“Great "After Holiday" Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

You added Stevenson Ridge to your Saves list
Stevenson Ridge
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   6901 Meeting Street, Spotsylvania, VA 22553   |
Florence, South Carolina
“Great "After Holiday" Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Stevenson Ridge on our way back to SC from a stay in PA. The holidays were so busy, we just wanted a day to relax. We drove past the entrance of Stevenson Ridge the first time, but as we were driving past the view absolutely took my breath away. The SR is set on a beautiful piece of land. There is a pond in the middle of the property surrounded by a few of the houses you can stay in. My husband and I stayed in the Log House. It WAS GORGEOUS! We pulled up and on the porch was a lit Christmas tree amongst the rockers. Immediately when we walked in we felt at home. The place is so cozy and there is a fireplace in every room. Not only was the cabin spotless in terms of cleanliness, but it had every amenity that you could possible think of. There was even a DVD player with at least 12 diffferent DVDs of all genres to choose from.
Even though there are four fire places, there is also heat as well that was easy to use. If you are into playing chess, there is a beautiful chess board. The Log House is stocked with coffee and tea, water. There are wine and champagne glasses for use as well as a full set of plates and silverware. Upstiars are two bedrooms. The master bedroom is beautiful with a king size bed and fireplace. The shower is HUGE. I found that it didn't get piping hot, but that really wasn't an issue.
At night the other houses reflect off the pond and it is absolutely breathtaking.
Jennifer was extremely kind and helpful and delivered our breakfast basket in the morning right on time. The details on the property are just stunning. We will definitely be back!
The only one minor complaint is that our door to the cabin didn't lock properly when we went out to dinner in the town of Fredricksburg.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the log cabin at Stevenson Ridge and were so happy we did! It is a beautiful property and the owners were incredibly gracious. The cabin has two floors with two bedrooms and two bathrooms in it (one full, one half bath). There is a fireplace in every room in the house! It was so cozy and romantic--and absolutely spotless. Also, its proximity to the four Civil War battlefields was great. We very easily drove to each of them and even went out to Fredericksburg for dinner. When we toured Spottsylvania Battlefield, we realized just how close to it Stevenson Ridge is. We literally turned left out of the national park and the Stevenson Ridge was the next thing that we drove past.

We did not have the breakfast basket there that they advertise. Instead, we went into Spottsylvania to a small cafe not far from the cabin. The owner ahd recommended the spot and we really enjoyed our meal.

I was trying to come up with even one minor blemish of this stay to make my review sound more balanced, but I really can't. My husband and I plan on coming back in the winter to the cabin and we couldn't be happier about it. I guess the only down side that I could see to this place is if you plan to go out to the bars in Fredericksburg. You would need to have a designated driver (I believe that Stevenson Ridge will help you arrange for transportation though if you ask).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed in the Servant's Quarters with my grand daughter and daughter-in-law. We were in town for a wedding. The receiption was held at the lodge on the property. A lovely experience. The owner's have shown a great attention to detail in furnishing the different houses on the property. They were generous in letting us tour the other houses and get good points for that. The Servant's Quarters had twin beds which was a plus since I was traveling with my daughter-in-law. There was plenty of room for a pac n' play! I would recommend this as a weekend destination from DC or as a venue for a wedding/reunion, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Avon, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Friends and I were visiting Virginia battlefields and stayed at the Stevenson Ridge Inn. it was a wonderful experience. As you can imagine visiting those historic sites and staying in traditional buildings was quite a thrill. I stayed in the Log Cabin and would recommend it to anyone. Sitting on the porch in the evening or during breakfast in the morning Was a unique opportunity. The family operating the in was extremely welcoming. I hope to be able to go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Stevenson Ridge? Share your experiences!