“Nicest Comfort Inn We Have Stayed At” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Nicest Comfort Inn We Have Stayed At”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel was a great deal for the cost. The rooms and beds were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was plentiful with lots of different choices including hot food. The staff was friendly and helpful. We really appreciated that the metro station was very close by and there is a mall across the street and lots of restaurants in the surrounding area. Be sure to go to Delia's on Backlick road in Springfield. They had delicious and very reasonably priced Italian, Greek, and Peruvian food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

For the first time ever we had to travel with our 2 pugs. This Hampton Inn was WONDERFUL. Everyone made us feel comfortable and seemed to enjoy our lovable dogs. There was even a special spot for their bathroom use - which was very convienent. The hotel itself was very clean and easy to arrive at. The whole staff welcomed us like family.
If you are traveling wth pets, and want a great place to stay near Washinton, DC, then this Springfield, VA, Hampton Inn should be on your list.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
stoughton, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is not a Hampton or a Hilton, but for the price I paid it was worth it. The breakfast although not fancy had everything you could want and was plentiful, The rooms were plain, clean, and smaller than the adjoining hotels, but again were adequate. The staff was friendly, and willing and able to do whatever they could for you. They made you feel welcome. I told the desk clerk the reason for my stay and the journey I took to get there and he put me away from all noise and we had a pleasant night's sleep.

Room Tip: Tell the staff why and what you want and they will usually get it for you if available..
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband stayed here 2/14-2/16. When we first arrived we unpacked, showered, and was ready for bed. Issue #1 -I went to check out the sheets, and there was blood spots on the flat and fitted sheet. I called down to the front desk, and she did offer to change my room, but I was unpacked and ready for bed.....so I settled for clean sheets, and I remade the bed myself, and she gave me a 20.00 refund (what a joke 20.00). Issue #2 - We were told they had hot breakfast until 10am with bacon, eggs, sausage, and waffles by Kahn the front desk receptionist at check in. The next morning at about 9:30am no bacon, no sausage, and no eggs. Just breads, cereal, and drinks...really lame breakfast. Maybe they were out I don't know. To sum this all up never stay here. I think their housekeeping sucks, and if you can't have clean rooms you might as well close the doors, because you will keep getting reviews like this.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The first room was smoky smelling and burns in comforter. Furniture looked old and had request to be moved. They were able to move me to a non-smoking room which was a big improvement. This room was clean and smelt great. There were only three problems with this room. It had bloody spots all over the floor at foot of bed, noisy heater and no hot water first night until midnight.

Room Tip: Made reservation on line and they gave me a smoking room. Make sure to call hotel for reservations.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Taiyuan, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I got a great rate at this hotel and a free upgrade. Since I was driving, a hotel with free parking was key, and I was also looking for free internet and breakfast, which this hotel offers.

The hotel is surrounded by parking lots and office buildings. It has a larger lobby than many Comfort Inns, and the older elevators suggest that this is a fairly old hotel that has been renovated. Overall, it is nothing special, but the interior is pleasant.

The upgraded room had a king bed and sofa. It was clean and in good condition with newer furnishings. Everything seemed fine--lighting, outlets, wifi, the beds, and so forth.

Breakfast was typical for this sort of hotel with continental breakfast, waffle makers and a couple of hot options.

The reception was friendly and seemed eager to please. The free upgrade was unnecessary, but a nice touch.

Except for being a bit unexciting, I can't fault this hotel. It offered everything I wanted and did it well. If one is looking for a clean, friendly and functional hotel just outside of DC, this could fit the bill. The main consideration may be the location: it is a short drive from the city, and their are many shops and restaurants with free parking nearby--it is a sprawling northern VA suburb very close to the city. It is not on the metro, however. The hotel does have a shuttle to the metro, though that would not be as convenient as a hotel closer to a station.

The Springfield area has a lot of strip malls, but there are also a lot of decent ethnic restaurants along with the usual chains. It's not an attractive area, but seems safe and is convenient for guests with a car.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My Husband & I stayed here during a business trip Feb. 2-4, 2014. Our room was nice, with most everything we needed. However, when we returned from a full day of meetings the evening of 2/3/14, the maid had not been to our room! The trash had not been emptied, the bed not made, nor had the towels replenished - there had been no maid service! We called the front desk twice before someone showed up, and then she only emptied the trash! She did not ask about towels or check to see that our tissues were empty!

There was even a sign in the elevator that said that bed linens and duvet covers were changed daily, no matter how many nights you were staying. The craziest thing was that there was another sign in the room that said that if you wanted to use your towels again to hang them up, yet there were no towel rods to hang them on! For a room that cost $150/night, you'd expect prompt service and we got none!

We did enjoy the breakfast room and the variety of foods; however, there was supposed to be a hot beverage center 24-hours, and it was not replenished after breakfast.

As we were checking out, my husband complained at the front desk and they said they had an 100% satisfaction money back guarantee and they'd refund our account.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!