“Five Star Service, Five star room, What could be better!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
“Five Star Service, Five star room, What could be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here so that she could attend a Cosmetology Practical Exam being held the following morning. It was snowing out so we decided it just made sense to stay at the hotel where the exam would be given rather than having to get up extra early to brave the inclement weather that was coming into the area.

We made an excellent choice here...and I didn't expect anything less, given the great experience we've had with the Choice Hotels brand of accommodations!

We arrived just before the posted Check In time, but that didn't bother the staff. Not a bit, in fact, they were so very courteous, taking time to point out the ammenities they provide at the hotel, namely the Continental breakfast room, the various points of interest close by (they took their time to show us where we were with respect to the Springfield Mall, to the local diners and restaurants, entertainment, sightseeing etc.

When we got our door access cards, and arrived at our room (by the way, the entire inside of the hotel was clean, immaculately! And because it was the Holiday season, there were festive decorations everywhere that made it feel like home!) we found it be extremely clean, fresh smelling (gotta love THAT), and well stocked with what we needed.

I had remembered to bring my razor, but not my shaving cream. Same thing with my toothbrush, inadvertently leaving the toothpaste at home. In trouble? nope. I simple called down to the desk and within minutes, a courteous staff member had a complimentary shaving cream and toothpaste in my ready hands!

I felt at home here...and so did my wife, and that was so much more important, as she needed to be fresh and alert for the exam the next morning....she was! What a wonderful, comfortable bed!

Ok, one ding...and it isn't a biggie...but it would have been nice to find a state-of-the-art LED/LCD Flat TV to watch our favorite shows on...instead of the rather out-moded CRT style. But it was still ok. Really, that is the only "ding" I can give them. EVERYTHING else was fantastic.

if you come to the Washington DC area, and want comfort, clean environment, and well appointed rooms for not the high dollar cost you would expect to shell out, stay at the Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA. Only a half hour at most from the District itself, and still within the same time distance from all the major shopping centers in the Washington DC metropolitan area...you can't beat the deal and the price.

Enjoy! We did!

Room Tip: I've heard that the rooms on the fourth floor are a bit more "quiet", but I don't...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have stayed here a few times when visiting DC area..rooms are above average and clean..only complaint is they need to upgrade to HD tvs..who has tube tvs anymore? Young lady at front desk was sweet and helpful..wish they had a small gym because one at Hampton next door stinks..free breakfast is pretty good..we will return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbert Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here after visiting some local sites, the next day we were going to catch the metro and go into Washington DC for the day. They hotel was very courteous in that they shuttled us to/from the metro station and let us continue to park at their hotel.

I would stay here again, if given the opportunity.

Great staff! Thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Front desk personnel very helpful in answering local restaurant and DC tourist questions. Front Desk Mgr handled room billing issue very professionally. Good internet in rooms - Outlook not blocked. Was issue with PCs in Business Ctr as customers could physically connect/disconnect cables, etc., so settings were inconsistent, printers were disconnected, etc.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed this hotel very much. In fact, I'd say it was one of the best I've stayed at and at a highly reasonable price. The breakfast was awesome. I really wish more hotels would pick up the idea of a hot breakfast (This hotel offered among other things, waffles, eggs, and sausage, and changed daily). My only complaints are the fact that the shower didn't fully turn on (ie Water was half coming from the shower, half from bath spicket), and the fact that the tax hasn't been changed online (at choicehotels.com) to reflect new pricing. I ended up paying almost $15 more than the price I was quoted when booking. Definitely worth the price, and I received much more quality then I was expecting. Very positive experience. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We frequently stay at this hotel as we have a family member we visit at a local nursing home. We have been staying here on the average of maybe every 4-6 weeks for more than one year, so we have a pretty good idea of the quality. Rooms are comfortable; breakfast is good; but the best part of all is a desk clerk by the name of Khan. He always remembers us and greets us warmly when we check in. He is polite and efficient. He is a big part of why we return to this hotel when there are many to choose from in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just spent a one night stay at the Comfort Inn in Springfield Virginia. The hotel and staff were wonderful. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and helpful. We were attending a Washington Nationals game, and it was postponed due to the traffic shooting event in the Naval Yard area. The desk clerk, Khan, called our room to personally inform us of the game delay. The hotel gave us free shuttle back from the metro site the next afternoon even though our reservation ended at noon so that we could attend the re-scheduled game the next afternoon.
The breakfast was very good, as was the reception on our day of arrival. We plan to continue to stay at this convenient location in future trips to the DC area.

Room Tip: We loved our King bed room. It was very quiet in our area on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!