“Great place to stay for DC visit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place to stay for DC visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here on a getaway weekend to Washington DC. It is very close to the metro station and they provide free shuttle to the metro station. Check-in was very easy and professional yet friendly. The room was very nice and clean. I was surprised they had not upgraded to flat screen TV's, but we did not go for the TV so it was okay. The breakfast was nice and was your typical hotel hot breakfast of proteins, breads, fruits, juices, coffee, and of course waffles. I will definitely stay here again for my next trip to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Springfield, VA, on Saturday, April 6, 2013. The hotel is five miles outside of Washington, D.C. The lobby is spacious. The rooms are nice and well appointed. This is a step up from most Comfort Inns. There is a shopping center close by with a variety of stores. Just across the street is the Springfield Mall. The mall is currently closed and is undergoing a renovation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the D.C. or Northern Virginia area. The rooms are quiet. Although I don't ever use them, there is a microwave and a refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

the hotel is very convenient to the freeway and was very easy for me to access. I was there three days and all in all my stay was very good. The furniture is a bit outdated but the rooms are clean, the breakfast bar is well stocked and the overall staff is very attentive. The girl at the front desk can use a bit more training but she'll catch on I'm sure. Although I didn't use it, they have a shuttle to take you to the metro so you can visit Washington DC, plenty of handicapped parking spaces as well as accessible rooms which are very nicely done. There were only 8 tables in the breakfast area which surprised me since the hotel has 4 floors but that didn't seem to be a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tiverton, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The facility was in good condition and well maintained. The most positive factor is the staff were excellent, interested, and always pleasant and helpful. I was there for one night, but if the need arrises, would go back gladly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was the only motel in the metro area that did not (at the minimumn) double its rates for the presidential inauguration. I was worried about some of the recent trip advisor posts when I booked this hotel but did not want to pay double for my room. There were lots of rooms available in the area and this was the only one that kept its rates at the same reasonable price. The room was clean. We used the shuttle with no problems and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.
This hotel was located a little farther out than we wanted to be but it worked out fine for the days we stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Didn't really expect much from this hotel to begin with, but was very surprised at the level of service, and condition of the rooms for the price we paid. For the same price we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel, but stayed here since the location was more convenient to my family's home, whom we were visiting over the holidays. Firstly, the rooms are dingy and gross. Had to track down a remote control for our t.v., after about an hour finally got one from the security guard, of all people. Went to get change for the vending machines and was told, VERY rudely, by the woman at front desk that they do not give change to GUESTS for vending. Spent 15 minutes tracking down change just to find out the machines on my floor weren't even working. Went to the next floors machines and it ate my money. Breakfast was worst of all. Everything tasted old, and the selection was poor. After checking out, I realized I had forgotten a personal belonging in the bathroom of our room. Went back just a few hours later to retrieve it and was informed that it was locked in housekeeping and no one on site had a key. This was upsetting, as it was a fairly expensive object, and why wouldn't they have access to their own housekeeping room? I was told to come back the next day, but, surprise surprise, I DON'T LIVE IN SPRINGFIELD, VA which was why I was at a hotel to begin with. Ugh! I asked if they could mail me my belonging and was asked for a credit card number to pay for shipping!! I could understand paying for shipping if I had waited til I got home (700 miles away) and THEN called about it. But I went to the hotel to get it, and if they can't get into their own laundry room, why is that my problem? All in all I was very disappointed. There are FAR BETTER hotels in the same area with comparable prices. I will never stay at another Comfort Inn if I can help it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Summary: I picked this place because of the TripAdvisor reviews and price. Spend the extra $20 and stay at one of the nicer places down the road. Room, service, and food were all terrible.

We stayed for one night at the hotel during a medical visit to the area in November. We were quite fooled by the TripAdvisor rating.

The room: We were placed in a handicap-accessible room settled among rooms occupied by a touring middle school. Our room hadn't been updated since 1992 and every piece of furniture was damaged. The sink was tiny. The CRT TV had terrible picture. The bed was uncomfortable. The floor was filthy.

The service: We arrived around 9pm. The front desk attendant was rude and barely offered a "Hello". I thought that I had pre-paid for the room (which I had not), and when I asked about it, the most condescending "No, you have not" was leveled my way. I paid, explaining that I was just confused, to which the reply was, "It shows right here you have not, SIR." We later called the front desk because the middle-schoolers in the room above us were running rampant at 10:30pm. "*SIGH* Okay. *Click*" She did nothing. There was no knock at the upstairs door and their tirade continued for another 45 minutes.

The food: Don't even bother with breakfast. The breakfast room was the same temperature as the outside (about 48 degrees). Patrons were dressed in their winter coats, but we had no idea until we arrived. One guest asked the barely-English speaking attendant if we could turn up the heat, but she refused. All of the food was cold, even the "hot" items. The apple juice tasted like vinegar. The milk was spoiled.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!