“In the midst of a traffic maelstrom, however....” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6868 Springfield Boulevard, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Great Exuma
“In the midst of a traffic maelstrom, however....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the first 4 story Motel 6 I've seen. Situated in a traffic maelstrom just south of Washington, DC, it took a solid GPS (Miss Garmin Nuvi) to help navigate the twists and turns to arrive. Plenty of parking was available. Reception was pleasant and we did get a 4th floor room not facing the expressway.

Pricier than other Motel 6s, it did not offer anything extra, except perhaps location, but even then. The windows did open allowing in some "fresh air". We did not venture out too far as there was a large shopping centre close by. Walking would be nuts as the streets in this area are not pedestrian friendly and we wanted to keep the GPS fresh for the next day.

Luckily, there was a Five Guys restaurant a stone's throw away. The sleep was a typical bare bones Motel 6 sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors NOT facing the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was recently forced to stay at this property while the power was out in my home. The location is right off the highway and convient. The bad news is... Gang like members hanging in the parking lot, this is motel is party central. The rooms are left over from when this property was a Red Roof Inn. The overall condition is poor. The security and activities taking place on this property is very concerning. Stairwell doors not secure. I would never allow my parents to stay at this property.....very dangerous at night. I did not feel safe parking my car in the lot.
The security was so bad I actually thought of going back to my home and bringing my 9MM with me.......That bad! If you only have $69 and are able to tolerate major security issues this property might work in a pinch. My advice.....stay away...actually run away. Note: They do allow dogs of al sizes.

Room Tip: Front rooms face interstate and morning sun. Best advice....Dont choose any room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staff was cordial and helpful. Features are no more or less than one would expect at Motel 6. Convenient access to Interstate highways, but not quite walking distance to the Metrorail station that will give you a comfortable ride into the center of the nation's capital. The room was just a little smelly, which is often a sign of infrequent deep, professional carpet cleaning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This used to be a great budget motel years ago when it was a Red Roof Inn. But it's gone seriously down hill after that. You're greeted by a foul odor in the hallways. The rooms are basic at best. My room had a few tears in the comforter and everything was damp to the touch. Had to call maintenance because the toilet didn't flush. But they were prompt when I called. Ample parking but if you're out late it may be a challenge. Also, there were some shady characters hanging out in the parking lot drinking beer til about 9pm (they looked like day laborers maybe). The upside is that it was only $69 a night, close to 95, and theres a Subway and Five Guys next door. So if you don't mind a little mildew for a night, and are really on a tight budget, then go for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I read the reviews and wasn't sure...then read a review from a stay in March 2012. I figured I would try the place. I was not disappointed. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel...I just wanted clean and safe. My daughter and I had a great time in the DC area and returned each night to a clean room. I never smelled anything but bleach in the hallway. That is a clean smell to me. The staff was nice and took care of us. I would stay again and would recommend the place to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nekoosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed in Motel 6 in Springfield VA (just south of Washington DC) and although it was clean that's all we can say about it -

Negatives:

-had to pay for WI-FI ($3/day)
-no clock
-left comment sheet but no pen to write with
-telephone didn't work for local phone calls
-cigarette burns in the bedspread
-rips (holes) in the carpet
-no phone book on the room
-furniture was marred (scratched so not pleasing to look at)
-one chair to sit in (two in our party)
-no kleenex
-no shampoo

It was cheaper than other motels in the area, so as indicated YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012 via mobile

Shower didn't heat up for have half an hour, bathroom floods. Customer service incopedent. Maids walked in on me everyday. Due to the lack of English, don't come in obviously didn't mean anything. There was a leak in the ceiling, and they wanted me to stay there so maintaince could fix it. The bed and floor were drenched. I was in a king size smoking room, they wanted to put me and my husband in a room with two twin beds. Come to find out they just needed to clean a room to acomadate me. someone was stabbed during our stay, clean up took hours. And the day before it was time to check out someone opened my door while I was in the nude to ask if I checked out today.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield? Share your experiences!