“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Clinton, MS
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

Stayed here on business...wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised to see how plush and comfortable the beds were and clean the rooms were. There were free cocktails and appetizers in the evenings and a nice continental breakfast in the mornings. Pleasantly surprised!

• Liked — Bedding, Concierge service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pisa, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

Good things: The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. I was in room 362 which was a nice room. It has microwave, fridge, ironing board, hair dryer and a computer safe. There is a mall 500 ft from the hotel, however it is in a part of the city that might be dangerous especially at night.
Bad things: The wireless connection was iffy and we had to hook up our router. The breakfast buffet is ludicrous. We asked for a wake-up call which did NOT come although they showed us a log saying they phoned. Well the phone did not ring and they insisted it did. I was there to be trained and I could make it downstairs half an hour AFTER the scheduled time.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

I stayed here for two nights and found the hotel to be a good choice. My co-worker had a different room than mine, and his room was not as nice as mine (the heater/ac unit was older, etc), so I may just have gotten lucky. (I'm elite with Marriott, and normally stay at the TownePlace Suites, but they were full, so the Comfort Inn got our business this time.)

The breakfast in the morning had a good variety- from bagels to cereal to make your own waffles to yogurt and more.

My co-worker said that the hotel's High Speed Wireless internet was slow, and so he just attached to the one from the neighboring Hilton hotel, which he said was much faster.

The TV gets about 90 channels, including ones like Comedy Central, which is good.

I was slightly irked that the in-room safe was charged to my bill ($1.50/day + tax) as an extra line item regardless as to the fact that I never opened the safe. Even when I was vacationing in Jamaica, the in-room safes were part of the room rate (and you actually need one there...)

I would consider staying here again when I am in Springfield next.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

This hotel has a feel and service of a 5 star hotel. I stayed there on business and I enjoyed it very much. This is a Great hotel for all business travelers and government employees. Our rate was under the per diem rate and it included a great breakfast, happy hour and free internet. Its location is excellent I am traveling back to the area this summer with my family and I have found my hotel of choice for the Washington DC area.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

Paid $129/night + tax for 1 night.

Staff was friendly. As other reviewer said, the shuttle was quick to be of use. Took it from Metro to hotel, and also to/from dinner at Mike's American Grill (very good food, service could have been better).

Lights of elevator buttons didn't work. Hotel/Lobby decor was a bit dated and in need of some help.

Room seemed mostly clean. Sheets/Blankets seemed clean. Floor, desk, fridge/MW and counters seemed clean. Toilet had been partially flushed but still a bit 'nasty', if you know what I mean. I guess it was overlooked during cleaning.

Lightbulb at entryway was burnt out upon arrival. Room was non-smoking (as requested) and seemed to be non-smoking (no smokey smell), but hallway did seem to have some smokiness - perhaps a smoking room at the far end or someone cheating...

Breakfast was good for a complimentary breakfast.

No fitness room or pool, although a partnership with Bally's at a mall across some roads.

Would I stay again? Probably not unless other hotels were fully booked.

Tim

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

Stayed at this Comfort Inn because of great prices and that it had a free shuttle to the Franconia-Springfield Metro station.

On arriving at the station, we called the hotel and the van arrived quickly. The driver offered to take us anywhere else in the immediate area.

Our two rooms with one queen bed also had a refrigerator ("under-counter" sized, not one of those "cubes") and microwave. 2 line phone on the desk and another next to the bed. Sofa-bed (queen-sized bed) and coffee table. Both telephone-dataport for dialup, and a cat-5 wired high-speed internet access at the desk. Clockradio, coffeemaker (& supplies), hairdryer, ironing board & iron.

Sealed window -- and no "fresh air" setting on the a/c. Bathroom had bath-towels, washcloths, hand-towels for 4. Deodorant soap, facial soap, and shampoo the only amenities.

Lobby had PC & printer with high-speed internet. Coffee & tea in lobby 24 hours. On-site car-rental (Budget). Free parking.

Breakfast buffet had fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), 3 types of cereal, oatmeal, Orange & apple juices, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, bread, bagels, pre-made waffles & french toast, English muffins, donuts, and of course coffee & tea.

Groups were furnished their own breakfast in banquet room, and the attendant in our breakfast room was not shy about chasing away people who were not supposed to be using our room .... something great as we encounted dozens of kids in the lobby waiting for their tour-bus to leave.

Houlihans directly across the street. Springfield Mall about 0.2 mi away with many restaurants. Safe area, also served by local bus (Fairfax Connector buses 321 & 322). One could walk to station, but it's about 1 mi away, and hotel free shuttle service, while not 24 hour, was sufficient. Subway station is at the southern-most station on the blue line -- takes about 1/2 hour to central DC, and on the same line as Reagan-National airport.

We got an Enterprise rental car from the location less than 1/4 mile away and drove to Mt Vernon (an easy drive) and Annapolis. Getting across lanes of traffic to our exit was impossible at this "mixing bowl" of the intersections of I-95, I-495 and I-395, so we drove down I-95 to the next exit & came back north on Loisdale Rd (just east and parallel to I-95). Drivers from the north and east might better exit at Van Dorn, drive S to Franconia West, then S at Loisdale Rd.

This hotel also owns a Hampton Inn next door. There's a Hilton across the street that has comparable weekend rates ($80), but we liked this place. We were suprised that maid turned on desk lamp in the evening while we were gone. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!