“Great Deal for your bucks” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Deal for your bucks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very clean, easy access to main attractions (taking public transportation), the suites are very clean practical, include kitchen, living and a bedroom, (studio). I was very impress for the price we pay for it.

Room Tip: take the train to Washington DC
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews and the reviews did not disappoint! We were there for 5 nights while visiting our family. All of the staff was very friendly. The girls at the front desk were happy to recommend restaurants to us and they knew what they were talking about. Every place they recommended was excellent.

The hotel was clean and the parking garage had very easy access. It appeared to be very well maintained.

I did have a question about our bill and talked to the assistant manager after we arrived home. She immediately answered all of my questions to my satisfaction.

A very good place to stay!!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in a king studio room for two nights while on a weekend trip to Washington. The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was ample with a decent variety. There is a plaza within walking distance of the hotel and the metro station is just short of a mile drive away. Very convenient if you are on a trip to Washington.

Room Tip: Request a room with a courtyard view to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very gracious, welcoming, and helpful. For example, my air conditioning didn't work the first night and when I asked about it the next morning the woman at the front desk called maintenance while I was still standing there and it worked perfectly for the rest of my stay. The upsides: roughly a 10 minute drive from a metro station, a 15 minute drive from a great running trail, what looked to be decent breakfast and evening appetizers, clean laundry facilities, walking distance to a grocery store. The downsides: it seemed expensive for the location. But maybe for their pricing they assume you eat your weight at the breakfast and evening buffets (so they made lots of money on me). Also, Springfield isn't a great place to spend your evenings. The hotel is surrounded by strip malls, gas stations, etc. You'll need to use the metro (or car) to get to decent restaurants and cafes. Fortunately, old town Alexandria and the waterfront aren't too far away!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor or below may provide you with a view of the side of the parking garage. Ask...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place is a gem! I usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental but this hotel was closest to the concert venue, and much cheaper for a quick run to DC. We figured we would try it out. Rolled up. Neighborhood seemed dingy on first glance, but then just a bit cluttered. Entry to hotel is an odd location, but this only matters on your first time there. After a while, you get the hang of it. This hotel is clean, modern, and fashion forward. It is like an oasis. I was still skeptical, thinking that maybe only the lobby was ohsofresh.com. However, when I opened the door to the room, I
I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't want to leave the room. We had a studio but it is set up like a one bedroom apartment. The designer kitchen was unbelievable. I only wish they had beautiful rain showers instead if the tub/shower combo. I loved the color scheme, decor, and particularly the yellow flowers. I had the flu and this place really brightened my day.

The front desk gave me some Tylenol, a bottle of water, some hot tea, and some cheese-its at check in. They were all so pleasant and accommodating.

The next morning, breakfast was such a surprise. It was hearty, diverse, and plentiful. Vegetarians and meat eaters had plenty of options. I was quite pleased.

After an awesome stay here at the Oasis of Springfield, the neighborhood looked better and better!

Room Tip: Courtyard view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My family visited Washington, D.C. recently for Spring Break vacation. We chose to stay at the Residence Inn to better manage costs. We chose the Residence Inn in Springfield because of price and location to a train line. The hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the hallways and rooms were clean, the daily service for our room was great. The best part of the stay was the fact that the hotel offered hot breakfast and nighly Manager Receptions for dinner - all included in the room price. The food was good quality food! The hotel is also conveniently located next to a Giant grocery chain for those elements that you can't do without; the hotel staff will even pick up your groceries at no additional charge! This is a great location for any visit to Washington, D.C.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First, the cons. The area in which the hotel is located is fairly charmless, although there's Starbucks (I'm a Marriott frequent flier but I am NOT a fan of the coffee) nearby. There's also Target and Barnes and Noble within a short drive. Trader Joe's and Giant are around the corner. But if you need room for your kids to roam? Not a lot of options. The pool is the size of a postage stamp and every time we peeked in seemed to have the population density of Hong Kong. The eggs at breakfast were (I'm being kind) "meh". Our mattress was something like a lumpy marshmallow and the pillows? Well. Not a high point. This is maybe our oh, fifth or sixth RI stay in the last six months or so and I'm absolutely over the sort-of couch they call a sleeper sofa. It's not comfortable to sit on; it's not comfortable to sleep on. But that's what kids are for! (To use the uncomfortable furniture).

But now, the pros! The staff: amazing. Friendly to a fault. Super helpful. The room was spotless. Bathrooms spotless. Kitchen spotless. We asked for a couple grocery items to be in the room when we arrived and daggone it, they were! It was GREAT. Eggs aside, the rest of the breakfast was the usual decent RI fare. Not Paris, but hey, it's not Paris. It's oh, maybe a 5 minute drive to the Metro (Blue line and in rush hour, Yellow Line). Freeway access is nearly instantaneous. Sheets were decent. Lobby is really nice. TONS of free parking; all within super easy access of the hotel. Room (at the end of the hall) was very quiet and the 2BR suite left us tons of room for stuff and kids to play. Couple minute drive to Alexandria; we drove in to DC too and were there in about 25 minutes. Would absolutely stay here again, and if they replaced the couch, found me a playground, firmed up the mattress, and made better eggs I might never leave!

Room Tip: Pick a room on higher floor especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill? Share your experiences!