“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6868 Springfield Boulevard, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Los Angeles
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staff was cordial and helpful. Features are no more or less than one would expect at Motel 6. Convenient access to Interstate highways, but not quite walking distance to the Metrorail station that will give you a comfortable ride into the center of the nation's capital. The room was just a little smelly, which is often a sign of infrequent deep, professional carpet cleaning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This used to be a great budget motel years ago when it was a Red Roof Inn. But it's gone seriously down hill after that. You're greeted by a foul odor in the hallways. The rooms are basic at best. My room had a few tears in the comforter and everything was damp to the touch. Had to call maintenance because the toilet didn't flush. But they were prompt when I called. Ample parking but if you're out late it may be a challenge. Also, there were some shady characters hanging out in the parking lot drinking beer til about 9pm (they looked like day laborers maybe). The upside is that it was only $69 a night, close to 95, and theres a Subway and Five Guys next door. So if you don't mind a little mildew for a night, and are really on a tight budget, then go for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I read the reviews and wasn't sure...then read a review from a stay in March 2012. I figured I would try the place. I was not disappointed. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel...I just wanted clean and safe. My daughter and I had a great time in the DC area and returned each night to a clean room. I never smelled anything but bleach in the hallway. That is a clean smell to me. The staff was nice and took care of us. I would stay again and would recommend the place to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nekoosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed in Motel 6 in Springfield VA (just south of Washington DC) and although it was clean that's all we can say about it -

Negatives:

-had to pay for WI-FI ($3/day)
-no clock
-left comment sheet but no pen to write with
-telephone didn't work for local phone calls
-cigarette burns in the bedspread
-rips (holes) in the carpet
-no phone book on the room
-furniture was marred (scratched so not pleasing to look at)
-one chair to sit in (two in our party)
-no kleenex
-no shampoo

It was cheaper than other motels in the area, so as indicated YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012 via mobile

Shower didn't heat up for have half an hour, bathroom floods. Customer service incopedent. Maids walked in on me everyday. Due to the lack of English, don't come in obviously didn't mean anything. There was a leak in the ceiling, and they wanted me to stay there so maintaince could fix it. The bed and floor were drenched. I was in a king size smoking room, they wanted to put me and my husband in a room with two twin beds. Come to find out they just needed to clean a room to acomadate me. someone was stabbed during our stay, clean up took hours. And the day before it was time to check out someone opened my door while I was in the nude to ask if I checked out today.

• Stayed January 2012
Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

A while ago, I wrote a review about this motel. It was not a very nice one, but certainly a deserving one. I talked about the things that go on such as drug dealings and usage, prostitution, etc. I hope that I have prevented some respectful families from lodging in this nasty motel.
Just a few days ago, after almost one year, I decided to pay another visit, hoping for some improvements.To my surprise---NOT, things had gone from bad to ugly. The hallways still smelled like every one was smoking weed, the place dirty as hell, no amenities still, had to pay $3 for 24 hours of wifi, I found a huge blood stain on the comforter, and as I was leaving my room to go to the store, I was approached by Fairfax police in pursuit of a fugitive whose car was spotted in the motel's parking. I can go on and on about this place, but I suggest that you guys go ahead and read my previous review, and please pay a little extra and lodge somewhere else, you'll be happy you did.

God bless and happy vacationing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed there one night October 29, 2011. Horrible experience. Internet not working , mouse traps in every corner of the room and... scattered penauts around the perimeters of the room in an attempt to entice the mice. Never have I experienced such a disgusting time. Shut it down, bulldoze it and rebuild it again, would be the only option for it to get fixed. . Avoid it no matter how cheap..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield? Share your experiences!