“Total Sanity” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Ligonier PA
“Total Sanity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

OK, the halls don't have art work or perfume and the towels are flannel, but this brand is a great place for families of three or more. Parents get their own room--not a "privacy wall," but a room with a big, solid locking door. The living area is quite spacious and can handle sleeping bags for kids in case the sofa bed is not enough. The kitchen is tiny, but it is full. Bathroom is functional. Breakfast is a bit sparse, but everything is clean and the front desk is very helpful and pleasant. There is a sprawling shopping complex that begins across Brandon Avenue with some good dining options (I would recommend Malek's Pizza for families). I feared the mixer of interstates--95, 395, and 495 all merge next to the hotel, but I was on 495 North easily in two minutes. Room before tax was $150, not bad for a true suite with full kitchen.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior, by the pool and away from Brandon Avenue, are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shanda J, Team Member at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose our hotel. We will use this feedback to make the necessary changes to make the hotel a better experience for you, and future guests to the hotel.. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

TownePlace Suite Springfield - Providing service for real living.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

my stay at the TownPlace Suites in Springfield Va, was awsome! the lady at the front desk her name was jennifer. she the one that made my stay here a whole lot better! she made me feel like i was at home. i'll bee bck

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Mumbai Indian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We, a family of three stayed here for three nights. Very nice location... Easy to go to the shopping area and also very close to the Springfield Franconia Metro.
The hello from the door mat, erection, key cards seems to be genuine.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The break fast spread is quite adequate. Even though we don't use kitchen, it seems to be adequately stuffed. Happy experience

Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Upon our arrival we were met by Harold, a very friendly and knowledgeable front desk man. He started our stay off great. The two bedroom suite we stayed in was nice for our family of four. We we able to easily access DC and the metro station is close by if needed. My kids enjoyed the pool though the hours were difficult for us to take full advantage since we were touring all day. The breakfast did not offer as many options as other hotels I have stayed at but it was ok. My family and I would stay here again.

Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here with a lot of family for my grandson's HS graduation. For an extended stay motel, this was in pretty good shape. Front desk staff was very helpful and answered any questions we had. Rooms were in very good shape in general. In our room, the refrigerator door did not close tightly but that was minor. Only issue for us was how late it took to get the rooms refreshed...usually after 4:00pm! Hard to give an above average rating, but for an extended stay venue, it was really pretty good. I have stayed in a lot of extended stay venues and this was actually one of the better ones. Breakfast was also pretty decent for this type of accommodation.

Room Tip: No really bad rooms as you are off of the freeway. I like the upper floor so you do not get the noi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shanda J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello Daniel S
Congratulations to you and your grandson! We are truly happy that you have chosen our hotel to be a part of such a special time for you and your family.
I am delighted you found our hotel clean, comfortable, and our hotel staff to be helpful. I am even happier reading that our hotel met your expectations. I am sorry about the issues you had with your refrigerator. We have found that some of our crispers were left askew after being cleaned which prevents the doors from closing properly. I apologize that you did not receive your refresh as early as you would have liked. Guest satisfaction is important to us, so rest assure that we take your comments very seriously. Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Central Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is beautiful with a friendly and knowledgable staff. Beautiful rooms and property.

However, we had driven 14 hours and were so excited to arrive to sleep. I booked online and made notes of specific requirements. I then called the reservations number (not local, was unaware) to verify that we would have extra bedding, towels, and pillows in our room for our children. She verified that the notes were there. I called the actual hotel number to double check. She too verified we would have our requests waiting in the room. We arrived around 11:30pm exhausted. Not only was I not greeted or treated as a rewards member, but our extra requests were not in our room. I called the front desk where she asked if I could please hold before I even could ask. I waited for five minutes on hold before giving up in my fatigue. The kids shared a small blanket found in the closet with our pillows while my husband and I used the hard decor sofa pillows.
It was so disappointing and has created our continuing 8 hour drive less prepped. I work management for this company down south and take pride in knowing that each of our guests needs are met promptly and accurately. Please pay attention to notes, it might just make the next guests stay/trip a little more easy.

• Stayed June 2014
San
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Staff is nice and helpful. Other than that, not a nice place. Little investment in rooms, furniture and appliances are old and beat-up. Don't bother with breakfast. Graffiti in the parking lot tells some of the story when you drive in. It's quiet and linens were clean. They have a good location here, so was looking forward to the marriott typical experience but disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
Shanda J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel - feedback from our guests both good and bad is always welcomed as it only helps us to improve our operations. I would like to inquire further as to your concerns during your stay so that we may fine tune our operations. I do want to be very transparent in saying that the claims in your review regarding the graffiti are misleading. Our hotel is located right off of the interstate ramp. There is a minimal amount of graffiti on the ramp which is city property not our parking lot. Our hotel sits back in a lovely housing development in Springfield VA. Our hotel share a parking lot with a large corporate office building that includes government and private corporate offices.

We understand that the TownePlace Suites as a brand is not for everyone; our amenities are adequate to our targeted TPS guest, or what we like to call “Just What You Need”. Our breakfast or Morning Break consist of an array of Bagels, Muffins and Danishes cereals both hot and cold. We also offer Boiled eggs and Belgium waffles. By offering “Just What You Need” allows us to be more competitive with our rates.
Again your feedback is very important to us and we would like to get some clarity regarding your comments. You can contact me at your leisure at 703-569-8060. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Shanda J.

Been to TownePlace Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!