“Pet friendly and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Carmel, IN
“Pet friendly and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The check-in process and initial cleanliness of the room met expectations. The room was comfortable and plenty spacious enough for my dog and I. The only complaint with the room was that the walls were a little thin and noise traveled at times. The free breakfast was very good. It had a good variety of cereals, pastries, yogurts, fruit and eggs and sausage.

There was no additional fee for my dog and there was ample grassy space out back for him to walk and do his business, both very welcome. There were also multiple parks nearby for a longer walk. We took a 15 minute drive to Lake Burke for a beautiful 5 mile lakeside walk.

All in all the hotel met our expectations. Nothing over the top but still very adequate, we would be willing to stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Evans City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel was nice and it was handy to the Metro. We got there early and the fellow we talked to said we could get our room in an hour. The lady came out and said NOT TILL 3:oo! Kind of a downer. So We didn't check in till almost midnite as we had other plans for the evening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the miscommunication from our front desk staff have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel the first weekend of October as part of a break in the DC area and enjoyed my time there although it did get a bit annoying the number of times that staff asked if the room was ok. Access was easy by using the provided shuttle from the Franconia Springfield Metro stop.

• Stayed October 2012
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was a case of late start and too many hours on the road, so my wife and I decided to call it a day and looked for a Hampton Inn in the DC area. I called ahead, made my reservation, and then as we pulled up remembered that I didn't ask about pets! Not only did this hotel accept pets, but there was no additional charge! Our chichuahua was in doggy heaven! The hotel was very clean and the staff was quite friendly. Our room was on the second floor, and we assumed that was the floor assigned to people with pets. Having said that when our elevator door opened the air in the hall was clean and fresh. I did think the AC was a bit noisey, but it didn't stop me from falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows! Breakfast was up to Hampton Inn standards and the serving area as well as the tables were spotless! I do not hesitate in recommending this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Staff were super friendly and helpful! Hot complimentary breakfast was very satisfying and the unexpected manager's reception in the evening made for a nice dinner too. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Gym was lackluster but I didn't feel like exercising anyway ;) would definitely stay at this hotel and other Hampton Inn locations in the future because of the wonderful experience I had here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Battle Creek, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you can deal with a rude front counter clerk and MOLD than you will enjoy your stay. My service was so bad I had to check out in the middle of the night and went to the Hilton across the way and was treated like royalty as well as upgraded to the executive suite. I was told because I am allergic to mold that I should put that on my reservation in the future. Now I know and I also know never to stay at the Hampton Inn on Loisdale Ct in Springfield Virginia. But the funny thing is the customer service was worse than the mold. So like I mention if you can deal with mold and poor customer service than you have found the right place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied of our guest rooms and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. Please also accept our sincere apologies for the level of service you received during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and will definitely be addressed. Thank you again for your review.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter during the Labor Day Weekend...

We were given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back....

Check-in went very smooth with Kevin (one of the managers) and we were up to our room..

The hotel boasts a shuttle service to/from the Springfield Metro Station (about 5 min drive) between 7am-10pm daily...

The A/C unit in the room was a little loud and you had to manually control it, since there was no wall thermostat...

Breakfast was the normal fair and the staff manning the breakfast area was very polite...

Had one hiccup but that was addressed by Kevin after my stay and other then that, I will return to this hotel, since the location & price are very good...

As well this hotel has an outdoor pool, which has a licensed lifeguard there daily...Hours were Mon-Fri 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and Sat/Sun from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

It is a small pool, but is adequate enough for the kids to enjoy....

There is a Hilton across the street that has a full service restaurant, however the rates at this hotel are always more then the Hampton's..and with Hampton you get a free breakfast daily with which Hilton's you do not unless your a preferred member...

Room Tip: If you want more privacy have a room facing the back (odd numbered rooms)