“Super front desk folks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Metropolitan Center Dr, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, Virginia
“Super front desk folks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 months (transitioning from one job to another). Great, convenient location -- it's only a 1/2 mile walk (about 7 mins) to the Metro (Blue line) -- and that means you don't have to pay for Metro parking either! The entire floor (I stayed on the 2nd floor) is non-smoking and dog-friendly. My vehicle was safe and there's even a small parking structure for additional protection from the weather. I applaud the front desk crew as they are very helpful and friendly. Quiet nights and early mornings. The grab n' go breakfast is a plus. The ESA corporate office provided me great rates owing to my 3-month stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. The front desk staff were delighted to know that you applauded them. Our grab-and-go breakfast is truly convenient, time and money saving moment for all our guests.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a very nice stay at this hotel and I'm planning to come back when I'm not working. The hotel is neat and near the highway, the breakfast was good and the front desk people are the best ever, and I mean that because I travel a lot and you don't find that in a lot of hotels. Thank you hotel manager Mr Appiah and my morning people Ms Lidiya and Ms Gloria.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Gloria - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel, especially the staff. I will be sure to share your thoughts on our hotel's location and the staff's service with the entire team, especially Lidiya and Gloria.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying in an extended stay hotel and I had a very wonderful stay. There was this particular lady at the front desk called Gloria who always had the warmest smile, she was very polite and respectful. I had not heard anyone call me sir in a long time and it was very refreshing to here that. I hope she is there the next time I'm in Springfield. Oh and the hotel manager Victor was also awesome. Thanks guys.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that Gloria and the entire front office staff were very helpful and friendly. Also, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel.

Thanks for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our brand locations in the future.
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Of the 1/2 dozen empoyees that we met, one maybe had a clue what "customer service" is. The rest were CLUE-LESS!!!... There was a spill; some sticky substance; a spill of orange juice or something on the floor of the elevator for over 12 hours. With a LITTLE effort they could make this a much better stay but they won't spend the time or the effort to improve the experience. Can't even bend over with a wet towel to clean a spill in a common area. The offer of "breakfast" is an absolute joke. There was NOTHING offered for kids. Kids do not like instant oatmeal and coffee! I never write reviews and am a very easy going person that understands "life" has it's challenges. But, this one was too much to ignore. "Extended Stay" has lost my money, no matter where I go. They would have to pay me to stay at this hotel at this location. I take that back because, "what won't happen"

Room Tip: Research Embassy Suites. I wish I had. Same price. And, I have nothing to gain from anyone for that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Thank Abdul, and Victor, the whole staff, lilya, free, Priscilla! The hotel has great safe parking, very clean, pet friendly and smoking rooms available! It is great, such a safe place to reside in! Laundry room, and a variety of goodies in the vending machine! The elevator is quick and well attended!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you found your room to be clean and that you felt safe as well as comfortable while staying at our hotel. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Abdul, Victor, Lilya, and Priscilla.

We truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

i would stay here over and over again. convenient to shops and restaurants as well as metro. staff very helpful. makes me feel like home away from home. pool is nice too. i can do my work and still relax.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

We appreciate your kind comments about our proximity to several nice restaurants and a metro station. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Somerset, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So we were moving our whole family from North Carolina to Massachusetts when one of the three vehicles in our caravan broke down at 10:00 p.m. on the Interstate in Springfield, VA. We pulled off the nearest exit and were blessed to find the Extended Stay there within a mile of the exit. By the time we went to check in it was after midnight and we were really tired.

I asked the friendly face at the front desk "do you have a room that can sleep all of us?" And she said, "oh, you need the suite." And what a great suite. It was absolutely huge. And for a really great rate. Our new friend got us all the pillows and blankets we needed. She went above and beyond. Really helpful.

The next morning as we were looking for a U-Haul rental, another new friend at the front desk allowed us to stay a few extra hours past checkout.

Sometimes when things go wrong, it's incredibly refreshing to meet people who understand customer service. Thumbs up. Praise Jesus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for going above and beyond to make your short stay enjoyable. We are excited to read from your comments that the friendly face at the desk, our fresh hotel room and our great customer service made a huge impression.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Remember that we are always your home away from home.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield? Share your experiences!