“Good Room & A Great Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Metropolitan Center Dr, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Room & A Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was clean and had a new carpet, new mattress, and new neater/air-conditioner. The bed was very comfortable. The Internet was pretty good. The room had an older, but very clean kitchen sink, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel is located on a quiet street, just off the Interstate beltway (I-395, I-495, & I-95). Plenty of parking with some spaces under cover (building overhand), which is unique. The Grab and Go breakfast is barely a breakfast, but better than nothing. This is an extended stay hotel, so you don't get daily room service. Exchange your towels at the front desk, if you need to. There are plenty of fast food and other good restaurants in the area. Walking distance to the Springfield metro. This hotel is on the same street as the metro station, foot traffic can get through to the metro.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. There was a man using profanity loudly in the lobby area. The lobby had a bad order and there was a coating of dust on the furniture. The elevator also smelled and the room was hot musty and had dust on the mirror. The towels in the bathroom were stained and our dog found a broken ink pen and other debris on the stained and smelly carpet. I did not feel comfortatble staying here and checked out after only 1 hr. The desk clerk did not even care to ask why were leaving. After she called management we were told that we would have to pay the full night of $144 for staying in this dump for less than an hour. I was very disappointed with the condition of the hotel, the staff and the service we received for the price. Dont stay here!!! You can find much better accomodations for the same price we did.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrible don't stay there. It is not a family enviroment. I did not feel safe.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The ONLY good quality about this hotel is the staff.

I don't even know where to start with this review. My room smelled of old dill pickles or something, I opened the one window with a screen to air it out and the guests were smoking marijuana in the parking lot.

I checked the bedding and the sheets were old and stained, the bed did not have any type of mattress pad and it had stains; so I went to Target and bought sheets, laundry detergent and cleaning supplies. I washed all the bedding as it smelled of body odor, good thing there was a laundry room at the hotel. The bed was not a queen it was a double, I have the new sheets to prove it.

The pipes in the bath/shower rattled so loud even if you wanted to take a relaxing shower it was so loud you couldn't. The towels reminded me of the towels my high school supplied for gym use, rough!!

The "breakfast" was packaged muffins, granola bars, apple, oranges and coffee...I passed.

You have to request any type of dishes etc from the front desk and I am fine with that, but they don't have a tea kettle so I boiled water in a sauce pan to make my own coffee. You can request a coffee maker but with the lack of cleanliness I didn't want to think about what it might have growing in it.

As for the clientele of the hotel, again yikes. I don't mind road or construction crews, it was the other types that stayed. I heard a drug deal going on right outside my door at 4am, kind of scary; ok ALOT of scary. A young boy was wandering the hall at 10pm that i chatted with while I was doing laundry, he was 7 and his mom and dad were fighting so he decided to take a walk....

I have traveled and stayed all over the world, Bangladesh, Europe, Australian Outback and never have I felt so unsafe. Should I have left and sucked up the money and got another room, probably, but I had prepaid over $500 for the week and couldn't justify the additional cost.

To add, I am STILL waiting for my receipt from check out and that was over 5 days ago; "the computers were down" at check out. I have called twice...

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay with us. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience isn't repeated. As well, I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Came out at 7am and all there was for breakfast was instant oatmeal and hot water. The coffee dispensers were empty. Staff eventually brought out fruit and muffins but coffee had not been refilled by the time I had to leave.

Room is ok.
Not convenient to metro. Is near the metro but not a safe or reasonable walking distance and there is not a shuttle - just FYI.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Courtney - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that the breakfast items were not stocked properly. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are reviewing your comments with our front desk staff to ensure we have enough items for each morning.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at DCS@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

After I put my things away I plug my charger in behind the nightstand. There were toenails and a candy wrapper there. The desk said someone would clean it up. The next day it was still there. I told the desk,It still was naot done. That night I again told the desk and she went and cleaned it up. On Tuesday morning at 720 I went to get the graba go breakfeast, nothing there, 2 coffie containers empty and only a couple old apples laying there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
James - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the cleanliness of your room was not up to standards and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not stocked properly one morning. We are reviewing your comments with our housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at DCS@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

We checked in around 6:00 p.m. with confirmed reservations. Our room was on the 5th floor. When we entered the room, we almost fainted from the heat!! It was 90 degrees!! Turned on the air conditioner, but it took nearly 4 hours for the room to cool down enough so we could think about going to sleep. The kitchens have NO stocked items...plate, cups, glasses, pans, utensils, etc. You have to request them...We made the request and was told the items would be delivered within 30 mins. We got them nearly 2 hours later! We will NEVER stay at this particular Extended Stay America and will give 2nd thoughts to any of the other properties in the future. Was a VERY unpleasant experience! SUGGESTION: The management should TURN ON ROOM AIR CONDITIONER for CONFIRMED ROOM RESERVATIONS!! Especially, during the hot summer season. Nothing is worst than traveling all day and walking into a HOT, HOT hotel room that takes HOURS to cool down!! Makes for a miserable evening!

Room Tip: Find another hotel...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that your room was not cool upon your arrival and that your customizable kitchen pack was not delivered in a timely manner. We will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms are cooled properly prior to our guest's arrival. We will also review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure we are delivering items to our guests immediately.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Galax, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This motel is a disgrace. The property was dirty. There were no, no dishes, glasses, etc in the cabinets - just empty space. Room was not serviced at all. Asked about an ice machine and was told to use the ice trays and freeze our own, like it would instantly freeze water!

Staff was uncaring and hateful. Acted like you were interrupting them. That is at least when they were there. Usually a sign present that they had stepped out.

On our second night we woke to noise in the hallway, followed by five (5) police cars pulling in and arresting at least one person. I am a police officer and understand that things happen at all motels, but this fit the appearance of this motel!

I wish I had checked these reviews prior to staying here! I won't let it happen again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
James - Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are very disappointed to hear about the level of service you received and that you were not informed of our customizable kitchen packs. In an effort to provide our guests with the cleanest kitchenware possible, we store our items in a sterile environment and deliver the kitchenware to our guest's room upon request. We will work with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in. We will also review our service guidelines with our staff to ensure we are always providing our guests with the quality service that they deserve.

Thank you again for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!