“Hotels in 3rd world countries are better” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Metropolitan Center Dr, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Lorton, Virginia
“Hotels in 3rd world countries are better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I'm really stumped by all of the positive reviews for this hotel. It's one of the worst places I've ever stayed. I've had better lodging and service in 3rd world countries. I'm not kidding. It took more than 30 minutes to check in on a Saturday night with one very slow person at the front desk. This place was not clean. I noticed something smeared all over the elevator doors. There was a man in the elevator drinking alcohol out of a bottle in a paper bag. The hallway smelled bad and lacked ventilation. Luckily the room at least smelled fresh. The windows were open. One of the screens was torn. Light bulbs in three lamps were burned out. The linens were very worn. The bathroom floor was dirty. I was glad I was only staying one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very comfortable hotel. I felt like I was at home. Mike, Ms. Hanson, and Komal were all very friendly and personable. There's plenty of dining nearby as well as a mall if you need to do any shopping. I will book this hotel again when in the Springfield, Va area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided, especially Mike, Ms. Hanson and Komal. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great place to stay would definitely stay here again my net trip from California, the staff are also nice also the manager Victor but the thing is that you have to clean your own room the next day and at 11pm the front lobby close and front door are lock.....

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our friendly staff, especially Victor. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

Again, thanks for the comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We choose to stay at Extended Stay America when staying in the Springfield area. Our visits are Monday thru Friday every 3 months.

Manager Victor Appiah always takes care of our accommodations with a smile on his face and excellent customer service. This is why we continue to visit this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They are HUGE.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The staff and I read your comments and are extremely flattered by your kind words. We have always enjoyed having you visit our hotel and will continue to look forward to them!
Lorton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The property is OK. However, Lydia and Victor are THEE best! Very professional and well manored. Although, I have had many issues there those two kept it very professional. I would recommend this hotel as a one nighter, but no more than that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to meet your needs in a professional manner. Still, I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We continuously strive to improve our hotel, and your feedback will be very useful in doing so. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I extend my thanks to Lydia (forgive if I spelled incorrect :), Julia, Abdul and Victor. They are very helpful and made my stay good. Lydia and Julia also has good sense of humor :) A good laugh goes long way in this stressful world. Special thanks to them. All of them are very professional and handle things very efficiently since I can understand how stressful it can get some times. House cleaning also good.
Hotel room is clean and very quiet. If you are someone who want a very quiet ambiance this is your place. I heard you can walk to the metro but I never did. It can be a long walk in cold weather or snow I guess.
Though many restaurants, shopping, grocery etc., within few mile radius you need a car to get around.
Cheers and keep up the good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is great to hear that our staff was able to provide you with exceptional service during your stay with us. Your comment regarding Julia, Lidiya and Abdul is especially appreciated. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal. As well, I am glad that your clean, quiet room met your expectations.

We really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our locations, in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

An extremely quality home away from home for any business & getaway stay. Julia provided professional, friendly, and incredible service in going above and beyond to accomodate my stay. She was so warm to all the guests and appeared to be able to multi-task incredibly well while maintaining quality superb service. My room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable with an exceptional view.

I recommend this affordable customer - savvy hotel to anyone visiting the DC area, and if you visit be sure to ask for Julia!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!