julia is always accommodating as is all the staff, very friendly and hospitable. I stayed a two separate times for a month each and I would definitely recommend if you're looking for basic, clean and affordable accomodations. Thank you to all at Extended Stay Springfield!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about your stay. We are glad to know you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as the excellent customer service our staff provided you. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We only stayed here for one night and booked the room on tripadvisor. We booked a queen studio and when we got there, the girl told us there wasn't a queen available so we agreed to go for the king. Then after filling out the paperwork, she told us that the king was not available as well. She then proceeded to check us in to a double, gave us the room key. When we entered our room, it was a complete mess, meaning that housekeeping has not even touched it yet. Blanket was everywhere, dishes were still in the sink. She then gave us a new room after we informed her. Our new room included dirty towels and dirty bed sheet . At that point, we just settled with it because it was already 11 pm and we were just too tired to complain. The end.

Stayed March 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that your room was not ready when you arrived as well as our restroom not being stocked properly. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is communicating with the front desk to let them know which rooms are ready for those to check-in as well as keeping a better inventory of our toiletries. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

The location worked well for me. However, the rooms are stinky, dirty and disgusting. The pillows are old and yellowing. You can actually smell someones odor on the pillows. The room i was given at check did not have a proper functioning door lock. I assumed like many hotels the door would shut closed/locked with out additional help. I was wrong. I had left my room open the whole time thinking it was closed. I had to use the deadbolt at night, even that was done by pushing hard on the door.
The front desk manager did not want to hear anything about the odor in the room, She actually rolled her eyes while i was talking. She also had a smirk on her face. Its seemed she had a chip on her shoulders. She was not at all concerned. She just did not care. Its a SHAME. Anybody worth their salt who is in charge needs to clean house!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear the room provided did not exceed your expectations. I discussed your comments with the staff, and we are going through all linens and pillows as well as the process of cleaning rooms. I also apologize that you did not experience great customer service. I will be meeting with my staff to go over the importance of providing each guest with excellent service. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

I have been here for a month and halve and it has been a pleasant stay from both the front desk personnel. to the manager (Mrs.hanson), they are all very accomodating, proffesional, friendly, and provide top notch service to there clients!! If you are looking for great place to stay while in the area this is the spot to choose!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel as well as our hotel staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to continuing to provide great service to you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!