“Nice, homey feel and nice, helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Pass Christian
“Nice, homey feel and nice, helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. My husband's company held their orientation/meetings at this hotel for the week and I joined him. The hotel has a nice, homey feel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are very clean, the hotel is in need of some major updating.....new furniture, carpet, mattresses, etc. (the mattresses are clean, I checked them out for signs of bedbugs, etc)., they just seemed pretty worn. Breakfast was included and was okay, better some days than others. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but, there are a couple of larger hotels near by and we had dinner at one of those. They offer room service through some of the nearby restaurants which we used one night. We did have dinner there on Thursday night in one of the meeting rooms., I think my husband's company set it up. It was a nice dinner. There is a laundry room on the third floor. The hotel is within a short drive in to Washington, DC. There is some shopping nearby, a large mall a couple of streets away but, it was closed for construction except for a couple of stores.

Also, besides an update, I think the hotel would be much nicer if there was an outside sitting area. The smokers just stand around the entrance at the hotel. A sitting area in the back away from the doorway would be much nicer. Also, I haven't seen a pool yet. I think maybe the guests are allowed to use the pool at one of the neighboring hotels.

The staff at the front desk were always very helpful. They helped me get a tour of DC scheduled and answered questions about how to get there using the Metro. The hotel shuttle was great when we needed to go to Target or to a nearby restaurant (which is in walking distance, if you prefer to walk). They also got us to the Metro for our tour. I asked one of the front desk gentlemen if he could get me a taxi set up for Friday morning to get to the airport (Reagan International and Dulles are a short distance from the hotel, shuttle doesn't do airport runs). I asked for an 11:00 a.m. pickup and the taxi was there by 10:45. Actually, it was a limo service, very nice ($40). The driver was very helpful and professional.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, maybe as soon as January 2014. I rated the hotel average based on it needing an update.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Starting with the impressive Lobby the decor carries throughout the entire hotel with the feel of class.The front desk is excellent in service. The rooms are well cared for and well maintained. Clean doesnt begin to cover the feeling when you enter your room.It feels new.The beds were comfortable and even I had enough pillows. The included breakfast was top notch. Waffles, eggs, sausage, rolls, mufins, cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, bagels, orange juice and cranberry.Too much more to name. If I have the chance to come back this will be my ONLY choice on where to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on 5th floor and if all other rooms are even comparable you will enjoy any room they give y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA is across the street from a more expensive, well-known chain, but the service and room comfort are easily comparable, if not better. The lobby is impressive in its size and décor, and the desk clerks were friendly and helpful every time I came by. There is no fitness facility in the hotel, but they have an arrangement with a hotel next door, so all you need to do is ask, and they will provide you a key to use that facility. There is a free hot breakfast every morning, with the choices different from day to day. There is also a manager's reception Mon-Thur evenings, but I did not have the opportunity to try it. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and everything works as advertised, from the TV to the A/C, coffee pot to the alarm clock. You can't go wrong saving the extra money by staying here and using it to pay for something else on your trip to the NOVA/DC area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Definitely a beautiful and luxurious hotel. One of the best comfort inn experiences I have had. Room was on a high floor, smelled nice, was very clean and quiet throughout the night. Staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. I only stayed here one night, so, I didnt get to experience everything the hotel had to offer, but I was informed of some sort of manager meeting when I arrived that was going to be giving out free dinners. I did not attend the event, but it was nice that it was an option. Location was kind of difficult to maneuver but it was no fault of the hotel, the road structures near DC are different from what I am used to. I kept getting lost with gps going not even a mile away from the hotel because of all of the different highway interchanges around the corner from the hotel.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great place to stay and see Washington DC. Free shuttle to and from Metro station,drivers always friendly and helpful.Breakfast every morning from 6am to 10am. Clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. Stayed for 5 days. Very pleasant !

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The best Comfort Inn we have ever stayed in terms of décor, cleanliness (SPOTLESS), staff's efficiency, knowledge, professionalism and helpfulness, shuttle service, building/property maintenance and ventilation system. No smell of smoke though this is not 100% smoke free hotel. Efficient and reliable shuttle service to Washington's Blue Line Metro station (Franconia-Springfield station) which brings you to Washington D.C. in minutes. Just across is Springfield Mall and around the corner is Barnes & Nobles. Thanks a lot to Kathy who checked us in very quickly, gave us lots of info and tips and offered to just ask her if we have any questions (just the perfect person for front desk who loves what she is doing). Our thanks to Mr. James Johnson , for his utmost cooperation, kindness and understanding. Will definitely come back and recommend to all our families and friends.
TIP: Don't miss the Manager's reception at the Hampton Inn, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday.

Room Tip: Room 639 is very good for you can leave curtains open all night and no one will see you from the bui...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

On a recent family vacation to Washington DC my family and I stayed here. We had a wonderful experience. The staff that worked at the front desk were extremely friendly. There was a continental breakfast that included eggs and waffles. Make sure to get to the breakfast early...like shortly after it starts. If you wait until 8AM or later there is sure to be a large crowd in the breakfast area and you will be lucky to get a seat. We would get there at 6:30AM/7AM most mornings.
There is a Manager's Reception Monday-Thursday 5:30PM-6:30PM with $1 beers, $2 glasses of wine and free food.
The rooms are decent and the beds are comfortable. The decor could use some updating but I can definitely overlook that.
If I had to say anything negative it would be the pool. The pool at the hotel next door and it was very small. We had so many other things planned that we didn't have time to go to the pool anyway.
Overall we had an excellent experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!