“Inauguration Week” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
San jose Ca
“Inauguration Week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during Inauguration week. My check in was very easy. My room was ready when I arrived. The hotel shuttle takes you to the Metro and local restaurants on demand. In fact for the inauguration, the started the shuttle at 4:15 am, with a breakfast that began at 4:00 am. Breakfast was wonderful. I especially enjoyed making fresh waffles. There was a variety of food choices. The bed was comfortable.
Con-the room was not vacuumed daily. Housekeeping sprayed freshener to make it appear room was thoroughly cleaned. I think the heating/air needs to be checked and calibrated. It got very hot in the mid-high 60's. I had to turn on cooling to sleep comfortably in the low 60's.

Room Tip: Be specific. If you need a soft mattress or accessibility access ask.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here forfor inauguration weekend. From the 1st day to the 4th day we we're treated with 1st class service, hats off to the management team. I give customer service, house keeping & the shuttle service a 10, and definitely the breakfast a 10. Even though the hotel was booked full, the hostess keep the breakfast fully stocked. When we go back to DC we will book this hotel again. Easy access to and from Reagan Airport on the Metro train.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Pros: the room was spacious, clean and well furnished; bedding was good; check-in and check-out procedure was quick and friendly. Price was also atrractive.

Cons: the air conditioning / heating unit in the room was very noisy, gave us the impression of being in an airliner. The quality of breakfast food was barely sufficient (although it must be said that we have an Italian taste...)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Kevin Alfaro
Hampton Inn Springfield
aydlett, n.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and two children stayed here last weekend on december 16th,2012. We arrived around 1415 in the afetrnoo, we were greeted warmly and checked in right away, We went up to the room to see an inviting, clean, and confortable room waiting for us. We dropped our bags and went out to supper. Later I took and dropped my kids and wife off at a screamo concert in Springfield..not my cup of tea..Later returned to the hotel, the beds were confortable and the pillows heavenly. We awoke the next morning to get the free breakfast which was very substantial, all in all It was another wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn, Which is why it is my wife's favorite hotel chain in the U.S........HAPPY TRAVELS!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was there in a business trip and they make me feel at home. Service and atentions from the staff was the best. Clean, good food, happy hour and fresh bake chocolate chip cookies avery day at 6:30 pm. Good location and plenty near connection to mayor transportation facilities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rooms were nice, clean, the staff was nice. Beds were soft, that is one reason we stay at Hampton Inn. Bar across the street at the Hilton. Close to bunch of interstates, which can get confusing. I really hate the 200 word minimum.

Room Tip: Not far from Washington
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went to DC on a business trip but all the Arlington hotels were over my allowed per diem. So I stayed her for about $40 less. It's right off I-95 & 10 minutes from the Metro. The shuttle runs every half but is available with 10 minute notice at other times. The 1st one doesn't run till 7:10 so plan accordingly. Hampton Inns have long had a fairly nice breakfast but as I was coming back from the business center they were setting up a bar area. I asked about it & they provide snacks (chicken wings & veggies sticks & dip) Mon through Fri. Sodas & water were free. Beer & wine were $1. What a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!