“Consistantly great food and atmosphere easy to get to” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
“Consistantly great food and atmosphere easy to get to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This restuarant is fantasitic! The extra touches of a family owned business where the family cares about good quality is obvious. The Food is flavorful and fresh, and well presented. This is a restuarant to come to over and over again. The service is prompt and dilligent, and the waitresses sweet. The atmosphere is warm and modern, along with the decor. The food has good portion sizes, without too much or too little. The food is fresh and tasty. Try something new here, because it won't be scarey or disappointing. Great for family meals, romantic (I was there on Valentine's Day as well), or a business meal. Prices are reasonable--$10 to $20 on average. Don't forget a dessert!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“TA helps us find another fine resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Passing through Springfield on the way home from vacation found Tommy Thai with TA iPad app. The food was very good. It was a Wednesday evening and the restaurant was a bit slow. The interior decor was a bit plain, but no matter, we were there for the food. We ordered shrimp pad-thai, drunken noodles and beef red curry.

The food was prompt, at less than 10 minutes and we immediately tasted all three dishes. The first thing I noticed was the accuracy of the 'spiciness' values on the menu which is 1 to 6 peppers. Beef curry was one pepper on the menu. It had a mild but distinct spice. The drunken noodles was three peppers. It was as spicy as I want in a dish, but I can imagine others would enjoy dishes with five or six peppers.

The beef in the curry was very tender and clearly marinated for strong curry flavor. The curry sauce was delicious with a mild spice. We all liked it. Same goes for the drunken noodles. They were perfectly (more intense) spiced with perfectly cooked noodles and crunchy fresh red bell pepper slices. The shrimp pad-thai included ample large / peeled shrimp and the noodles were delicious.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Virginia
“Love the spring rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I really like this Thai restaurant. I even like their beef dishes. Not all beef at restaurants is tender, but I do like theirs. I like hot dishes so everything I order is hot. I like the chicken and beerf with basil, their hot fried rice flavored with basil, their chicken lemongrass soup. I just like
the restaurant a lot. The presentation is good and the service is good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Virginia
“Best Authentic Thai Food around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great service, GREAT food. Menu includes traditional Thai dishes (the best around) as well as some fusion type dishes. If you ask, they will also provide you with a traditional Thai menu that consists of foods that aren't typically found at Thai restaurants.

Visited July 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“We return again and again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We've only gotten their food as carry out, so I can't comment on the service there. However, the most important thing is that the food is really GOOD. We have yet to order anything we don't like. Shrimp pad thai, Chicken panang (I wish it were a tad less spicy), Tom Yum soup and their dumpling appetizer are some of the old stand-bys we get. My husband and I have visited Thailand, so we know authentic Thai food. This isn't it, but nothing in northern VA is. So, if you're comfortable with the American version of Thai, you'll like it!

• Visited March 2012