“Comfortable close to I95” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
St. Louis
“Comfortable close to I95”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Remodeled comfortable residence inn. There is a Giant and Trader Joes very nearby which was convenient for groceries. I did find a beer cap under the sofa which hadn't been placed there by me. Other than that it felt clean and comfy. I don't know that I would stay in this area with family or small children. There is an adult video shop directly across the street as well as several other shops and "clubs" that are inappropriate. I did not feel unsafe, however, I did not walk out in the surrounding area. I drove, parked, shopped, and returned to the hotel.

Breakfast was standard residence inn. They did run short on sliced fruit a few mornings but did replenish when asked. The pool closes at 10 pm. I did not make a manger's reception in the evening but it looked like some kind of meat and potato chips one night.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator so depending where your room is it can be a long walk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving and we love this hotel. We normally choose Hilton properties but after a very disappointing stay in the Sprinfield Hilton in 2011, we decided to give the Residence Inn a try. We are glad we did. Very comfortable rooms, big enough to stretch out. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot with great water pressure. There is a full sized fridge and microwave in the kitchen which is big enough to cook in (we didn't but it would be). The free breakfast was okay but there was plenty of it and the hotel is close to good shops and restaurants (the Springfield Plaza mall is a short walk away). Parking is plentiful and free; the hotel is close to the freeways but not right at the exit, so getting in and out is not a problem. We didn't use the pool or fitness center but both looked clean and well equipped. There is a laundry and business center on site and a cozy lobby with warm fireplace - much needed in northern Virginia in late November. The hotel is close to the Metro to get to DC or Reagan Airport. Staff are friendly and attentive - bathroom supplies were replenished each day (not a guarantee in a lot of places). Hotel is pet friendly but doesn't have a 'doggy' smell.
We booked on a great deal - $84.00 per night for Thanksgiving week.
We have family in the area, so we will be staying at this Hotel again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here one night with my husband, daughter and new puppy. We had a studio suite on the fifth floor and it exceeded our expectations. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but we were traveling with our new puppy so we needed a pet friendly hotel. Couldn't say enough nice things about this hotel. Very roomy rooms, great full kitchen. Better than we expected complimentary full breakfast in the morning. From now on we'll be actively looking for Residence Inns when we travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here temporarily as we were moving into the area. It really felt homey and spacious in the two bedroom suite. We could cook in our suite and spread out. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was good even though it was busy. Pool was clean and great for the kids. Close to chain restaurants and grocery stores. Easy parking. Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed here overnight to break up the drive home after a long soccer tournament in Frederick, MD. I wanted a hotel that was clean, contemporary, conveniently located and had a great staff. I got all of that with this Residence Inn. It's location near 395/495 made it easy for us to get into DC for a quick visit, and then on the road to get home. It is a bit of a confusing drive in the Old Keene Mill, Backlick area, so I looked at it all on a map before relying on my GPS to get me there.

I love that the parking and internet are free. Internet was fast. It makes visits so much easier on the wallet, and gives my daughter the opportunity to get her online homework done without breaking the bank every time we travel.

I didn't have any problems with noise, even though we were on the outer side of the hotel. We did have a 6th floor room, maybe that helped. We had a studio suite with a King sized bed for me and a pull out sofa bed for my daughter. My night's sleep was much better than hers- the sofa bed mattress was not the best, even though the furniture is newer. But she's young and recovered quickly! The room was a little cramped for the two of us,our luggage, her back pack and guitar. Had we stayed there more than one night we would have stored stuff in the large closet. The bathroom was great, but only came with soap, no shampoo or lotion. I can't remember if this is a particular trait of Res. Inn's, or just a slip up on part of the staff. No big deal, we had our own anyway.

We were fine with the hotel breakfast, the waffle station is always a hit with her, and there were enough cold and hot choices to fill my belly. The coffee was great, and the staff wonderful. They kept clearing away our used plates for us and were quick to wipe down the table after we left. A neat thing I noticed- out in the lobby area there are round nooks with t.v.s and tables with bench seating. The morning we were there they were occupied by some small kids eating breakfast and no doubt watching some morning cartoons, still in their jammies. Perfect spot for them and they were quiet and content.

I didn't check out the pool,exercise room or guest laundry room. We were there less than 14 hours as we checked out right after breakfast to head into DC. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors always seem to offer a quieter night's sleep. I liked being far away from the ele...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this residence inn before last year. The staff is great, and they are more friendly than any I have encountered. The gym is kept up well (there are even headphones available). The pool is clean. The price is good on weekends (100), but watch out if you need to stay during the week because it skyrockets. The access to the interstate is tricky, but fast. The location is near a trader joes and a supermarket. DC is a 20 minute drive on a weekend. Housekeeping even lined up my kid's stuffed animals on the bed when they made it.

• Stayed October 2012
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Parents were moving from their Springfield home after 47 years and we needed to find a place to stay during the move/transition. We never needed a hotel in our hometown before so we never really paid any attention - until now. Did the review of hotel on Trip Advisor, read the reviews and made comparisons. I chose the Residence Inn (RI) and I will try to always stay at an RI in the future. The staff at the Front Desk and morning breakfast crew were friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The two room suite with the kitchen was great. The bed was one of the best I've slept on in years. It made a big difference when i had to get up the next morning and move lots of boxes. If I was going to be sight-seeing in DC, I'd park my car in the parking deck (free) and take the shuttle to the Metro and avoid the traffic and parking challenges. If I ever need to visit the old hometown again, I'll be staying at this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: If you have mobility concerns, make sure you ask for a room closer to the elevator lobby at the cent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill? Share your experiences!