“Barebones comfort and nothing extra...” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6868 Springfield Boulevard, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, Virginia
“Barebones comfort and nothing extra...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to stay in the least expensive hotel I could find around here for 2 nights and it was this place. I can't say that it was a bad choice or a regrettable experience, but Do Not expect anything extra from this place...
WiFi costs you extra and no breakfast what-so-ever so add those to your expenses, no shampoo in the bathroom so wash your hair with soap or bring your own stuff, no fridge, no frills... And I have to agree with one of the previous reviewers that the place simply smelled weird, kind of a mix between old food/ mold, mildew/ smoke and pets. NOT FAMILY FREINDLY unless you want to "save" a few bucks.
All depends on what you're looking for... Truckers and cruisers will be just fine here, families or folks looking for just that little bit extra that makes a stay comfortable should consider another location. There are times when staying a bit outside of the city have their strong points.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing "west" or away from the interstate, makes a big difference in noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mary G, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Only one good thing is that they accept pets with no fee, but the room had feces in the carpet and stained bad. No amenities in the room and had to pay daily for WiFi.If you need a microwave its downstairs and coffee in the a.m. only. Don't expect a bagel. Beds are real old, sag and you feel the springs. Motel had an overall smell of stale food, rude desk clerks, and the maid service, well lets just say bring your own sheets. I had asked for room to be cleaned on two different days both days I came back around 2 and the rooms were not clean. One of those occasions they told me housekeeping has left for the day and I would have to come swap towels. Location hard to get to but is located near many restaurants and shops. Many trips to the DC area to come but I will NOT be staying at a Motel 6.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Osage Beach, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Got to DC for work and our truck couldn't get permits to leave so we had to stay here a few nights. I was thinking it was going to be a pretty scary place. Almost under the freeway and what not. But it was a nice hotel. Accepted pets with no pet fee. Which motel 6 and la quinta don't have pet fees. Which is nice. Had the Fourth floor and thought we were going to get a pet room considering we had one. Which always makes me nervous because I've been in some pretty scary once. But nope. This was a nice clean room small bathroom but still nice. I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again if ever in the DC area!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

An old friend's band was playing at a bar in Springfield and I saw this Motel 6, which was located less than 100 yards from the venue. I had never really stayed at a Motel 6 before and my expectations were not terribly high. Fortunately, my expectations were met.

Yes, you WILL need to employ your GPS to find your way there (and out) if you don't know the area. This part of Springfield is intertwined with all sorts of interesting roads and access to the interstate. The place was tired-looking but reasonably clean. I had no problems sleeping in the bed. I was disappointed in being handed a blank form at check-in and being asked to repeat all of my address and other details that had been provided in the online reservation. We have computers nowadays to help with that sort of thing.

Overall, if you are looking for an inexpensive no-frills hotel in this area, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Probably don't want to face the interstate
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mary G, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
We have completed our renovations and look forward to your return.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

First, we couldn't find the hotel from the interstate. It's a convoluted mess to get to it. It is in a very seedy, run down part of town and we didn't feel very safe. The desk clerk was rude. The place stank with some kind of sour cooking odors. The elevator looked like it was 100 years old. We had someone knock on our door - we didn't open it. About 11 pm the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate while the fire department was called. They came and left in all of 30 minutes and we were allowed to go back in around midnight. The phone by the bed was dead. About 1 am, someone came knocking on our door thinking it was their room. The desk clerk had given them the wrong room number. The bed was old and falling apart. We will never never stay here or at any other Motel 6 again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are under new management and have completely renovated the hotel. We are receiving very favorable comments. If you plan to travel through the Springfield, VA area again in the near future, please contact the General Manager, Mary Goff who will assist you with your reservation.
Mary Goff
Great Exuma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the first 4 story Motel 6 I've seen. Situated in a traffic maelstrom just south of Washington, DC, it took a solid GPS (Miss Garmin Nuvi) to help navigate the twists and turns to arrive. Plenty of parking was available. Reception was pleasant and we did get a 4th floor room not facing the expressway.

Pricier than other Motel 6s, it did not offer anything extra, except perhaps location, but even then. The windows did open allowing in some "fresh air". We did not venture out too far as there was a large shopping centre close by. Walking would be nuts as the streets in this area are not pedestrian friendly and we wanted to keep the GPS fresh for the next day.

Luckily, there was a Five Guys restaurant a stone's throw away. The sleep was a typical bare bones Motel 6 sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors NOT facing the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was recently forced to stay at this property while the power was out in my home. The location is right off the highway and convient. The bad news is... Gang like members hanging in the parking lot, this is motel is party central. The rooms are left over from when this property was a Red Roof Inn. The overall condition is poor. The security and activities taking place on this property is very concerning. Stairwell doors not secure. I would never allow my parents to stay at this property.....very dangerous at night. I did not feel safe parking my car in the lot.
The security was so bad I actually thought of going back to my home and bringing my 9MM with me.......That bad! If you only have $69 and are able to tolerate major security issues this property might work in a pinch. My advice.....stay away...actually run away. Note: They do allow dogs of al sizes.

Room Tip: Front rooms face interstate and morning sun. Best advice....Dont choose any room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends