“Manager Took Care of Us” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Yorktown, Virginia
“Manager Took Care of Us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I brought my family here to stay for spring break because of the proximity to the metro. I walked in and priced 4 hotels within a block. The manager here gave us a discount rate which was $80 a night cheaper than the other nice hotels close by. With 2 children $80 savings on vacation goes a long way. We enjoyed our stay and I really felt that the manager went above and beyond. Finding a place that still values the customer is not easy these days. I will stay here again for sure. It was nice, clean, convienient and the customer service was the cherry on top. I had a bad experience recently at a Courtyard Marriot in another state but this one more than made up for it. Thanks Courtyard Manager.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comment about our property. We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future. If there is anything else we can assist you with, do not hesitate to let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This worked out perfect for me. If you have business in the Springfield-Franconia area, you could do a lot worse. First off, the location is really good. It's easy to get to restaurants and things. Easy access to 95/395/495.

The hotel itself was nice. Clean and new feeling. The room was great. Quiet (even with the large number of school kids staying for visiting Washington). Everything worked the way it should - TV, Internet, bath. That may sound funny, but I'm surprised how many hotels have problems with 1 or more of those.

Next time I'm up on business, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Always come here because the staff is very friendly. The breakfast staff is great. The breakfast is very nice as well. Clean rooms? Good pick if you have business with Ft Belvoir.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Springfield, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating your stay in future.
Bealeton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

IT IS SO CLOSE TO THE SPRINGFIELD MIXING BOWL ON I-495/I-95 so you can get almost anywhere you want to go with alternate routes if there is lots of traffic. Additionally, there are many places to eat within a ten minute or less drive. I often stay here when I work late and don't want to make the two hour drive... my third stay and it's a Courtyard so if you've stayed before you know what to expect and won't be disappointed.
Clean - quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments. We value your comments and I am pleased that we met your needs. I also just want to let you know that we have upgraded our internet
I thank you for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was so hopeful. When I checked in around 11pm after aircraft maintanence delays, I was thrilled when the hotel check-in person gave me a bottle of water! I ran up to my room and was greeted with a stuffy stuffy room. Went to turn on the A/C and couldn't find the thermostat. It was a window unit with a little knob! Can't remember the last time I saw one of "those" units in a Courtyard! Well, I couldn't get the unit to start. Called down and they brought up a new set of keys for a new room. Problem solved. Phew!
Comfy bed. Really comfy bed.
Work out room is really nice. Big. With more than one treadmill....
The lobby is nice, being recently re-done.
Be sure to ask for a newspaper when you check-in, as there aren't any in the lobby in the morning!
Overall it's decent, but the whole no-thermostat-have-to-get-up-to-change-the-temp thing is a pain and doesn't lend itself to a good night sleep.
PS. It's near NOTHING!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I am pleased that our staff was able to accommodate your needs immediately. As a valued guest, we want to make sure we accommodate your requests as well. Please feel free to let us know when you are making a reservation of your preferences so we can make sure it is done prior to your arrival. We thank you again for choosing our hotel and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Reasonable price, close to both airports, helpful friendly staff, very easy access to 95S, 495 N or South, 395 N. It is a business hotel, has nice convenience store on premises, close to mall. Very reasonable functional stay. I like staying here, when I am doing business south of DC up to Pentagon. Close to both airports.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments. Just wanted to inform you about our recent upgrade in our internet.
We thank you for choosing our hotel and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have to say, that because of very recent negative reviews of this Courtyard, I almost didn't stay here. But, the AAA rate was just too good to pass up ($94, includes good breakfast). I always trust my fellow Trip Advisors and rely on them for good places to stay; I was nervous about it because of some of the reviews.

What I found was a great hotel -- I guess I got lucky because I have nothing at all negative to say. The hotel is huge. Very clean and modern lobby (the newer style of Courtyard). There's a restaurant inside where you can order breakfast. It's not cheap, but it's very good. I got an AAA rate of $94 that included the breakfast (it would have been $84 without breakfast). The breakfast was delicious! A real breakfast of eggs, toast, and potatos. Very good service in the restaurant - you order at a counter, and they bring it to you.

Now, the room. It was super clean and big. Nice comfy bed and a little couch by the window. The bathroom was clean and nice. It also had a frig. There is a washer and dryer (coin-operated) on the first floor.

When I checked in, the girl checking me in was very nice and helpful. Very friendly and was accommodating when I asked for a certain room.

The location of this hotel is about 9 miles from downtown DC. It's a quick drive on the interstate, which is practically right outside the hotel door. There was plenty of free parking at the hotel.

What I liked about the Courtyard was the location. I was close enough to DC without having to pay downtown prices and the parking issues.

It was a great stay; I will definitely stay here again. Oh, and there is a big mall right across the street (might even be in walking distance). I didn't go in the mall, but I did see that it was huge.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Springfield? Share your experiences!