“Big, big, big on a small scale :)” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
NC
“Big, big, big on a small scale :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Four night vacation to tour DC with the family. I loved this hotel. It catered to the budget needs of a family with big dreams.

Huge, plentiful, filling breakfast to help you start your day right...but tiny area to eat in, not enough room for the crowd. That's ok, they really do their best with the size they have!

Free shuttle every 20 minutes to the Metro - awesome perk...however, the shuttle is a van that holds 12 maybe? And it services several hotels that almost share a parking lot. This means that mornings were easy, but returns were always tough - we usually had to wait for a second or even third trip as the crowds clamored into the little van....but that's ok. The intention is to do the best with what they have. And, it was a free service - you NEVER complain about a free service :) take it or leave it.

We payed maybe $70ish per night - honestly, you just can't beat it - huge breakfast, no paid parking...but we were traveling to DC...family vacation....we, too, were doing big, big, big plans on a small scale. We kind of fit each other. :) Staff friendly and helpful; on our second night we requested directions to a gas station and the front desk clerk printed some up for us and suggested places for dinner.

Would stay there again if one day I wanted to return to DC in my current financial standing. Lord please let me be doing better when my children are grown. I want to afford a fancy place in downtown DC with no 45 minute Metro.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Riverhead, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My room was very clean looking, did not smell and was nice and cool. The bathroom was clean as well. I had no carafe for the coffee maker but that was ok since I don't drink coffee. The front desk guy kept leaving me and going into the side room to do something. The hallways were warm and stuffy but the room was cool, so thats ok. The bed was a little bit "springy" as in it kinda needs to be replaced. Its not one of the better Hampton Inn's but the price was right so it make it worthwhile. Would I stay here again..I'm not sure. If the price was right again, I might.

Sterling Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Everything you need from a quality hotel at a reasonable price. We would stay at this hotel again if we find ourselves in the area. Everything you need from a quality hotel at a reasonable price. We would stay at this hotel again if we find ourselves in the area.

Hermitage, TN, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hampton Inn in Springfield is older and showing its age. Room was cleaned but not the room for which the reservation was made. With two exceptions responses from front desk personnel were almost indifferent. Pool area was difficult to access because of all the trash stacked in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Free shuttle from Metro to hotel, stops at 10 p.m. though which can cause problems if you go into town late. There is a half-way decent American-style, hotel breakfast, nice people at the front desk. The shuttle will also drop you of at other spots near the hotel, like the Starbucks or Barnes and Nobles. The shuttle driver doesn't get snotty if you don't tip like other cities I've been in, like NYC. There is a mall across the street, but it's under renovation, the Target is open. One bad thing is the air conditioning system which can be noisy when it kicks off, motor probably needs oiling or replacing. Eventually you get used to it. I stayed here about 15 years ago and I must admit the service has improved considerably. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: As in most hotels, ask to be far from the elevators and the laundry/ice machine. There really is no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Banner Elk, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel interior was nice and it had a HUGE flat screen TV, and it was fairly close to D.C., which is why we were staying there, but the bed springs were SUPER loud and it made sleeping uncomfortable. The sheets felt sticky too. But overall we had a nice stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Rock Hill, SC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I chose this hotel because it is one of very few that allow smoking in the DC area, and they had a shuttle to the Metro. The 'hot breakfast' is oatmeal, 'eggs', and what appeared to be microwaved sausage. I wound up getting sick. Overall, the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. If I had to be in that area again, I'd probably choose it again. I95 was a MESS while we were there, but that wasn't the hotel's fault for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

General_ManagerWASSP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
First I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your destination in our area, and do want to apologize that you go sick during your travel. Our Breakfast is free and we have extensive selections to choose from. We don't have microwave in our kitchen, Sausages were made in oven and we have not had any complaints in past. But, will keep our eye on it so, we provide and improve on our guest experience and quality of food.

We will appreciate if you are in our area again that you will choose our location and we will be able to improve on our experience we provide.