“Great inexpensive location for DC visits” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Auckland
“Great inexpensive location for DC visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights. Rooms are well furnished and clean. small bathrooms but not unusably so. Good free breakfasts including fresh fruits and a variety of hot items. They supply a free shuttle to the train station making it a very convenient location for visiting DC and much cheaper than downtown hotels. There is also a happy hour reception on some days which unfortunately we didn't have time to attend .The only negative was the very loud fan on the airconditioning .

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had sticker shock not being in the DC mindset when I started. I did not know that I was making a purchase when I let my daughter enter the internet-access credentials. I guess that is my fault. Maybe I expect free wifi with a room of that price. Ceiling needed to be attended to due to popcorn ceiling failing due to age. Good location to get to Arlington National Cemetery for funeral.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were very satisfied with out stay. Room was very clean. Breakfast was plentiful; especially the self-made waffles were a hit with just about everybody, including myself. Pleasant and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I went to DC for our anniversary trip and decided to stay here and take full advantage of the metro. BAD IDEA! I have stayed at Hampton Inns before and have enjoyed my time there. This hotel on the other hand was their ugly stepsister who should be locked away! From the get go it was bad. First, we had to wait for our room to be ready, even though we were there an hour after check in. They hadn't even started cleaning yet. Second, I had a package shipped to our hotel and never received it. Not because it never got to the hotel but because they never brought it to me or let me know it was there. I had asked several times about the package and they kept saying that when it arrived they would put it in my room. Customer service wasn't that great. Food wasn't that great. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We would like to sincerely apologize for all of the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We've addressed our team members in regards to your review and the appropriate corrections have been made. Again, we apologize and if you ever return to the area, we would love another chance to provide you with a great stay. Thanks again for your review.
Longwood, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Pleasant atmosphere, staff was a little distant but helpful.Clean rooms, quiet area. Business Center is uncomfortable but bearable. Good proximity to DC and surrounding areas. Air conditioning was noisy but tolerable. If staying in Va/DC area very good value for the money. Easy access to and from major highways. This can be a regular stop for meetings/pleasure in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was once a good hotel and a few short years later not the same! The room was dirty and the linens the same. I reserved a two bedroom but only got a single. I lived in this hotel for almost 4 months and when I returned to have a vacation with my daughter not a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We really appreciate your loyalty to us and as a valued guest we hate hearing of your disappointment. We want to offer all guests a clean, comfortable stay and ensure our continuous guests feel the same way each time. Thanks for letting us know about your concerns so we can address them and hope you come back again to see how you've helped us progress in our improvements and ensure commitment to comfort.

Safe travels,
Kevin Alfaro
Hampton Inn Springfield
DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just a pleasure to stay here. Clean, nice accommodations, and the wireless Internet in every room was lightning fast! Breakfast was good as well. But best of all was the free shuttle to the metro that ran every 15-20 minutes and even responded on call on the weekends. I will most certainly stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!