“Do. Not. Stay. Here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Suffolk, Virginia
“Do. Not. Stay. Here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed in this hotel for seven weeks while we were in the process of moving and it was FILTHY! We cleaned the counter surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom five times before the cleaning cloth did not look brown with dirt. Everything was covered with cooking grease. The shower curtain was mildewed and the carpet looked like it had never been vacuumed. We spent over an hour cleaning the refrigerator and then by the end of the day it was leaking. After complaining for two days, the manager switched it with a frig from another room, which we then had to clean all over again. We did not use any of their bedding, kitchen supplies, and even bought our own shower curtain. We cleaned the room ourselves during our seven-week stay because we had no confidence in the housekeeping staff. At one point, the entire hotel was without hot water for three days and no one seemed to care. The breakfast is coffee, which they are often out of, pre-packaged muffins, cereal bars, instant oatmeal, and questionable apples and oranges. We learned too late that the Towne Place Suites nearby is much nicer and has a full cooked breakfast for the same price as the Extended Stay. I cannot stress strongly enough that no one should stay at this hotel. The most puzzling part of the experience is that the hotel had a sign that they received a four-star rating from Trip Advisor - if that is true, we definitely will not be using Trip Advisor to plan any future vacations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manassas, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Uggghh where to begin. The staff is rude for started and they won't help you with anything. It took multiple attempts to get dishes or toilet paper. Then they act like you never asked them for it before. The elevator weren't working part of the time, and they are filthy. The floors and sides are sticky and there was broken glass and spit in them. The phones also didn't work half the time, but no worries, if they need you they will POUND on your door. They are very money hungry and will treat you terribly if you book on priceline or a similar site. The hotel is in bad shape and has a terrible odor. The rooms aren't clean and you won't want to eat in the kitchen, believe me. Even the construction workers that have been staying her 2 months said this is how it always is. No one will clean their room and its hard to get supplies. Book elsewhere, anywhere but here. Heck the motel 6 is cleaner....

Room Tip: If you must stay here.. which I highly recommend you don't if you don't want to risk catchin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Been staying here for going on three month. Typical no cleaning of the room, throw the towels in the rack, want paper products get them yourself. Manager never returns calls or emails. My room has not been serviced for eleven days, even after complaints about it. Checked the housekeep list at the front desk and whoa I'm on it but not done! In today's. Market they even offer smoking rooms that filter into my non smoking room. And two weeks ago a car caught fire and it took four days to tow it away. And the broken glass is still in the ground. Sounds like management needs a change. One last thing. Bring your own dish towel to was your dishes. Seems corporate feels we just need to dry our dishes not wash them. New policy? I am going to tell our company to find a new place for us to stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Arrived after 1800 and room was not ready. Staff was ignorant to the issues that caused and sent us (family with small kids) on a chase for a room. Breakfast in the morning was anything but. There were pots of coffee but nothing else. We asked and were told twice that they were waiting for someone to bring it from upstairs (once at 0730 in the morning and again at 0930 the next morning). I'm told we didn't miss much, just wrapped muffins and granola bars at most. First time staying at an extended stay hotel, wasn't sure what to expet, now that I know, I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte, MG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Paid the same I had paid the week before in a hotel of a larger chain for this terrible place. Far from everything, hard to get by if you do not have a car, old linen with holes in it, smelly rooms. Fully equipped kitchen? There was only one spoon in mine! Never again!

• Stayed May 2014
Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

One would think a major hotel chain could afford shampoo. There was none left in the room and when I inquired with the front desk, I was informed that the hotel was out. I don't know how long, it's been out. The free grab and go breakfast left a lot to be desired. Hotel hotel chains within the same price range provide better amenities and hot breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

*hey I just thought I would write a review on the very good service I got from moment I walked thrue the door bright smile from employe named sam great service he was very patient and courteous not rushing me no attitude like i saw in other hotels just a nice person to meet and management just the same good energy team so for me thats nice running into everyday people with good attitude and understands traveling can be a hassle and being felt welcome after a long day .k Ps good place to stay for travel)

Room Tip: Extended stay sprinfield virgina a ok,!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dominique - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with our great staff, especially Sam. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to our entire team. We strive to provide our guests with all the comforts of home, so I am glad that we succeeded in doing so. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. It would be our pleasure to have you repeat your experience with us in the near future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!