“BED BUGS !” 1 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Springfield
“BED BUGS !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I want to start off by saying that I travel quite a bit and I am a Hilton's diamond member. This hotel has to rank as one of the worst stays I have ever had in a Hampton inn . First of all I booked a non smoking room and when I arrived at the hotel I was told it was a smoking room, at first I thought I made a mistake when I booked it with my companies travel company but I later confirmed that I didn't and they were most likely overbooked . I decided to stay in the room instead of asking for a new room the next day and that turned out to be a HUGE mistake . My shoulder and arm began to itch on Tuesday (I checked in on Monday) but I didn think anything of it .. By Wednesday I had one small bite on my arm (once again I dismissed it.. I checked out Thursday and my shoulder was still itching, by the time I drove the 4 hours home my shoulder had approximately 12 bites on it plus 2 bites on my arm .. I treated myself and called the manager on Monday morning. He was apologetic but as of this review ( almost 2 weeks later ) he has yet to call me back or fax me an incident form like he stated he would . I will never stay at this property again and I will be calling hilton directly to express my feelings !

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Annandale, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Remodel in progress significantly detracted from stay. Room was very poorly configured with too much furniture, and bathroom config was ridiculous. Slowest elevators ever. Overall, did not measure up to Hampton standards.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would not recommend this hotel. Although there was one employee that was incredibly helpful, I found the remainder of the staff distant to very unhelpful. The room was okay (with very nice comforters), but the beds themselves were very uncomfortable. The cooling system worked okay, but was not the most effective. The food was bland, both the breakfast and the evening special (some of which seemed microwaved). The elevators were incredibly slow and very rough to ride in. Unfortunately, due to construction, there seemed to be no way to use the stairs to avoid the elevators. Parking was very scarce in the evening, causing me to park at a different hotel and walk.

Room Tip: First floor due to terrible elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PARKLAND, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

They were Remodeling during my stay but made every effort to make guests Welcome and Comfortable. Easy commute via Metro Rail into Washington DC and back, complimentary shuttle bus to and from Metro Rail in Franconia, VA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

....the nicest Hampton Inn we've stayed in. This hotel needs a major update..rooms are clean..but old. Breakfast is not worth going down for..powdered eggs..go to a Dunkin Donut or Subway nearby. It was nice to have the shuttle take us to the metro.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is in disrepair... not just the lobby which is under renovation. The bathroom has multiple issues that needs to be addressed (lock, toilet seat, etc.) Trash cans in the lobby area smell badly. The area has many hotels. I'd pick another one.

Stayed August 2014
Long Neck, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a Hilton Honors member and stay very often at Hampton Inns...and yes this hotel was under renovation but there was no mention of this on the hotel site and I paid $132 (AAA rate) for this mess. They told me my room had been renovated but the A/C unit was still the old fashioned under the window unit...where you are blasted with cold air and noise and then it shuts down ...and then it blasts again...this goes on all night so i got no sleep. When i came back in the afternoon and tried to sleep there was hammering of some sort going on. BUT THE WORST AND INEXCUSABLE FOR ME WAS THEY FORGOT TO RING MY ROOM WITH THE WAKE UP CALL I HAD REQUESTED!!!! You don't do that and then offer me nothing in return. Inexcusable and can have dire consequences for the rest of your day. same morning...toaster didn't work in breakfast room. Horrible stay and nothing offered by management to make it right.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!