“Low price does not reflect the quality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
stoughton, ma
“Low price does not reflect the quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is not a Hampton or a Hilton, but for the price I paid it was worth it. The breakfast although not fancy had everything you could want and was plentiful, The rooms were plain, clean, and smaller than the adjoining hotels, but again were adequate. The staff was friendly, and willing and able to do whatever they could for you. They made you feel welcome. I told the desk clerk the reason for my stay and the journey I took to get there and he put me away from all noise and we had a pleasant night's sleep.

Room Tip: Tell the staff why and what you want and they will usually get it for you if available..
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband stayed here 2/14-2/16. When we first arrived we unpacked, showered, and was ready for bed. Issue #1 -I went to check out the sheets, and there was blood spots on the flat and fitted sheet. I called down to the front desk, and she did offer to change my room, but I was unpacked and ready for bed.....so I settled for clean sheets, and I remade the bed myself, and she gave me a 20.00 refund (what a joke 20.00). Issue #2 - We were told they had hot breakfast until 10am with bacon, eggs, sausage, and waffles by Kahn the front desk receptionist at check in. The next morning at about 9:30am no bacon, no sausage, and no eggs. Just breads, cereal, and drinks...really lame breakfast. Maybe they were out I don't know. To sum this all up never stay here. I think their housekeeping sucks, and if you can't have clean rooms you might as well close the doors, because you will keep getting reviews like this.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The first room was smoky smelling and burns in comforter. Furniture looked old and had request to be moved. They were able to move me to a non-smoking room which was a big improvement. This room was clean and smelt great. There were only three problems with this room. It had bloody spots all over the floor at foot of bed, noisy heater and no hot water first night until midnight.

Room Tip: Made reservation on line and they gave me a smoking room. Make sure to call hotel for reservations.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Taiyuan, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I got a great rate at this hotel and a free upgrade. Since I was driving, a hotel with free parking was key, and I was also looking for free internet and breakfast, which this hotel offers.

The hotel is surrounded by parking lots and office buildings. It has a larger lobby than many Comfort Inns, and the older elevators suggest that this is a fairly old hotel that has been renovated. Overall, it is nothing special, but the interior is pleasant.

The upgraded room had a king bed and sofa. It was clean and in good condition with newer furnishings. Everything seemed fine--lighting, outlets, wifi, the beds, and so forth.

Breakfast was typical for this sort of hotel with continental breakfast, waffle makers and a couple of hot options.

The reception was friendly and seemed eager to please. The free upgrade was unnecessary, but a nice touch.

Except for being a bit unexciting, I can't fault this hotel. It offered everything I wanted and did it well. If one is looking for a clean, friendly and functional hotel just outside of DC, this could fit the bill. The main consideration may be the location: it is a short drive from the city, and their are many shops and restaurants with free parking nearby--it is a sprawling northern VA suburb very close to the city. It is not on the metro, however. The hotel does have a shuttle to the metro, though that would not be as convenient as a hotel closer to a station.

The Springfield area has a lot of strip malls, but there are also a lot of decent ethnic restaurants along with the usual chains. It's not an attractive area, but seems safe and is convenient for guests with a car.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My Husband & I stayed here during a business trip Feb. 2-4, 2014. Our room was nice, with most everything we needed. However, when we returned from a full day of meetings the evening of 2/3/14, the maid had not been to our room! The trash had not been emptied, the bed not made, nor had the towels replenished - there had been no maid service! We called the front desk twice before someone showed up, and then she only emptied the trash! She did not ask about towels or check to see that our tissues were empty!

There was even a sign in the elevator that said that bed linens and duvet covers were changed daily, no matter how many nights you were staying. The craziest thing was that there was another sign in the room that said that if you wanted to use your towels again to hang them up, yet there were no towel rods to hang them on! For a room that cost $150/night, you'd expect prompt service and we got none!

We did enjoy the breakfast room and the variety of foods; however, there was supposed to be a hot beverage center 24-hours, and it was not replenished after breakfast.

As we were checking out, my husband complained at the front desk and they said they had an 100% satisfaction money back guarantee and they'd refund our account.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Providence Forge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This must be an old hotel. Although I did not see any refurbishing going on, some kind of internal upgrading must be taking place. On the 4th floor, where my room was, was lots of plastic wrapped furniture near the storage room (which was wide open). The soda pop machine was loud all night. I used the laundry room and found it to be just a step above the ones you see in poor neighbor hoods. I'll post pictures later. There was accumulated dust on the ceiling and behind the machines. It hadn't been cleaned in a while. My room looked like the bathroom door was painted over because the door knob was painted over as well as the chipped door itself. How come there's no exhaust in hotel bathrooms anymore? This one did not have one. The website for the hotel boasted having a 24 hour gym, but you have to walk to the Hampton Inn down the street to use it. Who ever heard of sharing a gym? There was a free after hours meet and greet for an hour, but it was also at the Hampton Inn down the street. There were not any upgrades in the room, TV, fridge, microwave, etc. There weren't any usb sockets either. I mentioned these concerns to the check out girl. All she did was smile. I won't stay there again. I work next door at AECOM. We were supposed to get a discount, but it wasn't honored. I'll stay at the Hilton or Hampton Inn next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It was too expensive for what you get.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here during a business trip in November. The hotel has a well thought of decor and the rooms accommodated me and my shih tzu very well. Conveniently enough, there was also a reasonably priced Budget Rent A Car located inside the hotel. There was also a very pleasant young lady at the front desk named Nurian . She was extremely cordial and inviting throughout my stay. She tended to my every need in a timely manner. The breakfast was tasty and well served. Overall my experience was very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!