“Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms; location perfect for a pit stop in Washington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very good value for the money. The rooms are fresh and modern. If you are inclined to visit Washington the Inn provides a courtesy van to the train station (only a few minutes away). Breakfast is very decent - waffles, boiled eggs, selection of fruits and cereals. Also a great location if you are just there for the night and are continuing a journey. Pool is NOT located in the same building so keep that in mind. Don't forget to return your electronic room key or you will be charged!

Room Tip: Parking is less convenient if you have rooms at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

6560 Loisdale Ct, Springfield... Having been in the DC area a couple of years prior to this stay due to my time in the military at nearby Fort Belvoir, I knew it would be difficult to find a decent hotel under $100. Somehow I found this one and am glad I did...The hotel itself was neat and clean, as was my room. I was mildly impressed that there weren't any strange [musty/smoky] odors in my hallway and room. The bed was comfy and the bedding was clean, the tv was a nice flat screen, and I had a mini fridge to keep my drinks and lunch stuff cold all week. I had no problems with the wifi, and having that in the room (as apposed to only in the lobby) was an added convenience. The staff was friendly, but the continental breakfast was rather small - I can't complain though for the price. The location is close to entrances to the Beltway. There aren't any restaurants within waking distance, however there is a Target across the double lane road and a Barnes & Noble, DSW and Bed Bath and Beyond a short walk over on the same side of the street as the hotel. Overall I had a good experience and would either recommend it to others and/or stay here again myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Carthage, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 days in Sept 2012 and had a great experience. All of the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning crew were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary hot breakfast offered a nice variety of hot and cold items each day and the manager's reception offered M-Thursday nights was a nice way to end the day. We chose to use the Metro to get around DC and it was nice to have the complimentary shuttle to and from the station. A big bonus was the Budget Rental Car agency in the building for the short time we needed a car. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, whether traveling alone or with your family.

Ft Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel and location were great for our needs. The shuttle was quick to arrive each time we called and the Metro station was very close. Several restaurants were a short drive away with good food and generous servings. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our maids did an excellent job and the shuttle drivers were courteous. The breakfast had at least two or more varieties of eggs, juices, fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles, and breads/pastries. The Manager's Reception was a serendipity and there was always hot coffee and hot water in the lobby. We stayed a week and thought it was an excellent value.

Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We wanted to tour Washington DC but didn't want to spend a fortune by staying and parking in Washington DC. The hotel's complimentary shuttle service to the Metro station was immediate service upon request. Also, we never had to wait more than a few minutes for pickup from the station. We drove into town one early morning and it took us only about 12 minutes from the hotel to the Lincoln Memorial. We were pleased with our breakfast which always included eggs, sausage, waffles, as well as all the other typical continental offerings. Also, the Manager's reception Mon-Thursday is a plus. On the night we returned early enough to attend, they served wings, mac n cheese, salad, and beer and wine. We had a great experience at this hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This would be a good hotel to stay at on a quick, overnight stay, when passing through DC, and not wanting to spend a fortune. Not sure I would recommend staying here for an extended period, though. Our room was over-crowded with furniture that didn't seem to fit the space, most of it fairly outdated. The bathroom had hair in a few places--gross. Doesn't speak volumes for cleanliness. The TV was a big tube-type tv that had probably been in place for years and years, and the fuzzy picture would seem to indicate so. This hotel sits right off the merge between I-95 and I-495, so the highway noise is present. Not in the rooms so much, but in the area. The area is nothing special--several hotels, a few office buildings, and a mall a short walk away. No real restaurants to speak of, although there might be some around the back side of the mall I didn't see. I did not take the hotel's free shuttle, but I understand there was one to one of the very last stops on the metro's blue line--Franconia-Springfield. I think it would take forever to ride the metro into downtown DC from this station, but if you didn't mind the slow ride, I suppose it would work. 45 minutes? Crystal City might be a better bet for tourists wanting to get into town, though. Overall for $79, not a bad hotel. It served our purpose of spending a quick night passing through town, compared to other hotels in the $100-200-300 range in DC proper. The hardest thing was finding this hotel, because the nearby interstate merge literally has 30-40 ramps going in every direction imaginable. Print good directions, both coming and going!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
North Springfield, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

this is my first stay at comfort inn. Checkin was a breeze however i was given a room on the first floor and it smells so bad. Smell of mould. I was sneezing. The fridge wasnt working. I have informed the front desk wanting to change to a different room but was told they are fully booked. DIdnt attend to my request - changing rooms and fridge issues. Stay away

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!