“Great value for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Virginia
“Great value for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was leading a group of 17 Girl Scouts and parents for a weekend trip to DC. When we arrived, we found that the Holiday Inn-Springfield had messed up our reservations for 5 rooms with 2 double beds each and only had king rooms. See my review of that hotel for comments on their lack customer service skills, but they did refer us to this Comfort Inn. Here the front desk man was VERY nice, there was plenty of availability, they had an earlier breakfast (which meant we could actually EAT breakfast before our White House tour), and the room rate was cheaper! The rooms were not fancy, but just fine - about what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. Water pressure was good, but the towels were a bit thin (my only complaint). The lobby was nice, and the two computers in the lobby with free printing helped us a lot to get Mapquest directions. The breakfast was basic, good variety continental with a waffle maker. We had cars, so the lack of nearby dinner places wasn't a problem, and the Metro was about a half-mile away. We parked at the Metro for free on the weekend, but the hotel also had a shuttle. I would definitely stay here again. Hope this isn't too long, but at least there is some specifics that hopefully people will find helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Worst, who has time to write a book to review hotel. Sad that we can't trust the staff to not write review. Only able to stay one night. Tip if review is over half page don't trust it.

• Stayed February 2011
Elkins, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

All employees (front desk, breakfast attendants, maintenance and housekeeping) were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Located in a well-lit, safe area -- it was easy to find the hotel, and shops / restaurants were close by. Plenty of free parking around the hotel. Lobby was bright and clean, nice breakfast area. Hallways could use a little updating, but they were clean and well-lit.
Our room was immaculately clean at arrival and upon return 2nd day (and no sign of bedbugs!) Nice room furnishings - included microwave, frig, work desk with lamp, credenza and TV stand / dresser unit. The LayZBoy style lounge chair was a nice addition, although it looked a little worn.
The furnishings were all fine -- a couple of pieces showed minor wear, but everything was fully functioning. The bathroom was small, but it was clean, everything in working order, and no issues with hot/cold water, etc. The A/C unit worked great - cooled the room down fast and very quiet. Our room location - 2nd floor end of hallway - was QUIET. We heard NO noise from outside our window or other rooms.
The room felt just a bit cramped with 2 beds and all the furniture, but that was no big deal. Overall, the room was bright and cozy. And the FREE wireless service worked like a charm.
Breakfast was great -- lots of healthy food options (juice, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals). The buffet included a "make your own" waffle machine, but no biscuits & gravy types of food, and that was fine with us.
The hotel offered a FREE Manager's reception each weekday beginning around 5pm. VERY NICE perk -- a small buffet of hot finger-foods, chicken salad w/ crackers, etc. (Different items each night.)
We took full advantage of the hotel's FREE Shuttle Service to and from the Franconia -Springfield METRO Station. WONDERFUL SERVICE! All we had to do was stop at the desk (or call the hotel from the METRO Station) to request shuttle service. We only had to wait 5 or 10 minutes each time. And they provided shuttle from early morning until 10pm each night. (The Franco-Springfield METRO Station is the last station on the BLUE line, so it will take you about 40 minutes to reach the SMITHSONIAN Metro Station. But the BLUE line takes you all the way in, so you won't need to change trains.)
I've given this hotel a 5 point (Excellent) rating. It IS NOT the Ritz-Carlton, so if you are expecting fresh rose-petals on your pillow, this hotel isn't for you. Its an older hotel, so you'll notice slight "wear and tear" mainly in the public areas. But if you are looking for a CLEAN HOTEL / CLEAN ROOM, in a SAFE area just outside DC, with EASY access to the METRO, and at a very reasonable rate in light of its proximity to DC, then this is definitely the hotel for you. I would definitely stay there again, and I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights, Fri. and Sat., in late Oct. 2010, on our trip from N.C. to the Comedy Central Rally on the Mall on Oct. 30. The Comfort Inn is an older hotel, somewhat worn, but it was very clean, everything worked and the staff was pleasant. The "help-yourself" breakfast was o.k., just food to keep you going. Although right next to the freeway, I heard no traffic. However, my wife said she did. A complimentary shuttle van is available to take you to (and from) the nearby Metro stop (Franconia-Springfield) which is at the end of the line (though I'm not sure when the shuttle van shuts down at night). It is possible, but not really practical, to walk to the Metro stop from the Inn. Also, if you're driving yourself, there is a reasonably priced parking deck at the Metro stop. Best of all the rate was $81.60 ($80.10 stated plus $1.50 charge for in-room safe) per night plus taxes of $7.29 per night. We thought this to be an excellent value for the DC area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

seven of us went to washington dc to attend my uncles burial at arlinton national cemetery, we stayed at the comfort inn in springfield virginia, the hotel was very easy to find it just off I395, the hotel was very clean and the rooms were in very good condition, the staff were very friendly and helpful. they have a free suttle to the blue line of the metro which is about one mile away, when you get back you just call the front desk and they come right away to pick you up. they have a simple continetal breakfast of coffe/juice/toast/make your own waffles/boiled eggs/cold cereal/fruit , the staff keep the food coming even durning busy times,the rooms were in great shape, the beds were comfotable and cleaned on time every day, monday-thursday they had a wet bar with beer and wine and some warm finger foods, also nice cookies at the front desk, they have coffe/tea and hot chococlate all the time next to the from desk, theres is a starbucks inside barnes and nobles about one block away, there were many places to eat in a short drive from the hotel, we found a TGIF fridays and outbacks very close by.if your looking for a clean fair priced hotel close to the metro this is the place

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed in this Comfort Inn over two different weekends, and found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and in good condition. I had read a prior review complaining of worn furnishings, so I carefully examined the two rooms we stayed in which were on different floors and found everything to be clean and in excellent condition. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms were very quiet. For the price, this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My stay started with an unruly person at the front desk who repeatedly questioned why my credit card/photo ID had different names than the name i used to make my reservation. Yes, i used my maiden name for the reservation (as I always do when travelling on business) and my credit card and drivers license are in my married name. So what? I was getting ready to find another hotel when he finally agreed to let me stay. I wish I HAD gone elsewhere. I found it just gross that the coffeemaker was not only in the bathroom but kept right behind the toilet, extremely close to the toilet. YUCK. I would not call myself a germaphobe, but c'mon....that's just common sense. So, in the morning (given the fact I was not going to make coffee in my room), when i went downstairs there was a trail of blood from the elevator to the front desk. I immediately informed the front desk thinking the may want to clean it up. 45 minutes later, when i left, the blood was stil there. Just not a pleasant experience at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!