“Roller Coaster, Hotel Going Down hill, Mold/Mildew, hard bed.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Orlando, Florida
“Roller Coaster, Hotel Going Down hill, Mold/Mildew, hard bed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

To start off, I have stayed at this HamptonInn Multiple times over the last 5 years. Up until last year, I would recommend this hotel to other people. As of late, I will rethink my choice of stay. The room(s), look visibly clean but walk on the carpet with a white sock and watch the color magic happen. Not ideal for infants toddlers. Mold around the AC units. Mildew/Musty smell.

Changed roomed 2x and found the same condition. Water damage in the bathrooms.

If you have any sensitivity to mold, be prepared for a headache and maybe a sinus infection.

I guess a positive is the bag morning breakfast, ill leave the the over crowding at the buffet line for someone else. The breakfast hasn't changed a bit in 5 years.

Would recommend the newer Hilton or Marriott down the street.

Most of the hotel staff is polite, but they gainfully employee an old woman who doesn't really seem to want to do her job, and disrespects military members in uniform.

Room Tip: "dont stay here"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that we improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Thanks,
703-924-9444 x 7802

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Over the last 5 years I have stayed at this hotel many times. Up until the last year or so, this was an excellent hotel. But as of recent, the hotel staff seemlingly cares less about the guests. The quality of the rooms look modern, but the upkeep is lacking. Mildew and mold in AC and bath areas. Breakfeast options havent changed in 5 years, and really arnt that appetizing. Some positives, they provided usb port charging station and more AC outlets. Rooms are modern. The rooms are visiliby clean aside from the mildew/mold you may encounter.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate your business and loyalty and we are so sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will be sure to address our team in regards to your review and make the necessary changes. Again, we apologize and we hope to have another chance to serve you again.

Regards,
703-924-9444
Wilmington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beware. This is not a typical Hampton Inn. This property is past the renovation point. Smelly room, bugs, non-working plugs or phones. Gouged doors that have been painted over. And, was charged(not a hold)more than the room rate TWICE before I stepped foot on the property along with a $200.00 Had to argue in order to get charges refunded. RUN!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so sorry for all of the issues you experienced during your time with us. If you would please contact us directly we will be more than happy to further discuss your stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,
703-924-9444 ext.7802
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had a work related meeting in DC and decided to stay in Springfield, VA due to its close proximity and much cheaper hotel rates. This hotel is average. It is situated right across from Springfield mall and near 395. I did hear the traffic on 395 whizzing by but got used to it quickly. The bed was extremely hard! I could feel the springs. Stayed in room 617.

Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Dear Folks, I just had the good pleasure of staying at Hampton Inn Springfield (VA). I arrived late last (8/15/2013) evening and was greeted and assisted by a young lady named Hewi. Great service! After having two canceled flights earlier yesterday it was wonderful to have a ride from the airport to the facility then to walk into the front door of the Hampton Inn Springfield (VA) to a smiling face, rapid check-in, a great room---and even the extra mile of providing an apple and an orange to meet my immediate hunger needs!

One other point of great service is when I just came down to find where I could buy a bottle of water and Kevin, at desk provided one--no charge!

With a call cutting my stay short, I again received great service from another young lady named Rikki. I needed to forward my flight information to the front desk and Rikki gladly made me copies of my flight itinerary. Then Rikki set up a very early taxi ride to the airport for tomorrow morning. More great service!!

Thank you!

Art

Rev. Arthur E. Apgar
room #623

Room Tip: One can find a room anywhere... BUT to find a great room with commitment to great service try Hampto...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bohemia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for a couple weeks while working downtown DC. The rooms were were pretty quiet and allowed for good sleeping. The sheets and towels fresh daily, and everything I asked for was brought to the room right away. Breakfast was pretty good each day, and the happy hour snacks were a nice addition. I found the staff to be quite friendly. I noticed Hampton Inn Sprigfield is quite popular for groups and sports teams. Overall, a pretty good value for the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Reasonably good hotel for family stays. Reception staff is very friendly and will do their most to address your needs. Breakfast is good and varied and complementary light dinner is offered on evenings during the week. Disappointed however with the speed of computers in the business and the fact that the printers were not working. Rooms are nice and clean but stuffy, which could be an issue for clients with asthma and allergies. Also, A/C are a bit noisy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!