“Townplace Suites Springfield” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Davenport, Iowa
“Townplace Suites Springfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here with my dog and cat when I had to travel for business. It was a great hotel and very convenient to Ft. Belvoir. It was a last minute trip and they were very accommodating. It was very clean - especially as it was a pet friendly hotel. There are a lot of great restaurants close by as I have had a lot of business in the area and on this trip had my pets with me. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for work. Rooms are nice and accommodating. Have full kitchens with stoves and dishwashers. Double rooms are separate bedrooms. Parking is ample and free. Guest services are excellent. Very helpful. Complementary breakfast is simple and not great. No real hot food other than toast and waffles. Bedding needs thicker comforters in winter/early spring months. Guest laundry on site. 24/hr simple workout center. Interstate could be a little loud. Although I did sleep during the day. More traffic. Overall good place to stay. Would recommended here

• Stayed March 2013
Mashpee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Right off I-95, we had a one bedroom, one bathroom suite. It was clean, quiet, and spacious with two flat screen TV’s and a full kitchen. The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure was good. The area surrounding the hotel felt safe and had many restaurants and stores nearby.

Usually TownePlace Suites only has the Grab-and-Go breakfast but this hotel had the complimentary full continental breakfast. The breakfast room was large with the usual options including two waffle makers. The staff was friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was good, no complaints with hotel other than I wish they had an option for a king bed but I knew they did not when I booked the room. The kitchenette had what you needed and was clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I have never been to the Springfield area before so I did not know what to expect, I hoped for more choices for healthy eating or nicer restaurants but there are the usually fast food places and a grocery store close by if you want to walk to somewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
Space Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay here. I was a little nervous as I have never stayed at a townplace suites but was.pleasantly surprised. I had a two bedroom suite and had everything I needed. Full kitchen, hot breakfast, Paul Mitchell shampoo and.conditioner was a nice touch. Plenty of TVs and close to a ton of restaurants and shops. It was great. A special thanks to the staff for being over the top and just a joy to speak to.

• Stayed January 2013
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

It's right off I-95 and only minutes from DC, so you can't really beat the location. It is a bit tricky to find it once you get off the interstate though. Ample parking, and lots of restaurants and shops are near. I have to say, the front desk staff was the FRIENDLIEST staff I've EVER encountered. They were energetic, polite and knowledgeable. Great breakfast in the morning and an abundance of stuff in their "market", although it's a bit pricy ($2 for a bottle of soda). Rooms are spacious as all of them are suites. I had a studio suite which was great. It had a pull out sofa, flat screen TV and kitchenette. Nice toiletries, cooking utensils, nice desk, 24 hour business station and workout room. All this for under $85.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here over the last weekend in June for the Canada Day weekend. This was our second visit with the Towneplace Suites Springfield.

The visit got off to a great start where we were warmly greeted by the front desk.

Off to the room, we were happy to see that our request for the extra rollaway bed was met. Our girls have grown so much since the last visit and the sofabed is on the small side, I would say its a small double/full sized bed.

Since we didn't get to grill last time due to the propane shortage, we checked this time to make sure the tank was full before purchasing our food for the much anticipated grill fest. Unfortunately that was not to be, due to the power going out (this hotel does not have a generator) from Friday-Saturday our food was spoiled before we got the chance to grill it :(

The girls and I took the storm in stride, the hotel breakfast on Saturday morning was basically non-existent, however the ice-cream offered by the hotel more than made up for the lack of breakfast, for the girls anyway :)

There was also a heat wave this weekend, so the pool, although on the smallish side provided a welcome cool respite and the girls made new friends and shared their pool toys with all. The hotel also had water noodles for use.

The hotel was very responsive to our concerns and addressed our issues within a timely fashion. I was very satisfied and impressed with how staff handled themselves during this time.

My only continuing gripe with this hotel is the lack of shuttle service, all of the other neighboring hotels provide this service to the Springfield metro, not sure why this Towneplace Suites doesn't. If you will be relying on the DC metro to get around this may not be the place for you or be prepared to factor in the taxi fare. There is a bus stop outside of the hotel to the metro however if you're a group of four or more it works out to the same price in cab fare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!