“A good option in Springfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, VA
“A good option in Springfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My husband had to spend a night here while waiting for our furnace to be repaired. We spent the previous night in the Hamption Inn next door, but needed to save money by staying somewhere less expensive. We weren't sure what to expect, but had a great stay. The room (a king with sleeper sofa, microwave, and refrigerator) was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We really appreciated the sodas at the manager's reception that night. Breakfast is no frills but adequate to start the day.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very nice hotel at a great price. VERY helpful staff. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

As a quick stopover during a long road trip, I decided to stay here for two nights to visit with some friends residing in the DC/VA/MD area. It was a great location. I was travelling with two cats, and it's not always easy. They have a refundable pet deposit - which is rare. The front desk staff was most pleasant on my arrival and attentive to any questions I may have had. The room was quite acceptable. Comfy beds with lots of pillows and very clean. Mon-Thurs evenings they offer a "Manager's Reception" which includes appetizer/finger-foods and non-acholic beverages. That was an unexpected bonus and held me over til I was able to go out to dine. The Continental Breakfast was fine, and there were many options. I don't look to eat in the hotels when I pick them, but it got you off to a good start. There were always hot beverages available in the lobby and they even had warm cookies at the front desk in the evenings. The fitness center was in their sister hotel at the Hampton. It had two treadmills, an elliptical and some other pieces of equipment. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Madison Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We have stayed in many Comfort Inns, but this is one of the best. Everything is first class, from the carpet in the hallways to the bedspreads and linens. Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn, with waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc. The breakfast room was clean and well maintained, and the staff was helpful. We asked about parking at the nearby Metro station, but we were told to take their van instead of driving there ourselves. The van came immediately; we didn't have to wait for a scheduled departure. When we were ready to return to the hotel, we telephoned and the van arrived promptly. We had actually checked out of the hotel that morning, but we were told that we were welcome to leave our car there and use the van anyhow. I had read the good reviews for this hotel, and it certainly lived up to my expectations.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Chose this hotel for its convenient location, close to the I95, Springfield Mall and the terminus of the red metro rail line. Proved to be a good base from which to take the metro into the centre of Washington DC to visit the tourist circuit. Comfortable room, breakfast could have been improved but still satisfactory. Staff encountered helpful and pleasant. Temperamental room lock problem quickly fixed upon request. Shuttle bus on demand service for metro was excellent and managers’ early evening promotion a nice touch but food offering not to my taste. Still a very satisfactory stay in what appears to be a well managed hotel.

• Liked — The convienant shuttle bus to the metro
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Having stayed at several different Comfort Inns around the country, I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised at the luxurious room we were in. Each double bed had 4 big fluffy pillows, not too scratchy sheets, and a beautiful blanket and bedspread. Free internet hookup! A refrigerator and a microwave. Coffee pot, and cable with 100 channels! Wish I was staying more than one night! There were pleanty of towels in the bathroom, and the shower worked well!
Only issue I have is with the desk clerk that checked us in. She didn't bother to inform us that to open the door you have to pull the handle "up" not down like most people would. After lugging all our belongings upstairs (including a dog), we had to go back down to the lobby to find out what our problem was. I attribute it to only that one clerk. Our morning clerk was very helpful and pleasant.
The best part? Breakfast. They had the most wonderful no frills breakfast set up in a quaint room off the lobby (it even had TV). I say "no frills" because there was nothing exceptional, but there was a "make your own belguim waffle" station, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, bagles, yougurt, hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit, danishes, orange and cranberry juice, and of course hot coffee. There was even a coffee station in the lobby that was filled any time of the day or night. I realize that this may seem trivial, but to some people this is important!
We usually stay at the location in Fairfax, but will probably be choosing this location instead from now on. A much cleaner, well maintained hotel, and a great price! We paid a AAA rate of 80.10 per night. Add on the tax and it came to a bit over $88. The breakfast alone was worth $10 (for the two of us).

• Liked — Great Breakfast; truely dog friendly!
  • Disliked — Other than the clerk that checked us in, nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

We recently returned from a stay at the Comfort Inn Springfield and were pleasantly surprised! Our primary purpose in the area was visiting DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival- we were able to obtain an employee reduced rate for this property, MUCH cheaper than staying actually in DC (our 5 night stay was less expensive than one night in DC!).
I was somewhat leary due to the lack of recent reviews, however I have nothing but good things to say. The property is located directly across the way from Springfield Mall, although we never visited it. We commuted daily into DC via the Metro- the station is a five minute drive from the hotel. The ride into DC was approximately 20 minutes. Parking is free at the station on weekends, and we took advantage of the free shuttle on the weekdays (runs 7am-10pm). We never had to wait more than a few minutes to be picked up upon arrival on the Metro.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. I made the mistake of booking a smoking room and was unable to switch due to the property being sold out. VERY strong smoke smell, but, again, my error.
Free continental breakfast every AM was a nice perk. Waffles (make your own), pastries, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. 24-hour coffee was also available in the lobby. I believe that there were snacks available in the evening (5:30-6:30), however we were never there at that time to take advantage of.
The pool and exercise facitilies are located next door at the Hampton Inn. Again, never took advantage of. There is also Internet access located in the lobby.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and accomodating, as was the gentleman who assisted me when I had issues with the Internet.
In summary , the property exceeded my expectations- I did not expect much, but I was very pleased. The property served our purposes. We were able to save quite a bit of money by staying here and commuting into DC for sightseeing, although the distance into DC (approx 20-25 mins) may put off some. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!