“Great hotel for groups!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Lula, GA
“Great hotel for groups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Jason in group sales is awesome to work with! Love staying here with my student groups. Rooms are a little smaller because property is older, but they are normally clean and the fact that they are interior hallways when traveling with school groups is important! We use this property when traveling from Georgia to DC with groups. Easy to hit HOV lane and head into the city in the mornings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay at the Hampton Inn Springfield. It was a great pleasure having you and your group stay with us back in April. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Thank you once again for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn Springfield.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I usually like to stay in Hampton Inns because they are clean and you get a good value for your money. This Hampton Inn is the worst Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. I'm really surprised that Hilton hasn't done anything to improve this hotel.

The hotel has 7 floors and is a very large hotel. The weekend that I stayed there it must have been pretty full because almost all of the parking spaces were taken up. That being said, neither the elevators nor the breakfast room can accommodate that many guests. There are two VERY SMALL elevators that are extremely small (maybe 6 adults can pack into it). The elevators are located at the end of a small alcove. So when you get off of the elevator there is only one way to go-left. The first morning we were there we rode down with several women dressed very festively in beautiful dresses. When the elevator door opened in the lobby a housekeeper had her cleaning cart blocking the way out. She wouldn't move it. The women that were dressed so beautifully had to scoot between the cart and the small opening the housekeeper had left. I thought for sure that they would snag their dresses. I had a hard time because I was carrying a large purse and my laptop. I know that housekeeping has a job to do, but she should have had her cart a few feet from the door, so people could get out.

We were going to go into the breakfast room to eat. But the room was so crowded that people couldn't move about, much less get to the food. Every table was occupied and people were sitting around the lobby couches and chairs trying to balance their food on their laps. Food was spilled (eggs and cereal) all over the floor, nobody was there to clean it up and people kept walking through it. We ended up going out to eat breakfast. Which defeats the purpose of booking a hotel that has a free breakfast.

This hotel is pet friendly, which unfortunately, I didn't know before I booked it. If people are going to stay in a hotel with their pets, they have the responsibility of making sure that they are well-behaved. There was a family staying there that had some kind of hound dog which continually barked/howled while it's family was standing in the lobby early in the morning. The family should have taken the dog outside or the front desk people should have instructed them to do so. Everyone in our elevator heard the dog howling from when we got on on the 7th floor all the way down to the lobby and out the doors.

Now, to talk about the room. It was clean, but had a lot of furniture in it. It didn't have a closet area, instead it had an armoire with drawers, a short dresser with drawers, two night stands with drawers, a chest that had the fridge, microwave and tv (also with drawers), a desk and chair, a couch and of course the bed. Too much furniture for the space. I was impressed with the amount of outlets to plug stuff in. Many hotels don't have enough outlets.

The bed was comfortable and clean, but they use those "half pillows" that many hotels use. We chased our four tiny pillows around the king sized bed all night. I hate that! The bed had a duvet/comforter that must have weighed 200 pounds. It was so heavy, it was uncomfortable. We ended up pulling out the extra blanket that they have for the sleeper sofa.

The air conditioner/heater didn't work properly. The weekend we were there it was warm and we like to sleep in a cool room. We just couldn't get it to cool. The AC would shut off. And the fan wouldn't cool.

The bathroom was small. It was so small that the shower curtain touched your knees when the toilet was used. The curved shower curtain rod was installed upside down, so the nub to hold the curtain shut was on the bottom and the curtain wouldn't stay shut while I took a shower. My husband figured out a way to shove a part of the curtain into a little gap to make it stay shut. The toilet never flushed properly. The handle had to be held down for it to flush.

This hotel was not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, but it was the worst Hilton property I've stayed in. If I need to go to that area again, I will definitely look somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we've worked with our staff to make the necessary corrections. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kevin Alfaro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here to get a mini weekend vaca to DC, and I did not want to stay in DC. Springfield is nice enough, but it is confusing to navigate even with GPS. The hotel was nice and I felt it was clean and comfortable. The only complaints I had was there was not a lock box in the room, there were no extra blankets or pillows in the room, and the hotel was loud from tons of teenage groups traveling to DC. It was nice that there was a Target right across the way. But it was closed, I was sick and in need of a Walgreens or CVS. We had to travel to the next town via 395 to find a CVS with GPS. Getting on 644 is confusing to try to find any restaurants. I have stayed at the Best Western and I really enjoyed it, but they do not accept pets so I kind of had no other choices but Hampton Inn. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't stay again because I do not like the location at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Location was great to visit our family. Front desk staffer lowered our price when he saw that we were all senior citizens!

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was good and the comforter looked like it was freshly laundered; which is a big plus!

Food was good and plentiful.

The only bad thing during our entire stay was the woman working in the breakfast room. We were visiting with our family in the breakfast room and she was rude and basically told us it was closed and she had to clean. So we moved to another area and she did the same thing. I did report her and the front staff talked with her while we were there. The next day she was still rude.

Other than that one woman, we had a good stay there.

• Stayed March 2013
Poplar Branch, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Inn was clean and nice as far as decor. The breakfast was awesome. I did, however have trouble sleeping. The people in the room next door were partying ALL night. I could hear every word they said. It started about 3am. It was quite disturbing and I guess they were on drugs or something..who know, but I perfer not to hear others being intimate in the next room! Then across the hall a dog was yelping about 6am. I will not go back there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. Again, I apologize and I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Kevin Alfaro
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel is very comfortable. Staff is pleasant. Convenient to some good restaurant choices. This is a typical suburban office area hotel but Hampton Inn is a cut above the rest. A/C unit could be a bit quieter but it didn't disturb my sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I travel to Northern Virginia, I usually check the prices at this Hampton and then stay elsewhere because a room across the road can usually be found at a 30% discount. This time, the prices were within 10% of each other, so I booked the Hampton. This properly is an older building. It is in good shape, but my room was small and you won't forget you are in an updated older hotel. The single king room had the normal Hampton amenities, albeit in a compressed format. The bathroom was small and self-contained. If traveling with the family, we prefer a room with the sink outside the bath area. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was at the end of a hall and there was no outside noise noted. The cable TV lineup was good, although I didn't get a chance to watch TV. There was a large flat-screen TV in the room.

The complimentary breakfast was good and there were a number of items from which to choose. The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. I appreciate the fact that Hampton offers a downloadable version of USA Today, which seems less wasteful than the paper version. They also offer downloadable books and magazines, although many are restricted to their higher-level loyalty club members.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again if the price per night is similar. However, if there is still a 30% price difference, I would stay across the street (see my other reviews) and use the fifty bucks saved to treat myself to Mike's American Grill. Frankly, there is not enough difference between the hotels to justify such a premium for this property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel facing away from l-95 if possible. The hotel is very clo...