“Fantastic hotel which I would really recommend to anyone.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
“Fantastic hotel which I would really recommend to anyone.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a visit to local attractions and was rather pleased with the hotel in general.
I had a couple of problems at the beginning of my stay, so I notified reception. They changed my rooms within 10 minutes.
The rooms are clean and spacious with a nice bathroom and useful tea and coffee making facilities also with a fridge and microwave.
Around the hotel, everyone is pleasant. The staff are as nice as can be and they always say hello to you when you see them.
The hotel is also easy to access for disabled and elderly with lifts and lowered step in baths.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for families, couples, businessmen and women and anyone else really.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is near my home, a few miles away and I have had reason to stay here 3 times in the past year. I'm now at the hotel for a several night stay. The manager (Franchisee I think) is wonderful, he is at the desk every day with a smile, and he listens and seems to take pride in his hotel. Good solid hot and cold breakfast from 6 am til 10 , and the lady gives fair warning at 10 am before she starts to break it down. Hot eggs, waffle machine, sausage or bacon, bagels, pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, etc., and it is kept stocked. Two computers hooked up to a printer in the lobby. lots of free parking. the Hilton right across the street has a very nice Houlihans in it, the food and bar drinks are great, some TVs in the bar too, $6 martinis and tapas plates also. The Springfield Mall a block across the rd. is mostly closed for renovation, but Target, JC penny, and Macy's are open, and Target has grocery section so you can get food to nuke in the microwave in the room, and beer and wine also there.

At another small shopping area in the co fines of the mall area, close to hotel , is a good sushi restaurant (Osaka), pretty god Thai place, a nail salon, and hair salon, and good newsstand, so if you don't have a car and are using metro (Franconia Springfield stop at end of blue line is an 8 min walk) to visit DC, it helps having these places nearby. Also a little deli restaurant called Mall deli and a pizza/sub shop there. In a separate center is a DSW shoes and a nice big Barnes and Noble, and Bed, Bath Beyond. On other side of mall by metro is a nice TGIFridays, Bertucci's ( good chain Italian), and Starbucks.

Those are important things is you need proximity to metro and places to eat and get essentials nearby. Hotel has good free wifi in rooms, is very clean, furniture in rm in very good shape, clean fresh carpet and bathroom. GREAT AC unit in rm, not like some that never seem to go below 75, this one goes down to like 60 and gets good and cold if you like that. Fridge nd microwave in every rm. For under $100 with taxes included, this is a great option for someone visiting D.C. Several other hotels nearby, but none at this price point and value.

Room Tip: I asked for quiet rm and got one overlooking mall area, I am not sure if any rooms overlook 95S hiwa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked 5 rooms online for our free night during our mission trip. I had 13 teenagers and 3 adults and 5 rooms. The hotel is clean. the staff is friendly. I was disappointed that the pool is a shared pool next door. I must have missed that in the description. We experienced no issues with our stay. I truly enjoy the free breakfast. It makes the mornings much easier as each group/room can go down when ready. Check out was easy and friendly. The rooms were clean and they staff did what they could to group our rooms. The beds are what you expect a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

First time staying at a Comfort Inn,we were visiting family in the area. The hotel itself was very clean and the breakfast was a nice spread. The room did have a musty smell but once the ac was on you couldn't smell it anymore, but the room was clean, bed was comfy. The pool was across the parking lot at another hotel. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family remarked how 'fresh' it smelled in the corridor to our room. The room was very clean (cleaner than my bedroom at home!) and the bathroom was as well. Not dusty. The details are attended to here. The room is comfortable and feels safe. Breakfast was good - waffles, cereal, oatmeal, juice, bagels, hot eggy things, yogurt, fruit, etc. This was the cheapest place I could find within 20 minutes of DC that met my minimum standards. It's much better than other places I've paid more for! If you are considering an inexpensive, but safe, clean, and comfortable hotel near DC, you've found it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while driving a bus to the Northern Virginia area. Even though, the night I was there, the hotel was loaded with bus drivers, with five other buses in the lot, parking was simple using the lot of the building next door. (I stayed there on a weekend though and wonder if this lot would be available on a weekday.) Check-in was slow, with only one person on the desk, but the gentleman who checked me in was very courteous. I was a bit apprehensive about the rooms, considering the low price I paid through Choice Priviliges, but was pleasantly surprised. My room was nicely appointed, clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was typical for a Comfort Inn, and included the usual pastries, egg omlets (frozen, reheated) and waffles. If you're looking for a luxury hotel, there are plenty in Northern Virginia, but for a Comfort Inn, in this area, the price was downright cheap and the quality of the the room was good. I would definitely book a room here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I needed a place to stay for a quick nap, and this place did the job..

It is right off the interstate, and right next to the mall. It has a beautiful lobby, and the front desk staff was great.

The room wasn't anything fancy, but it suited my needs. And I'd love to come back again, if I need to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business