“Visiting relatives in the area and Arlington National Cemetery” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6868 Springfield Boulevard, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Wardensville, WV
“Visiting relatives in the area and Arlington National Cemetery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Advantages:
1. Near the Metro, only about two blocks away.
2. Wooden floors in the room were clean and a nice touch.
3. Large, roomy bath-tub.
4. Good television cable/reception.
5. Polite front desk staff.
6. Room doors are indoors and secure.

Disadvantages.
1. The price. $85.00 for two people for a Motel 6? Really?
2. Hard to locate off I-95 with road construction going on, no signs to direct you to the motel.
3. Small towels and only soap for bathroom amenities.
5. Thin mattress on bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mary G, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Thank you for your comments about our newly renovated rooms. Our renovations were just completed only a few months ago and wow what a difference. I am glad you were able to take the metro ride into DC.
Thank you and I hope you will be returning to our area soon.
Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Franklin, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

During the presidential week back in November 2013 I believe, my dad reserved a room for the family. We traveled from Franklin, NC to Springfield, VA we're talking about a 8.5 to 9.5 hours of travelling. We arrived at around 2 in the morning with our family (2 children), my mom and husband. There was blistering cold temperature of 10 degrees farenheit. We were tired, and cold.
Once I got to the rep at the front desk I gave him my dad's name. He was rude, didn't say hi, was a real cad! I said how much is the total. He said, "first of all there is no reservation. Second of all, the rates are high because of the presidential election." I told him it's supposed to be $60 dollars a night. He scoffed in stupid manner, "Not this week!"
Considering business, if you see a family coming in with a stroller, two children in the winter cold, you have better be welcoming and kind not a complete idiot.
Thank God my dad came in time before I paid the jerk $220 dollars he wanted to charge me. I was ready to tell him off but my dad got the cheap rate so I let it drop, but I just hope this catches the attention of management and they either get rid of the dude and hire someone who really wants to get more clientele as opposed to scare clients away with a bad attitude.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I needed a cheap motel to be an overnight stop on the way from Richmond to DC, somewhere close enough I could hop on the interstate in the morning and get into the city in time for an 8:30 am appointment. Probably should have just gotten up at 5 am and driven. I paid $63 for a king room.

I also had a dog, which made the hotel search more challenging. I didn't really want to pay $100 extra for 12 hours at a motel because of the dog, so I wavered between the red roof and motel 6. I chose the motel 6 because it was $15 cheaper, and for the amount of time I was staying, it seemed worth it to save the extra.

The rooms at this Motel 6 are "new" - so new in fact it appears they are still renovating the first floor. It was clean and Ikea-ish enough, but the bed was too hard for me. The biggest problem though was really the noise. It's literally on I-95. I knew this from the reviews, and should have been prepared, but it really is loud. I barely slept. I didn't hear any other noise from other rooms, but between the hard mattress and the freeway noise, it was not a great stay for me.

I'm not rating them two stars because of anything the staff did - they were nice and helpful. And I'm not rating them two stars because the rooms are awful. They aren't. I'm rating them two stars because the one thing you really want to do in a motel, especially a cheap one, is sleep - and that was impossible.

On the plus side - rooms are clean, free parking, dogs are free, easy access to the interstate (ha!), the area has several fast food (chick-fil-a, subway, five guys) restaurants and a couple 7-11s within walking distance. There is not really anywhere to take your dog to the bathroom though, just a small strip of grass in front of other people's motel windows.

If you do decide to stay here because you need a cheap room, I'd make sure to ask for a room that doesn't face the interstate. I'm not sure if it's significantly quieter, but it can't be as bad.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
Bealeton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is my first stay at this Motel 6, needed a place to crash as I work nearby but I was kinda tired and it's a long drive home....so. here I am.

1. Room - standard no frills room - two double beds both comfortable.
2. A/C / heat works great and is quiet
3. TV is nice has a a few channels but could use more but for a night or two it's OK. TV has inputs up front you could connect a laptop / DVD player.
4. Room has a nice mirror / small cubbie hole 2 shelves to put clothes and a chair near a small computer desk near mirror.
5. Hardwood floor or laminate looks clean
6. bathroom with bathtub/shower - very clean
7. Hallways look clean & well kept as do elevators

Lobby area and parking lot are no frills but this is a nice place with easy access on/off Interstates and local roadways. Plenty of good places to eat within 15 minutes or less with Outback & Five Guys burgers within walking distance.

If they would put a microwave & small refrigerator in the room it would be great. Internet is $2.99 a day and kind of slow but for a few days it's ok.

Room Tip: Just check everything when you first check in - common sense - do it early to give them a chance to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOTEL. This motels issues are unbelievable. First of all the wifi is not free it cost $2.99 a night and you can only use it on one device at a time, They are police here ALL DAY EVERYDAY they are undercover they disturb the peace. they snoop around every door looking for a reason to lock someone up. They are here 10 cops at a time waiting for the oppertunity. The staff is rude, this place is very unsafe stay away unless you wanna end up in jail or become a victim.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Unojoe55 - We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place has made nice improvements since they renovated their rooms. It used to be a dump but they put new floors, beds and nice flat screen TV's in their rooms. Close to restaurants and right off the interstate. We have stayed here three times since they renovated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Yes you are right -- nice improvements.
Ocean View, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was driving from north carolina and stopped to see my daughter in law who was taking a class in DC to take her out to dinner. But I had no wear for my travling dog to stay as it was much too hot to leave in the car. I picked this motel because it listed "pet friendly" The total price for one night visit was $76.40 tax included. They did not charge an extra fee for the dog which is unheard of. It was such a pleasant relaxing feeling to walk into a clean and cool room after driving. Yes there were not special amenities, but the room was awesome for the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Your comments were greatly appreciated.
Hotel General Manager

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield? Share your experiences!