“Easy access-staff falls all over” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Easy access-staff falls all over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel the first weekend of October as part of a break in the DC area and enjoyed my time there although it did get a bit annoying the number of times that staff asked if the room was ok. Access was easy by using the provided shuttle from the Franconia Springfield Metro stop.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was a case of late start and too many hours on the road, so my wife and I decided to call it a day and looked for a Hampton Inn in the DC area. I called ahead, made my reservation, and then as we pulled up remembered that I didn't ask about pets! Not only did this hotel accept pets, but there was no additional charge! Our chichuahua was in doggy heaven! The hotel was very clean and the staff was quite friendly. Our room was on the second floor, and we assumed that was the floor assigned to people with pets. Having said that when our elevator door opened the air in the hall was clean and fresh. I did think the AC was a bit noisey, but it didn't stop me from falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows! Breakfast was up to Hampton Inn standards and the serving area as well as the tables were spotless! I do not hesitate in recommending this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Staff were super friendly and helpful! Hot complimentary breakfast was very satisfying and the unexpected manager's reception in the evening made for a nice dinner too. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Gym was lackluster but I didn't feel like exercising anyway ;) would definitely stay at this hotel and other Hampton Inn locations in the future because of the wonderful experience I had here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Battle Creek, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you can deal with a rude front counter clerk and MOLD than you will enjoy your stay. My service was so bad I had to check out in the middle of the night and went to the Hilton across the way and was treated like royalty as well as upgraded to the executive suite. I was told because I am allergic to mold that I should put that on my reservation in the future. Now I know and I also know never to stay at the Hampton Inn on Loisdale Ct in Springfield Virginia. But the funny thing is the customer service was worse than the mold. So like I mention if you can deal with mold and poor customer service than you have found the right place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied of our guest rooms and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. Please also accept our sincere apologies for the level of service you received during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and will definitely be addressed. Thank you again for your review.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter during the Labor Day Weekend...

We were given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back....

Check-in went very smooth with Kevin (one of the managers) and we were up to our room..

The hotel boasts a shuttle service to/from the Springfield Metro Station (about 5 min drive) between 7am-10pm daily...

The A/C unit in the room was a little loud and you had to manually control it, since there was no wall thermostat...

Breakfast was the normal fair and the staff manning the breakfast area was very polite...

Had one hiccup but that was addressed by Kevin after my stay and other then that, I will return to this hotel, since the location & price are very good...

As well this hotel has an outdoor pool, which has a licensed lifeguard there daily...Hours were Mon-Fri 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and Sat/Sun from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

It is a small pool, but is adequate enough for the kids to enjoy....

There is a Hilton across the street that has a full service restaurant, however the rates at this hotel are always more then the Hampton's..and with Hampton you get a free breakfast daily with which Hilton's you do not unless your a preferred member...

Room Tip: If you want more privacy have a room facing the back (odd numbered rooms)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This was definitely not the nicest hampton inn I have stayed at but overall it was clean and practical. The only issue we had was that the a/c in our room worked well as far as cokd air goes but it smelled terribly of moldiness or something. We ended up having to turn it off to breathe. We arrived very late after a long drive and didnt want to bother complaining to try to switch rooms but I am sure they eoukd have accomodated us in any wayway they could. We did tell the staff upon leaving so hopefully they do something about it. But other than that everything was excellent...clean and comfortable. As others have mentioned it could use a facelift with some more updating...but if you are looking for a reasonable place to stay near DC this is a great value for the price. This time we were just passing through but i would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area...but I would probably check the room out first.

• Stayed August 2012
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Normally I stay at the Hilton, which is across the street, but I opted to try the Hampton Inn instead. I figured it would still be good quality, for which the brand name is known. I wasn't overly thrilled with my room, which was very musty-smelling and had mildew in the shower area. The a/c unit was loud and didn't do much other than push around the stale air. The hotel is older and shows its wear. I'll stick with what I know from now on.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!