“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Front desk personnel very helpful in answering local restaurant and DC tourist questions. Front Desk Mgr handled room billing issue very professionally. Good internet in rooms - Outlook not blocked. Was issue with PCs in Business Ctr as customers could physically connect/disconnect cables, etc., so settings were inconsistent, printers were disconnected, etc.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My significant other and I enjoyed this hotel very much. In fact, I'd say it was one of the best I've stayed at and at a highly reasonable price. The breakfast was awesome. I really wish more hotels would pick up the idea of a hot breakfast (This hotel offered among other things, waffles, eggs, and sausage, and changed daily). My only complaints are the fact that the shower didn't fully turn on (ie Water was half coming from the shower, half from bath spicket), and the fact that the tax hasn't been changed online (at choicehotels.com) to reflect new pricing. I ended up paying almost $15 more than the price I was quoted when booking. Definitely worth the price, and I received much more quality then I was expecting. Very positive experience. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We frequently stay at this hotel as we have a family member we visit at a local nursing home. We have been staying here on the average of maybe every 4-6 weeks for more than one year, so we have a pretty good idea of the quality. Rooms are comfortable; breakfast is good; but the best part of all is a desk clerk by the name of Khan. He always remembers us and greets us warmly when we check in. He is polite and efficient. He is a big part of why we return to this hotel when there are many to choose from in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just spent a one night stay at the Comfort Inn in Springfield Virginia. The hotel and staff were wonderful. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and helpful. We were attending a Washington Nationals game, and it was postponed due to the traffic shooting event in the Naval Yard area. The desk clerk, Khan, called our room to personally inform us of the game delay. The hotel gave us free shuttle back from the metro site the next afternoon even though our reservation ended at noon so that we could attend the re-scheduled game the next afternoon.
The breakfast was very good, as was the reception on our day of arrival. We plan to continue to stay at this convenient location in future trips to the DC area.

Room Tip: We loved our King bed room. It was very quiet in our area on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chesapeake, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn while I attended a conference. The hotel is located on a pretty quiet street (Loisdale Court). There is lots and lots of free parking. Check in was a breeze. The front desk person, Khan, was very professional. I needed to make a slight adjustment to my reservation at check in, and he happily obliged. My room on the second floor overlooked the lot where I parked my car. It gave me a bit of piece of mind to be able to see my vehicle from my room window, not that I was concerned about vandalism, theft, or anything of that sort.

My room was clean, and everything was in order. The beds were very comfortable. The room contained a fridge, a microwave, and a safe (which cost $1.50 a night). The TV was an older model (not a flat screen) but that wasn't a problem. The internet was complimentary, and the connectivity was great. The room was great. I did not eat the free continental breakfast there, so I cannot comment on it.

There is a mall nearby (I believe the Springfield Mall); as well, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Franconia Metro station at specified times. All in all, this is definitely a place to consider staying when you come to the Northern VA/DC area. As many, many other reviewers before me have commented, this is an excellent hotel.

Pass Christian
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. My husband's company held their orientation/meetings at this hotel for the week and I joined him. The hotel has a nice, homey feel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are very clean, the hotel is in need of some major updating.....new furniture, carpet, mattresses, etc. (the mattresses are clean, I checked them out for signs of bedbugs, etc)., they just seemed pretty worn. Breakfast was included and was okay, better some days than others. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but, there are a couple of larger hotels near by and we had dinner at one of those. They offer room service through some of the nearby restaurants which we used one night. We did have dinner there on Thursday night in one of the meeting rooms., I think my husband's company set it up. It was a nice dinner. There is a laundry room on the third floor. The hotel is within a short drive in to Washington, DC. There is some shopping nearby, a large mall a couple of streets away but, it was closed for construction except for a couple of stores.

Also, besides an update, I think the hotel would be much nicer if there was an outside sitting area. The smokers just stand around the entrance at the hotel. A sitting area in the back away from the doorway would be much nicer. Also, I haven't seen a pool yet. I think maybe the guests are allowed to use the pool at one of the neighboring hotels.

The staff at the front desk were always very helpful. They helped me get a tour of DC scheduled and answered questions about how to get there using the Metro. The hotel shuttle was great when we needed to go to Target or to a nearby restaurant (which is in walking distance, if you prefer to walk). They also got us to the Metro for our tour. I asked one of the front desk gentlemen if he could get me a taxi set up for Friday morning to get to the airport (Reagan International and Dulles are a short distance from the hotel, shuttle doesn't do airport runs). I asked for an 11:00 a.m. pickup and the taxi was there by 10:45. Actually, it was a limo service, very nice ($40). The driver was very helpful and professional.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, maybe as soon as January 2014. I rated the hotel average based on it needing an update.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Starting with the impressive Lobby the decor carries throughout the entire hotel with the feel of class.The front desk is excellent in service. The rooms are well cared for and well maintained. Clean doesnt begin to cover the feeling when you enter your room.It feels new.The beds were comfortable and even I had enough pillows. The included breakfast was top notch. Waffles, eggs, sausage, rolls, mufins, cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, bagels, orange juice and cranberry.Too much more to name. If I have the chance to come back this will be my ONLY choice on where to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on 5th floor and if all other rooms are even comparable you will enjoy any room they give y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!