“Very nice for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Very nice for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have stayed here a few times when visiting DC area..rooms are above average and clean..only complaint is they need to upgrade to HD tvs..who has tube tvs anymore? Young lady at front desk was sweet and helpful..wish they had a small gym because one at Hampton next door stinks..free breakfast is pretty good..we will return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gilbert Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here after visiting some local sites, the next day we were going to catch the metro and go into Washington DC for the day. They hotel was very courteous in that they shuttled us to/from the metro station and let us continue to park at their hotel.

I would stay here again, if given the opportunity.

Great staff! Thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Front desk personnel very helpful in answering local restaurant and DC tourist questions. Front Desk Mgr handled room billing issue very professionally. Good internet in rooms - Outlook not blocked. Was issue with PCs in Business Ctr as customers could physically connect/disconnect cables, etc., so settings were inconsistent, printers were disconnected, etc.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed this hotel very much. In fact, I'd say it was one of the best I've stayed at and at a highly reasonable price. The breakfast was awesome. I really wish more hotels would pick up the idea of a hot breakfast (This hotel offered among other things, waffles, eggs, and sausage, and changed daily). My only complaints are the fact that the shower didn't fully turn on (ie Water was half coming from the shower, half from bath spicket), and the fact that the tax hasn't been changed online (at choicehotels.com) to reflect new pricing. I ended up paying almost $15 more than the price I was quoted when booking. Definitely worth the price, and I received much more quality then I was expecting. Very positive experience. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We frequently stay at this hotel as we have a family member we visit at a local nursing home. We have been staying here on the average of maybe every 4-6 weeks for more than one year, so we have a pretty good idea of the quality. Rooms are comfortable; breakfast is good; but the best part of all is a desk clerk by the name of Khan. He always remembers us and greets us warmly when we check in. He is polite and efficient. He is a big part of why we return to this hotel when there are many to choose from in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just spent a one night stay at the Comfort Inn in Springfield Virginia. The hotel and staff were wonderful. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and helpful. We were attending a Washington Nationals game, and it was postponed due to the traffic shooting event in the Naval Yard area. The desk clerk, Khan, called our room to personally inform us of the game delay. The hotel gave us free shuttle back from the metro site the next afternoon even though our reservation ended at noon so that we could attend the re-scheduled game the next afternoon.
The breakfast was very good, as was the reception on our day of arrival. We plan to continue to stay at this convenient location in future trips to the DC area.

Room Tip: We loved our King bed room. It was very quiet in our area on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chesapeake, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn while I attended a conference. The hotel is located on a pretty quiet street (Loisdale Court). There is lots and lots of free parking. Check in was a breeze. The front desk person, Khan, was very professional. I needed to make a slight adjustment to my reservation at check in, and he happily obliged. My room on the second floor overlooked the lot where I parked my car. It gave me a bit of piece of mind to be able to see my vehicle from my room window, not that I was concerned about vandalism, theft, or anything of that sort.

My room was clean, and everything was in order. The beds were very comfortable. The room contained a fridge, a microwave, and a safe (which cost $1.50 a night). The TV was an older model (not a flat screen) but that wasn't a problem. The internet was complimentary, and the connectivity was great. The room was great. I did not eat the free continental breakfast there, so I cannot comment on it.

There is a mall nearby (I believe the Springfield Mall); as well, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Franconia Metro station at specified times. All in all, this is definitely a place to consider staying when you come to the Northern VA/DC area. As many, many other reviewers before me have commented, this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!