“The Worse Hotel & Customer Service Stay EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Springfield
Battle Creek, Michigan
“The Worse Hotel & Customer Service Stay EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you can deal with a rude front counter clerk and MOLD than you will enjoy your stay. My service was so bad I had to check out in the middle of the night and went to the Hilton across the way and was treated like royalty as well as upgraded to the executive suite. I was told because I am allergic to mold that I should put that on my reservation in the future. Now I know and I also know never to stay at the Hampton Inn on Loisdale Ct in Springfield Virginia. But the funny thing is the customer service was worse than the mold. So like I mention if you can deal with mold and poor customer service than you have found the right place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied of our guest rooms and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. Please also accept our sincere apologies for the level of service you received during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and will definitely be addressed. Thank you again for your review.

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter during the Labor Day Weekend...

We were given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back....

Check-in went very smooth with Kevin (one of the managers) and we were up to our room..

The hotel boasts a shuttle service to/from the Springfield Metro Station (about 5 min drive) between 7am-10pm daily...

The A/C unit in the room was a little loud and you had to manually control it, since there was no wall thermostat...

Breakfast was the normal fair and the staff manning the breakfast area was very polite...

Had one hiccup but that was addressed by Kevin after my stay and other then that, I will return to this hotel, since the location & price are very good...

As well this hotel has an outdoor pool, which has a licensed lifeguard there daily...Hours were Mon-Fri 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and Sat/Sun from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

It is a small pool, but is adequate enough for the kids to enjoy....

There is a Hilton across the street that has a full service restaurant, however the rates at this hotel are always more then the Hampton's..and with Hampton you get a free breakfast daily with which Hilton's you do not unless your a preferred member...

Room Tip: If you want more privacy have a room facing the back (odd numbered rooms)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This was definitely not the nicest hampton inn I have stayed at but overall it was clean and practical. The only issue we had was that the a/c in our room worked well as far as cokd air goes but it smelled terribly of moldiness or something. We ended up having to turn it off to breathe. We arrived very late after a long drive and didnt want to bother complaining to try to switch rooms but I am sure they eoukd have accomodated us in any wayway they could. We did tell the staff upon leaving so hopefully they do something about it. But other than that everything was excellent...clean and comfortable. As others have mentioned it could use a facelift with some more updating...but if you are looking for a reasonable place to stay near DC this is a great value for the price. This time we were just passing through but i would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area...but I would probably check the room out first.

• Stayed August 2012
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Normally I stay at the Hilton, which is across the street, but I opted to try the Hampton Inn instead. I figured it would still be good quality, for which the brand name is known. I wasn't overly thrilled with my room, which was very musty-smelling and had mildew in the shower area. The a/c unit was loud and didn't do much other than push around the stale air. The hotel is older and shows its wear. I'll stick with what I know from now on.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while traveling back from South Carolina as a stop over point. The room was clean. I was somewhat concerned with the location when I saw signs in the parking lot that basically said "Park at your own risk", but nothing happened to our car or any others that I know of during our stay. The hotel is located near a couple of other hotels, and near a mall that is under renovation, but it was pretty quiet during the night.

We did not get to use the outdoor pool as we arrived pretty late, but we were told it was open until 10 pm. The breakfast buffet was nice, with a lot of hot options as well as typical continental fare. Not bad, and one of the better ones I have seen.

The only drawback that I see was that they only have double beds, and not queen which made for some tight sleeping arrangements with 4 people. But overall, it was a good stay and would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eastern NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Searched around to find the best location for our trip. Wanted a decent price Hotel with free parking, shuttle to Metrostation, breakfast and pool. May seem like a lot, but they provided it all. Not just provided it, they mastered it.

Room Tip: stay here and take the shuttle to the metrorail station
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What you'd expect from a Hampton Inn -- clean, comfortable, roomy and updated. No complaints here except that the hallway on the top floor and the elevators were HOT. The daily breakfast was great and the shuttle took us to the metro station.

Room Tip: No complaints on our room on the top floor looking out towards the mall area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!