You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“God awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Dirty, dark, just nasty...go somewhere else! The description said it was newly remodeled, but there was nothing new about this place. The rooms were old, cold, stinky, dark and dreary. There was hair all over the bed, proving that the linens hadn't been changed since the last visitor.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Michelle - Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is unacceptable. Please accept our apologies. We will retrain our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at dcs@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chester,va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Springfield Extended Stay is a blessing for the people that have to work away from home for days, weeks or months. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, clean and well kept. Unlike some large chain hotels the maintainence is kept up, doors close,carpets are in good shape and clean,toilets and bath plumbing is reliable. One of the most valuable advantages is the kitchen, a major expense for travelers is dining out, even fast food is expensive in comparison. Full size refrigerator, two burner electric cook top, and microwave. Inquire for other accouterments.Plenty of outlets for your electric needs and free wifi-for a minor charge one can upgrade to higher speed. The staff have been helpful and friendly, from efficent check-in process to directions to stores for purchases and entertainment. Cassandra is a most personable and lends a caring attitude in the handling of guests. Working the evening shift she was able to placate the group of sevenI arrived with,with ease. Thanks to all who make our stays more paletable.

Room Tip: They are all good, but a corner room has two windows with different views, .
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our great staff. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we met that goal during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay started off a little rocky, but Julia from the front desk responded to my complaints and went over and beyond to provide me with excellent service. My nightly rate given was incredible. The hotel is located in a great area. The rooms are clean and cozy. Thanks again Julia. I nominate you for Manager!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Cassandra at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately she seems to be the only employee who is happy. The housekeeper aggressively knocked on the door at several different times. She once knocked at 7 am yelling check out or stay over! She was extremely rude. The bathroom fan motor was obnoxiously loud and the towels were worn and old.

• Stayed December 2014
fairfax, virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My experience was very good from the moment that I walked in the front door. Cassandra at the front desk greeted me with a smie and warm welcome. My check-in was done in short order. As I wake up early before snack items are set out, I also got a coffee maker,cup and some coffee. She was very professional and a great representative for Extended Stay. Even though I book on Priceline for a reduced rate, the service received was still the same as for one paying full rate.

The room was clean with comfortable bed, nice wi-fi, and a very comfortable recliner. After a nice shower, it was time to catch up some online and then sleep. I wake up before the items are set out each morning but then grab a muffin, a piece of fruit and granola bar.There are plenty of food places very near to get a full meal--day or night. Yet another wonderful stay at an Extended Stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been stay at Springfield Extended Stay America from 21 Oct to 12 Dec 2014 as my temporary lodging. It was pleasant time with the clean and comfortable room, free breakfast and kind staff during the period. Ms. Cassandra's quick and effective management was a remarkable. I truly appreciate for her dedicated service with smile, always. David Lee

• Stayed November 2014
Shenandoah Junction, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

me and three of my family member where staying the night and in the morning i go down to get everyone coffee and breakfast mind you before i have had a chance to get my coffee the lady is standing behind the counter and starts yelling at me that i can only have one breakfast item i had told the lady that i was getting breakfast for my family of four she began screaming at me that she didnt care that ifr they wanted something that they can stop being lazy slobs and come down and get it themselves mind you it did really upset me and i grabbed stuff for my family anyway but i couldnt believe the disrespect coming from a lady that was supposed to keep the items stocked for guests and working in a job where hospitality is everything

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the poor service you received from our staff. I discussed your comments with her, and we are taking disciplinary action, so that this does not happen again. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcs@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!