“Conveinient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Duncan
“Conveinient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice and clean. Friendly staff. I wish they had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Close to DC and National Harbor. Pool was indoor and very small. Price is very reasonable for the area. Free parking. Mall within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. They are very valuable to us and will make sure to address them immediately. In the future, do not hesitate to ask for a room with a refrigerator when making a reservation or upon check in. They are available at no additional fee. We do also offer microwaves upon request.

Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed at this Marriott for a basketball tourney located through out Maryland and parts of Virginia. The group price was ok. Could have or should have received a better price for the amount of rooms booked for this tournament.
Breakfast was included. They added a extra time slot for those teams with early 8 am games (which was nice).
Lobby and area were standard to courtyard.
The young man who served at the bar an middle islans area for food was great. Other staff (Abby) was very helpful.
Pool was OK ...clean and staffed with a life guard.
Rooms were standard...clean and comfortable (as to be expected from this chain)
Stores/ shopping and fast food were fairly close (not walkable due to highway)
Important Note....the mall only has its anchor store open, due to renovations to the interior of the mall (residents say it's been a VERY long time this mall has been closed).
There is a smaller mall across the street about half a mile down.
Personally ...We are a Marriott typy family....this location is up to standard.
We give our " Tournament Trophy" to Courtyard.
Nice place...good location. Group rate should have been better....but I would refer this location.
Next visit we would try another location to compare.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. We are EXCITED to receive an award!!! Thank you!!!
We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Milan, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had 35 people in a group that stayed here 4 nights. The rooms were big, clean, and service was good. The downside was that not all rooms had refrigerators which is a plus when you are traveling and want cold water to take with you the next day. They had breakfast for us in a special meeting room which was very good. We would stay here again, but request refrigerators.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator.
Green Features: The environmentally friendly practices were in place and appreciated by all our travelers.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am please we were able to make your stay enjoyable with us. As you mentioned, please let us know upon check in or when making a reservation that you would like a refrigerator. We do have rooms that have them and would love to accommodate you with one.

I thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 weekday nights in May, and overall average hotel at best. I'm a Marriott Awards member so stay at Marriott hotels frequently, and this particular hotel is near the bottom of the list for me. The hotel is decent enough, not a dump, but definitely not at what is should be for the price and Marriott award category.

Some of the turnoffs: average food quality, long waits for dinner and breakfast food service, a heavily advertised "manager's special" social hour that included just a small tray of low grade french fries and fried shrimp, slow and often not working internet service in the room, cable service in room with many channels that did not work well and a vastly outdated cable channel guide in room guest guide, room service was not completed at all one of my days and another day I got a knock on my door at 8am for room service. I addressed some of my room complaints to the front desk with general indifference.

Overall, the hotel looks clean and nice, but service and organization is lacking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments and concerns about your stay. You comments are very valuable to us and will make sure to share them with the rest of the team.

I would like to first apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. In the future, do not hesitate to ask for the manager on duty to inform us of any concerns during your stay. We want to makes sure that we address them immediately while you are in our property. Our goal is to provide excellent service and we want to make sure you receive that.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a group of kids up there last week. There were a few others there that were rowdy, but I was very pleased our kids were so very well behaved. The hotel was nice and having a Starbucks like coffee center was kinda cool. The place was clean, and everyone was friendly. I would say my only real knock was the rules around the pool. No more than 20 people? Really that includes sitting around the pool. So we had 55 kids and 8 adults. We ended up only being able to let 15 kids swim at a time, a few kids in the hot tub, and a couple adults. The life guard was just doing is job, but he was a little rude about it. I would say that part alone is why this did not get a 4 star rating.

Room Tip: I would have asked for a room with a fridge.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments and concerns. They are very valuable to us and will makes sure to share them with the rest of our team members.
In reference to the pool guidelines, they are put in placed and enforced by the lifeguard for security reasons. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but it is for the guests safety.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I choose Courtyard for about 75% of my business trips because the rooms are clean, spacious, up-to-date, reasonably priced and the hotels usually have above average amenities including a Starbucks. The Springfield Courtyard appeared to fit the bill but things started going wrong at the check-in. The check-in clerk decided to show someone the exercise room and pool and left the front desk unattended, while 2 other guests and I waited to check-in. I finally went around the counter to the office area and found 2 clerks having a conversation while they did paperwork. After I got to the room the problems continued as there weren't any lights working in the bedroom. An hour later someone came and fixed the lights after I had to make 2 additional calls. The only bright spot was an excellent breakfast the following morning at the Starbucks kiosk. There are plenty of hotels in this area and I won't use this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I will make sure to share them with our staff members. Your concerns are very valuable to us and we thank you for them.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here for one night using my reward points. I had a flight out of Reagan the next morning and I did not want to drive the four hours north the day of my afternoon flight. Hotel is clean with nice staff. The check in process was easy and fast. This hotel is located about 3 minutes driving distance from the Franconia-Springfield metro. I took the metro to the airport.

The only downside was the $200 cash I had to pay for incidentals since I do not own a credit or bank card. It just seemed like a bit much for one night. I did get it back the next morning though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Your comments and concerns are very valuable to us and will make sure to address them immediately with our staff members.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Springfield? Share your experiences!