“Nice place to stay while visiting DC” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6245 Brandon Avenue, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Oklahoma City
“Nice place to stay while visiting DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were clean and nicely equipped. The breakfast was ok. We stayed 5 nights and it would have been nice to have some meat as an option. We were in town to sight see and it was reasonably priced and a short drive to the metro station. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
northern va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here during an extended power outage in our area. We booked a studio w/a queen bed and pull out sofa for a great rate of $119. It was a little cramped, but worked for us with 2 children. They have 1 and 2 bedroom suites as well. The property was very clean and modern. The rooms were nice - full sized kitchen and they even have a grill out by the pool that you can use. The pool was small but ok and is outdoors. They have a small exercise room. The breakfast was adequate and met our needs. When you have children, having breakfast included is definitely a plus. This is also a pet friendly property.

The front desk clerks and manager were very friendly especially during the trying time of a mass power outage in the surrounding area. This property lives up the Marriott name and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Has full kitchens so you can bring your own food.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Should you come back to the Washington, DC area again I hope that you won't forget about us!

Vanesa Stafford
District Hieghts Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of May 26, 2012 Everything as nice the front desk staff was friendly and helpful especially Geanis..her smile and professionalism made me feel so welcome to stay here.
I came about this hotel because the Courtyard Marriott was booked for the weekend and I was referred by them.... GREAT REFERAL... I am in Springfield often and every time I go down there I have a new place to stay!!

Great Job!!!!!!!
Thank you for all you did!!!!
JoAnne D. Tillery & Ollie W. Bennett Jr.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment and share the experience you had at our property. I am glad to hear that it was a pleasant one. We take pride in our service here at the TownePlace Suites Springfield, and I am also happy to hear our staff made you feel like at home. I will ensure Geanis receives your compliment.

Vanesa Stafford
Milton, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Great place in a good location with a very accommodating staff. We have stayed here a number of times and it's always consistent.

• Stayed May 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here over four nights due to the close proximity to my fiance's graduation ceremony last summer.

We booked the one bedroom suite and had our girls sleep on the pull-out couch in the living room. We made good use of the pool (a little on the small side) and the girls were pretty good about sharing their water toys with the other kids in the pool. Unfortunately, the BBQ was out of gas--which we did not discover until we had lugged all the food for the feast downstairs so we did not get a chance to BBQ on this visit.

This hotel is not too far from the Springfield metro, however there is no shuttle service provided by the hotel which would be an excellent comp service that this hotel should provide. As the bus service is unreliable in the area we spent quite a bit on taking a taxi to and from the metro and to the grocery store during our stay.

About the room--there was enough room for two adults and three small girls all under age 8, the room had a full sized fridge and small stove plus dishwasher. Bathroom was spacious and clean, Overall the room was very clean and furnished in style of the TownePlace Suites brand. The breakfast buffet was adequate.

There was a sale the weekend that we booked on marriott.com so we got good value for what we paid. However, due to the lack of shuttle service, I would probably not stay here on a regularly priced tag.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here with our grandson April 12th - 13th. The trip was a surprise "Spring Break" getaway. As a Marriott Rewards member, I used my points and was expecting to get exactly what I asked for, a room for my husband and I with a sleep-sofa for the grandson. We were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite. My grandson was signficantly impressed (and so were we)!

The facility was very clean and the continental breakfast was perfect for our needs. Great site for launching a trip to the National Zoo and a quick jaunt to Six Flags in Maryland.

Yet another reason for being a loyal Marriott customer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I visited the DC area recently and spent 6 of our 8 nights at this hotel. It was just okay. The staff could have been friendlier (with the exception of the desk clerk the day I checked out..of course), the breakfast could have been better (there were mostly breads, cereals and some yogurts..apples for the fresh fruit choice), and the maid service could have been better (one day there was NO cleaning at all, and we were usually gone just after breakfast for MOST of the day- sight-seeing); the room was plenty big enough for the two of us (a queen bed with a nice little sitting area..the ONE thing I thought was very strange, there was only ONE mirror. It was above the very small bathroom counter. NO mirrors anywhere else in the suite..I ended up buying a small mirror to use at the desk in the morning for make-up so that my husband and I could get ready at the same time..and there was no full-length mirror...I don't think I've ever been to a Marriott property that didn't have multiple mirrors in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!